Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By k4ever
  1.    #1  
    my touch pad is getting mad ,the Hp sign is flashing all the time and the device not responding to the shut down button or anything else , the problem also is that downloading webOS doctor and installation fails everytime , what can i do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by abrazik View Post
    my touch pad is getting mad ,the Hp sign is flashing all the time and the device not responding to the shut down button or anything else , the problem also is that downloading webOS doctor and installation fails everytime , what can i do now?
    Start here:
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

You may want to share your location in case there are people nearby who can help.
    I'm sure there are other solutions outside of selling for parts. Do you bulldoze a house if the roof has a leak? Why not work through some possible solutions first?
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm sure there are other solutions outside of selling for parts. Do you bulldoze a house if the roof has a leak? Why not work through some possible solutions first?
    You'd get that advice from people with a bulldozer for rent, or wanting to buy your land.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    center button+power button+volume down

will do a forced shutdown
    Start here:
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

You may want to share your location in case there are people nearby who can help.

I wish folks would stop pointing other people to this wiki who own a TouchPad. The instructions are written for a Pre with only a little blurb on the bottom for the TouchPad that is missing some steps. I spent the last 4 days repairing my TouchPad because the instructions there made matters worst. How do we get the webOS Internals folks to update the instructions for the TouchPad or make a separate page? Here is a chronicle of what happen to me (note the irregularity with the wiki I discovered along the way. Look at post 25):

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...s-profile.html

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I wish folks would stop pointing other people to this wiki who own a TouchPad. The instructions are written for a Pre with only a little blurb on the bottom for the TouchPad that is missing some steps. I spent the last 4 days repairing my TouchPad because the instructions there made matters worst. How do we get the webOS Internals folks to update the instructions for the TouchPad or make a separate page? Here is a chronicle of what happen to me (note the irregularity with the wiki I discovered along the way. Look at post 25):

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...s-profile.html

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    The mess in that thread that you got yourself in, has nothing to do with the normal basic need for doctoring from Recovery Mode, for which that page still offers the basic info.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    The mess in that thread that you got yourself in, has nothing to do with the normal basic need for doctoring from Recovery Mode, for which that page still offers the basic info.
    The mess I got myself into was made worse because of some missing instructions in the wiki when redoing the partitions for the TouchPad. Two of the partitions need to be formatted for ext3, or the doctor won't work, which explained the error I was getting every time I ran it. Also, the TouchPad's old code name was Topaz and the Pre's old code name was Castle. The image file for the TouchPad is nova-cust-image-topaz and not nova-cust-image-castle, which is used throughout the wiki. It needs to be updated to point those differences out. You and I may know the difference or figure it out, but you can't expect a novice to do so.

The rest of the tools and instructions provided by webOS Internals were excellent (Impostah!!) and spot on, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    The mess I got myself into was made worse because of some missing instructions in the wiki when redoing the partitions for the TouchPad. Two of the partitions need to be formatted for ext3, or the doctor won't work, which explained the error I was getting every time I ran it. Also, the TouchPad's old code name was Topaz and the Pre's old code name was Castle. The image file for the TouchPad is nova-cust-image-topaz and not nova-cust-image-castle, which is used throughout the wiki. It needs to be updated to point those differences out. You and I may know the difference or figure it out, but you can't expect a novice to do so.

The rest of the tools and instructions provided by webOS Internals were excellent (Impostah!!) and spot on, btw.
    In that case, you should update it!
    People are always invited to update the wiki right.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    In that case, you should update it!
    People are always invited to update the wiki right.
    I never thought about that. It is a "wiki". I will see what I can do sometime this week (I want to do it right but I don't want to miss the NFL play-off games today).
    GuyFromNam likes this.