Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi there!

I'm have a strange issue on my touchpad where the internet works fine (pages load and aps work) but in the browser I keep getting the following error "Error no internet connection." When I press ok, the page loads fine. It's just annoying to keep having to press ok.

Any ideas of why this might be? I have some basic hacks (just the ones in the getting started guide sticky) and am on 3.0.4.
    venugopal41 likes this.
    Same here, it is REAL frustrating getting that message ever 2-3 pages when I can SEE the progress bar load & the page display behind the message. Someone please Help!
    If you disable WiFi and re-enable it does the issue still occur?
    Dose it happen on all wifi networks?
    Do you only run into this type of issue in the web application? what about things like app catalog?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I've noticed this too recently with my web app and email app. Yes it does happen on all wifi networks I use. Happens when my device is idled for a long while. Rarely hitting ok in web or resync email to fix this. Most of the time its resolved by closing the app and reopening it. If that does not work then I just turn off wifi and put it back on. Never more than this.

The frequency hasn't been high for this and since the fix is very simple never thought much into this. I currently have no wifi access to further into into this atm Some things to check for those catching this:

1. Quickly go into wifi, open your wifi connection, and see if there is an ip address, gateway, and DNS addresss.

2. Quickly open other internet -dependent apps like app catalog or a social media app to see if the same thing fails.

3. Make a log file.

I'll stare at my logs the next time this happens.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    There are several issues, and several threads, all dealing with wi-fi and internet connection problems. Some fixes that help some TPs and some fixes for wireless routers. Nothing seems to solve all issues all the time, but search and you will see all the options.
    ....But there is NO actual issue with the connection itself, just the error message. It happens every 2-3 times I load a new page but 100% of the time the page is visibly loading behind the error message & is fine when I press OK. It WORKS, it just a real big nuisance.
    I only access my home wifi, and this is the only thread I could find with the exact same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_aus View Post
    ....But there is NO actual issue with the connection itself, just the error message. It happens every 2-3 times I load a new page but 100% of the time the page is visibly loading behind the error message & is fine when I press OK. It WORKS, it just a real big nuisance.
    I only access my home wifi, and this is the only thread I could find with the exact same problem.
    I wish the email app did the same thing at least. If the web app is pulling the site behind that error then we can safely rule not ISP/network issues. Do you get this after the device has been idle or happens in middle of a session?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_aus View Post
    Well part of the issue, is that the connection may be going in and out so it gets the error message. One thing to check is your router settings, some people have had success changing those

WiFi gremlins driving me wild
    Quote Originally Posted by engreeks1 View Post
    Hi there!

I'm have a strange issue on my touchpad where the internet works fine (pages load and aps work) but in the browser I keep getting the following error "Error no internet connection." When I press ok, the page loads fine. It's just annoying to keep having to press ok.

Any ideas of why this might be? I have some basic hacks (just the ones in the getting started guide sticky) and am on 3.0.4.
    I have the same problem. It started after the update a few months back and requires a restart to solve. Pretty annoying and since I'm not very tech savy I will just have to hope someone comes up with an easy fix.
    I have this problem too. But, it won't go away by turning WiFi on/off or by powering the touchpad down.

Also, it totally stops my email, app store and kindle from functioning. As others mentioned, my browser works in the background while the error message displays.

Has anybody found a solution? I have not tried using any other networks, only my home one. Someone mentioned that there might be some relationship with having used the airplane mode? I have used the airplane mode, but it is currently set to off.

I have a Cisco linksys, which gives me no problems otherwise. No other computers in the house, including my wife's touchpad have had a problem. She has never used airplane mode.

Thanks, in advance, for any help. I am getting very frustrated with this.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I have this problem - it started when I upgraded my broadband to BT Infinity ( 55 meg) - I still use the same Draytek router and now the HP touchpad keeps coming up with this error message, and also the email app doesn't work. I assume from the lack of answer to the original post, from 5 months ago, there's no fix for this? and the Touchpad is little more than useless now?
    Try checking what channel your router is broadcasting on. If there are a lot of other routers in your area using that channel it could make a difference. In my building, most of the people had a router from ATT and they were all on channel 5....probably factory default. I have a Buffalo router and set mine to 11 and haven't had a problem since.

Here is where you can get a utility that runs on Windows that will scan your area. MetaGeek | Home of Wi-Spy and inSSIDer

Look for inSSIDer
    BREAKING NEWS: All credit card PIN numbers in the World leaked. Here is a sample.....0001, 0002, 0003......
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    Try checking what channel your router is broadcasting on. If there are a lot of other routers in your area using that channel it could make a difference. In my building, most of the people had a router from ATT and they were all on channel 5....probably factory default. I have a Buffalo router and set mine to 11 and haven't had a problem since.

