1.    #1  
    Does anyone else's TouchPad not display the serial number in Device Info? For some strange reason mine is blank. It has been blank since I received the TouchPad as an SRO replacement for my original (cracked speaker/non-working camera).

I brought this to the HP's attention and they were just as baffled by it as I was. However, since the device worked great, I just forgot about it. Plus, the serial number for the device is stamped on a little pop out drawer on the top of the device were the SIM card would go if it was the 4G model.

Well I recently had some issues with a bad Arch Linux install messing up my partitions. I backed up the device, then followed the instructions under one of the webOS Internals wikis to rebuild the partitions (which had some other issues). After successfully rebuilding the partitions, I ran the webOS doctor. After the doctor finished, I was unable to log into my webOS profile.

I spent the last 4 days going back and forth with HP's tech support and reimaging the device several times. I finally just used the bypass tool to bypass the activation page. I then installed Impostah and tried to log into my profile again. I got an error that said my serial number didn't match. I checked Device Info and of course it was still blank. So I installed the Device Profile Service Override program and used Impostah to set my serial number. After that I was able to finally log into my webOS profile.

My device is doing well right now. It is currently installing all of my backed up data. However, when I look under Device Info my serial number is still blank. Wish there was some way to permanently fix this.

Edit: BTW here is the original thread that lists all my troubles:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...s-profile.html
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    impostah probably has somethin for that
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remolten View Post
    impostah probably has somethin for that
    This was my first time using it. I can't seem to find where to make the change appear in Device Info, if that is even possible.
    Did you try a simple Erase Apps and Data from Device Info?
  5.    #5  
    Did you try a simple Erase Apps and Data from Device Info?
    No, it is not that much of a problem for me. The serial number has never appeared in Device Info on this device even when it was "new". It is working great now and I am a little wary of messing with it.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    No, it is not that much of a problem for me. The serial number has never appeared in Device Info on this device even when it was "new". It is working great now and I am a little wary of messing with it.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Good decision! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.