1.    #1  
    Hi, Not sure if anyone can shed any more light on SMS mirroring! I have a pre3 and a TP on the same webos account, both devices have latest updates and are both paired.

I can make & receive calls, share web pages (via TTS), and send and receive sms messages (sms mirror option is on).

I thought that with sms mirror on, any new messages received on the pre whilst not connected to TP, would transfer to the TP when they are connected. I would also have thought that if you sent an sms from the TP, that message would appear in the conversation string on the pre, and visa versa!

This isn't happening, so my question is should it work as I've described above? Am I doing something wrong!?

I also thought that if I TTS with the message app open in a conversation it might transfer the messages, but that doesn't work!!

Your comments will be appriciated.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrywmk View Post
    I would also have thought that if you sent an sms from the TP, that message would appear in the conversation string on the pre, and visa versa!
    How do you send an SMS from your TouchPad?

I'm talking about initiating a SMS conversation. If my Pre3 is connected to the TouchPad and I receive a SMS I will be able to continue the conversation on my TouchPad, but I have no idea how to start one (because I don't have the SIM contacts on my TouchPad).
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    How do you send an SMS from your TouchPad?

I'm talking about initiating a SMS conversation. If my Pre3 is connected to the TouchPad and I receive a SMS I will be able to continue the conversation on my TouchPad, but I have no idea how to start one (because I don't have the SIM contacts on my TouchPad).
    As long as your TP is paired with Pre3 and connected, you can start a new conversation on the TP from with the message app, at the buttom of the 1st screen there is a 'New Message' button, hit that, enter a number or IM name and of you go. The TP will send the message through the Pre3's cellular connection.

The problem is that message dosen't show in the Pre3 message app. So when you get a reply, it comes to the Pre, shows up in the message app and is passed onto the TP.

What you get now is gaps in the conversation string and you have to check both devices if you want to refer back to who said what! This is very annoying!

Anyone got any other comments?