Here is where you can get a utility that runs on Windows that will scan your area. MetaGeek | Home of Wi-Spy and inSSIDer

Look for inSSIDer
    gaitch I live in the middle on know where ! In fact their are less routers, as before I got the fibre optic broadband, I was running 2 routers from 2 different service providers...now I only have the draytek. I have scanned with my iPhone and there are no other routers showing up.. Just mine.
    joeytino likes this.
    The 2.4ghz band is used by many consumer products such as cordless phones, baby monitors and microwaves and something else could be interfering. You might just try switching the channel anyway.
    Last edited by gaitch32; 07/14/2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    BREAKING NEWS: All credit card PIN numbers in the World leaked. Here is a sample.....0001, 0002, 0003......
    Quote Originally Posted by Davish1 View Post
    I have this problem too. But, it won't go away by turning WiFi on/off or by powering the touchpad down.

Also, it totally stops my email, app store and kindle from functioning. As others mentioned, my browser works in the background while the error message displays.

Has anybody found a solution? I have not tried using any other networks, only my home one. Someone mentioned that there might be some relationship with having used the airplane mode? I have used the airplane mode, but it is currently set to off.

I have a Cisco linksys, which gives me no problems otherwise. No other computers in the house, including my wife's touchpad have had a problem. She has never used airplane mode.

Thanks, in advance, for any help. I am getting very frustrated with this.
    I'm having the same issue. Nothing has changed in my home network, but now, even though I can see the WiFi on and connected, the browser shows the no internet connection while the page is loading and the email won't download anything. I have used airplane mode. This is a recent issue for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilola8 View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Nothing has changed in my home network, but now, even though I can see the WiFi on and connected, the browser shows the no internet connection while the page is loading and the email won't download anything. I have used airplane mode. This is a recent issue for me.
    Ditto. Huge new problem.

I have two 32GB TPs that have never had network issues.

Now sometimes the browser will surf great but all other apps fail and report "No Network Connection" while the wifi indicator is bright white.

NG3700 netgear router logs show no errors.
    NG3700 Attached Devices shows the TP MAC with an IP address

wifi Security set to WPA2-PSK [AES]

Have tried..
    Multiple hard reboots
    Mulitple: Airplane mode, BT first and then Wifi
    Multiple: forget the net and recreate
    Multiple: Router reboots
    shorten the WPA2 password.
    Change the router channels
    the Preware TP Wifi 305/5 fix

No love..

Sometimes I can open the browser and get good results, all other apps fail, go back to the browser and it still works.
    Sometimes the browser does not work.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I had this problem a while ago--very annoying. I uninstalled and then reinstalled my Gmail account, and I haven't had the problem since. Not sure whether that will work for you, but you might give it a shot. Good luck!
    My 32GB TP is doing the same things too.

I also have CM9/ICS dual boot on it and the WiFi actually runs better and faster there.
    Speedtest.net (my Comcast IP is 35Mbps):
    CM9 - ping 25ms, download 30Mbps, upload 7Mbps (WiFi N?)
    WebOS - ping 55ms, download: 9.18Mbps, Upload: 5.67Mbps (WiFi G?)

All was working just fine, no changes to my unit or WiFi/Router for months, then all of a sudden WebOS side is flakey.

CM9 side:
    full signal on WiFi
    Everything WiFi works consistently and faster.

WebOS side:
    full signal on WiFi
    1) Browser works for internet, sometimes displays "no internet connection", but still goes to page.
    2) HP App Catalog does not work - spinning circle
    3) Email does not work
    4) Settings/Accounts - cannot load - spinning circle
    5) Device Info - HP WEBOS ACCOUNT box is blank
    6) Diagnostics from Device Info page's menu / diagnostics / Automated -- ALL PASSED

I just ended a chat with HP tech about the issue.
    He recommended WebOS Doctor to try to fix.
    When I tried to run it with 86% battery, it failed.

I will try again when 100%.

Also, HP Tech said that when out of warranty, to fix the WiFi would be $385 (shipping both ways included).

It seems to me to be ALL Software/WebOS problem.
    I just completed a WebOSDoctor (3.0.5) process after fully charging my TP32.

So far, so good.

It prompted me to login to my WebOS account and asked what to restore from the "cloud". I selected everything.

It is now restoring all of my AppCatalog apps and remembered my e-mail accounts (I had to provide the passwords again).

All apps re-loaded from App Catalog except for AngryBirdsHD... oh well.

WiFi in WebOS seems to be back to normal!

When Starting/restarting TP, no dual boot (used for WebOS/Android-ICS) any longer.
    It looks like I need to re-load ICS/CM9 stuff again .
    Read Derek Kessler article on the home page to get angry birds app back. I'm gonna try it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast