1.    #1  
    Hi,

When I try and use video streaming sites I get "connection failed" error. Flash on other sites is working fine. I currently use splashtop to stream from my PC but it's not ideal. The site in question works fine on other devices so I don't understand why the HP touchpad web browser doesn't like it.

Thanks,

Keith
    What site is it?
  3.    #3  
    site is LiveOnlineFooty but you need to login to test.

keith
  4.    #4  
    Bump....Anyone...Does the new Hulu patch maybe fix this>?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I get the feeling that Liveonlinefooty will never work on webOS

Fortunately it works fine on Android though
    Quote Originally Posted by keithhubner View Post
    Bump....Anyone...Does the new Hulu patch maybe fix this>?
    No harm in trying it. It might fix the problem.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Noticed this mesage tonight on the LiveOnlineFooty front page:

If you are getting "Connection Failed" on the streams, please change to Google Chrome or Internet Explorer:

If you have updated Flash Player to the latest version in the last few days and are using Mozilla Firefox you will have been getting a "Connection Failed" Error on all of the streams, This is a problem Firefox side and we cannot do anything to fix this..

We are hoping they will fix it very soon but for the meantime the streams do work fine with the new player on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Thank you for understanding, and we will keep you updated on this

Seeing as we've been getting the same error on webOS for the past year, it does suggest that it's down the browser and / or the flash version.

Might give the Hulu fix another go. If we can make the website thingk we're using a different browser it should work. Currently using CM9 to access this site but would love to be able to do it in webOS.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Tried the Hulu 3.0.5 patch but still no joy.

Pretty sure it's something to do with patching the Flash identifier as the user agent part seemed to work. I checked this by going to Whats My User Agent? and could see that I was no longer being identified as using the webOS browser.

Noticed a few errors about not being able to find certain files when running the patch via the Linux command prompt. Not sure if this is normal for this patch or whether it is specific to my TP

Oh well. Just have to stick to using CM9 whenever I want to watch football.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Ran the patch again to test my theory. According to this website my flash version is still showing as WEB (i.e. webOS) after running the patch:

Show My Flash Player Version

I reckon if I could find a way of changing this to WIN then liveonlinefooty would work.

The error messages I get when I run the hulu fix patch via the linux command prompt are all do with the following file:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

The errors are either 'Resource is temporarily unavailable' or 'No such File or Directory'.

Does sound like the patch is having trouble doing it's thing

EDIT - Have now realised this was because the TP was in USB storage mode. My bad.
    Last edited by P_Yiddy; 03/02/2012 at 07:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Rebooted Touchpad and tried manually updating using the old instructions:

1) mount –o remount,rw /
    2) mount –o remount,rw /media/cryptofs
    3) cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/
    4) cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/
    5) mv libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.old
    6) mv libflashplayer.so.sig libflashplayer.so.sig.old
    7) cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins
    8) sed -i 's/WEB 10/LNX 10/' libflashplayer.so
    9) mount –o remount,ro /
    10) mount –o remount,ro /media/cryptofs

Flash agent identifier is now showing as LNX but Liveonlinefooty still coming up with the 'connection failed' error
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Tried changing the Flash identifier to WIN but still not working.

Think I'm gonna call it a night