1.    #1  
    I am getting the metallic sound issue 3 times in a day now? Not sure what is causing it, the TP has no patches and a load of 3.0.5. Has anyone tried to fix this with WebOS Doctor, I am getting desperate ! Wondering if it has something to do with charging on touchstone? thanks
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The search function is your friend, there a quite a few threads relating to this issue. it's a known problem and has been going on for wuite some time. At this point I don't think there are any permanent fixes.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BooR4dley View Post
    The search function is your friend, there a quite a few threads relating to this issue. it's a known problem and has been going on for some time. At this point I don't think there are any permanent fixes.
    I did a search and it is not my friend - no where does it say anything about trying WebDoc, So I ask again, did anyone try webdoc for this issue ? Someone must have a clue as to what the heck is causing this?
    On 3.0.5 using pulse audio restarter doesnt seem to work all the time for me, normally have to turn off and on the TP
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    On 3.0.5 using pulse audio restarter doesnt seem to work all the time for me, normally have to turn off and on the TP
    Yeah, I have been shutting down all day, at least 4 times now, never this bad in the past. Before 3.0.5 it was like once a week or so, now it is all the time. If it Keeps up I will call HP.
    Shutdown takes forever, worthless tablet without sound !
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Nobody suggested to Dr it because that won't fix it.
    What you will find if you search on this topic is the suggested workaround fix, which is
    to start playing a YouTube vid, and then hit the power/sleep button to shut it off.
    It'll continue playing for a few seconds after the screen goes black, and then
    quit. When you wake it up, many people report the sound is back to normal.
    May take a couple times, but is faster than restarting.

The other more consistent fix is to stop and start audiod, but requires
    command line access (wTerm rocks for this). Someone said they
    added this functionality to PulseAudio restarter app, but apparently they never
    published it to Preware (dunno why not).

Anyway, when I was up to restarting 3-4 times a day on 3.0.4 (before
    the workaround were known), I gave up and Dr'd back to 3.0.2 and have been there
    ever since. I may stick with 3.0.2 until they fix this bug, as 3.0.5 offers little else that
    I care about.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 01/22/2012 at 07:56 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    What you will find if you search on this topic is the suggested workaround fix, which is
    to start playing a YouTube vid, and then hit the power/sleep button to shut it off.

the workaround were known), I gave up and Dr'd back to 3.0.2 and have been there
    ever since. I may stick with 3.0.2 until they fix this bug, as 3.0.5 offers little else that
    I care about.

ian
    Thinking of going back to 3.0.2 too but would hate to have the wifi and slower browser problems, so will think about this drastic move back. Thanks Deamon for suggestions, I did not find them while searching, but there are a lot comments on the subject.
    FWIW I had the audio thing and I doctored it twice. Issue never came back until I updated to 3.0.5, but it's only happened once so far.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I had my first wonky audio glitch today on 3.0.5. I guess this is pretty good considering I would get at least 2-3 per week with 3.0.2.

Oddly enough it never takes place while using ICS CM9, so its definitely related to webOS and not hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

I care about.

ian
    I found the modified Pulse Audio Restarter application in this post : --- Distorted Noise on Touchpad

It seems to work fine with 3.0.5 and appears to fix the "distorted sound problem" most times.
    Much quicker than restarting