Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By yorxs
  • 1 Post By laoh
  1.    #1  
    Anyone noticed that? No denying that it is now more snappy than in 3.0.4 and loads web pages faster, but this bug remains intact.
    I have to say that browser on TP is still way behind browsers in android.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    Anyone noticed that? No denying that it is now more snappy than in 3.0.4 and loads web pages faster, but this bug remains intact.
    I have to say that browser on TP is still way behind browsers in android.
    Will you explain this issue in detail? I haven't noticed it on my TouchPads. Each browsers whether it is on Android or webOS has quirks. My favorite Android browser (Dolphin HD) has issues with Flash content on my phone. Flash video doesn't display right when scrolling the page and I have a lot of issues with the position slider (can't seem to grab them when in fullscreen). So your statement seems a little biased without some clarification.
    I see no fix in 3.0.5 either. My browser has never returned back to where I was on the page. Each update I hope for a fix but never see any change. I think it is just the nature of webOS.
    rmeigs likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Will you explain this issue in detail? I haven't noticed it on my TouchPads. Each browsers whether it is on Android or webOS has quirks. My favorite Android browser (Dolphin HD) has issues with Flash content on my phone. Flash video doesn't display right when scrolling the page and I have a lot of issues with the position slider (can't seem to grab them when in fullscreen). So your statement seems a little biased without some clarification.
    I am not saying all of the browsers in android are better than the stock browser in webos. The stock browser has good flash rendering. Apart from that, I can hardly see other features that will surpass top browsers on android. And we have only this choice, if you want to say it is a choice. Maybe I am a little critical. WebOS is a good OS, HP just screw it up.
    Let's try and keep this on-topic and away from the Android vs webOS comparisons

OP... This is a bug the webOS engineers know about and told us they were looking into. If you click a link in the browser that takes you to another page, and then hit the back button, it should take you to the spot on the previous page you left off. As it stands, you have to manually scroll back down to where you left off. It absolutely drives me nuts too and I had expected it to be one of the great upgrades included in 3.0.5... but guess we'll have to wait a bit longer. <sigh>
    So this has been a known "issue" since day 1. Is this considered a bug or really a non-implementation of a browser behavior that we'd like?
    sledge007 likes this.
    Yeah, it's annoying. Maybe a future release will have a competitive browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by B04W View Post
    It stands to reason that if the software knows where the scroll bar is on a given page, you should be able to hit the back button and force the location of the page to be where the scroll bar was. No more having to start from the top each time.
    cup & string
    Strangely, I thought this was working correctly the other day. But then after I read this and tried to repeat it, it didn't work. I will take some more drugs and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Strangely, I thought this was working correctly the other day. But then after I read this and tried to repeat it, it didn't work. I will take some more drugs and try again.
    I rarely notice it because I always open in new tab if I know I will be going back to the source page. This is a habit I carried over from my PC browsing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    So this has been a known "issue" since day 1. Is this considered a bug or really a non-implementation of a browser behavior that we'd like?
    Nailed it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Let's try and keep this on-topic and away from the Android vs webOS comparisons

OP... This is a bug the webOS engineers know about and told us they were looking into. If you click a link in the browser that takes you to another page, and then hit the back button, it should take you to the spot on the previous page you left off. As it stands, you have to manually scroll back down to where you left off. It absolutely drives me nuts too and I had expected it to be one of the great upgrades included in 3.0.5... but guess we'll have to wait a bit longer. <sigh>
    Ok, now I understand this. The OP did not explain the exact problem in the post or when I asked for clarification. So hitting the back button in the browser takes you to the top of the last page you viewed instead of to the spot you left off at. I can see if my browser does that but after reading this post I'm pretty sure it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I rarely notice it because I always open in new tab if I know I will be going back to the source page. This is a habit I carried over from my PC browsing.
    Same as I. I forgot that browsers even did this since I started using tabs. I had to knock the cobwebs off of that information.
    I too just open links as a new tab to avoid this annoying browser behavior