Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #21  
    Here are some sunspider results taken from my 32g touchpad running at 1728mhz.


    (Lower is better)

    WebOS Stock browser 2423
    WebOS Advanced browser 2403

    CM9 Stock browser 2459
    CM9 Dolphin HD 2485

    Ubuntu CHRoot Chrome 2170


    Seems as though only Ubuntu/Chrome has any noticeable advantage.
    Of course it's not nearly as nice to use on a tablet because of the lack of it having multitouch etc....
    Eigan likes this.
  2.    #22  
    Here are some sunspider results taken from my 32g touchpad running at 1728mhz.


    (Lower is better)

    WebOS Stock browser 2423
    WebOS Advanced browser 2403

    CM9 Stock browser 2459
    CM9 Dolphin HD 2485

    Ubuntu CHRoot Chrome 2170


    Seems as though only Ubuntu/Chrome has any noticeable advantage.
    Of course it's not nearly as nice to use on a tablet because of the lack of it having multitouch etc....
    Thanks for taking the time to test this out. Would love to see the results from Dolphin using CM7, but I don't think it would matter much. This puts to rest the ridiculous notion that webOS browsers are slower than Android's browsers. Mobile Safari doesn't matter to me because it doesn't have Flash, but I would like to see the results on it also just to have a comparison.


    ---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
  3. kalel33's Avatar
    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to test this out. Would love to see the results from Dolphin using CM7, but I don't think it would matter much. This puts to rest the ridiculous notion that webOS browsers are slower than Android's browsers. Mobile Safari doesn't matter to me because it doesn't have Flash, but I would like to see the results on it also just to have a comparison.


    ---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    I've never had a problem with the speed of the WebOS browser, just the capabilities. Dolphin HD is a much better browser in features and expandability.
  4. #24  
    I wonder, did they ever fix the issue with Java dragging the browser? Probably not. I'd like to see those Sunspider scores with Flash off and then with Flash and Java off. I'm thinking this browser could have blown the others away if they had just fixed the lagging issue Java creates when it's enabled.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    I wonder, did they ever fix the issue with Java dragging the browser? Probably not. I'd like to see those Sunspider scores with Flash off and then with Flash and Java off. I'm thinking this browser could have blown the others away if they had just fixed the lagging issue Java creates when it's enabled.
    Sunspider can't be run with java off. Its a java script benchmarking utility. However it would be good to see benchmarks that test everything in the browsers.. There is one called Peacekeeper that tests a lot more but I don't have anything other than WebOS to test.
    Last edited by gaitch32; 01/25/2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: spelling
  6. T-Pad's Avatar
    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    Sunspider can't be run with java off.
    You wanted to say Sunspider can be run with Java off - because it is a JavaScript benchmark there is no need for Java
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    You wanted to say Sunspider can be run with Java off - because it is a JavaScript benchmark there is no need for Java
    I guess I don't completely understand it then. I just know that when I turned off Java in the browser the test didn't work.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    Here are some sunspider results taken from my 32g touchpad running at 1728mhz.


    (Lower is better)

    WebOS Stock browser 2423
    WebOS Advanced browser 2403

    CM9 Stock browser 2459
    CM9 Dolphin HD 2485

    Ubuntu CHRoot Chrome 2170


    Seems as though only Ubuntu/Chrome has any noticeable advantage.
    Of course it's not nearly as nice to use on a tablet because of the lack of it having multitouch etc....
    Which version of Sunspider? They changed things in between 0.9 and 0.9.1 so you have to specify.

    As a point of comparison, I get 1807ms (lower is better) on 0.9.1 on CM7-Xron in Opera Mobile at 1.7GHz.



    @gaitch32

    JAVA and javaSCRIPT are not the same thing despite the similar sounding names.
    Last edited by chronoreverse; 01/25/2012 at 10:32 AM.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    I've never had a problem with the speed of the WebOS browser, just the capabilities. Dolphin HD is a much better browser in features and expandability.
    Now this I agree with. If you want a ton of features Dolphin is where it is at. I have noticed that I don't want or need all of the features that Dolphin has. As a matter of fact one of the things I hate about Dolphin is the settings menus are so darn convoluted with useless features that it takes forever just to figure out simple stuff like how to set the home page. However, at least there is a way to set the home page. WebOS doesn't have that. You have to create an shortcut icon (very easy to do) for the page you want to open as your home page on the launcher. Anyway, Dolphin does have a lot of features but for most of us they are useless.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by chronoreverse View Post
    Which version of Sunspider? They changed things in between 0.9 and 0.9.1 so you have to specify.

    As a point of comparison, I get 1807ms (lower is better) on 0.9.1 on CM7-Xron in Opera Mobile at 1.7GHz.


    Incidentally, at 1.5GHz, I get 2058ms on Xron while I get 2800ms in WebOS (3.0.5)
  11. #31  
    not directly related to performance, but do any android browsers have the equivalent of the custom browser gestures patch? I am finding this is my favorite browsing feature of webos.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merjout View Post
    SO what this is saying that it takes an overclocked of 700mhz o match the 1ghz that cm9 runs at? Or did you also overclock cm9. I have two touchpads so maybe I give it a go. WHat I really don't like about webOS is how slow it loads everything but pdk apps and there aren't that many of them.
    I run the tp at 1728 in both WebOS and CM9 for all the tests I did
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions