1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I've recently tried to update my Touchpad to 3.0.5 but the process can not be completed. I've searched online and tried to use the WebOS Doctor 12% Novaterm fix but the issue still remain. I've ran the WebOS Doctor using command prompt and the process would end with "Flashing failed, Moved to Failed Card"
    Reset and erase does not work in WebOS, CynagenMOd would not uninstall either. I've ran the CynagenMod uninstaller yet CynagenMod kept booting up.
    I've noticed I can erase files and transfer files when Touchpad is connected through USB but everytime I disengage the USB all the files would return to it's previous state. Thus I think it's the reason why Cynagenmod can't be uninstalled.
    It's almost as if I had a Demo unit yet I've purchased it new and been working fine every since the fire sale.

Any help would be appreciated or should I just contact HP and get a replacement?
    Thanks,
    I have the same problem with my touchpad. Are there any solutions?
    Can you still install app onto the device through webOS? If so then I have an idea with using Tailor. Use this app to see if the android partitions are still there. If so, delete these partitions. Then with the USB media partition, unmount it and check file system then repair. The repair option may take serveral tries to come clear for the check filesystem to come clean. Then resizie the USB partion with the unused space, check the filesystem again, then remount it. Do a restart of the touchpad and then try the webOS doctor.

Well??
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Can you still install app onto the device through webOS? If so then I have an idea with using Tailor. Use this app to see if the android partitions are still there. If so, delete these partitions. Then with the USB media partition, unmount it and check file system then repair. The repair option may take serveral tries to come clear for the check filesystem to come clean. Then resizie the USB partion with the unused space, check the filesystem again, then remount it. Do a restart of the touchpad and then try the webOS doctor.

Well??
    I am having the same issue with it seeming like it is in read only mode but no android. Should this still help?
    Last edited by 5tring3r; 02/17/2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Elaboration
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    can hp remotely reset a device?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Send it back. Sounds like the issue I had with a memory controller stuck in r/o mode.

Alan
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Having said that, mine has come back. Same serial number so unless they replaced the internals (which they may have done), they did something to reset it back to "normal" mode.

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by 5tring3r View Post
    I am having the same issue but no android. Should this still help?
    Please be specific to your issue, the use of tailor is for partitioning, if you haven't messed with any unsupported formatting (adding a linux partition, cm, etc) your issue is most likely not the same as the OP.

Some of the instructions above *may* help if it is an issue with the USB drive, but the OP has issues related to CM install as well that don't sound like they apply to you.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 02/17/2012 at 10:33 AM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...