1.    #1  
    Hey,

my Touchpad stucks in a bootloop (hp logo comes up but it won't flash and restarts after a few seconds) after doctoring it cause of broken modules.
    Think due to extf3 partitioning I have to recreate the filesystem. I found the instructions for 32 GB Touchpad, but I got a 64 GB
    Or perhaps deleting the exfs3 and resizing the media partition will fix it? Or perhaps installing Moboot will help?

If you have any ideas, please do not hesitate to write

Thank you all in advance,

Zillah
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    same thing happened to me after the reboot step in manually creating the partition

so did the doctoring work or not?

if it did then simply go here

testing.preware.org

enable beta feeds and search and install tailor to delete the partition and add back to usb

if it didn't moboot wud be a good try
    my touch pad is doing the same thing now, the Hp sign is flashing all the time and the device not responding to the shut down button or anything else , the problem also is that downloading webOS doctor and installation fails everytime , what can i do now?
  4.    #4  
    doctoring runs completely, but doesn't have any success...
    Think I'll have to recreate the filesystem, so if anyone has a guide for 64GB TPs, it would be very fine.
    I can connect to the TP via novacom and it is possible to load the nova-installer-image but installing Moboot will not work without getting data from the PC to the TP, or is there any way?

Best, Zillah

Edit:

Think it would even be sufficient if a 64 GB owner could post his filesystem structure (the original size of the media partition)

Edit 2:

I found "lvm.static pvremove -ff /dev/mmcblk0p3" to completely remove the lvm structure, do you think this could be a successful move?
    Last edited by Zillah87; 01/22/2012 at 04:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    when i doctored it worked but it left the ext3fs partition there

so idk

did you manually create it

if so post the step you were on
    Quote Originally Posted by Remolten View Post
    same thing happened to me after the reboot step in manually creating the partition

so did the doctoring work or not?

if it did then simply go here

testing.preware.org

enable beta feeds and search and install tailor to delete the partition and add back to usb

if it didn't moboot wud be a good try
    The steps for manually creating the partitions on the wiki are missing a few more steps:

mkfs.ext3 /dev/mapper/store-var
    mkfs.ext3 /dev/mapper/store-log
    mkdir /var/log
    mkdir /var/tmp
    mkdir /var/run

Then you need to doctor. If not the doctor will fail because it can't mount or unmount the log partition.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, got it working, here is the manual:

First, boot into recovery mode, than load the novacom image as described here:
    Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

While running novaterm, type the lines described here but DO NOT CREATE MEDIA PARTITION! (and therefore do NOT format it):
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

type

lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgdisplay

to see how much space is left free:
    Free PE/Size X / XX

then type

lvm.static lvcreate -l X -M y --major 254 --minor 6 -n media store

while X are the free PEs

after that, do

lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure
    mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 -F 32 /dev/store/media

and then run WEBOSDOCTOR 3.0.0 !!! NOT 3.0.x !!!
    You can find it here:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

After that, just update or run WEBOSDOC 3.0.x as you wish.

Hope this helps some others, too!

Edit: found it here:
    webOS & CM7 - Adjusting/Premake CM7 custom size partitions btw. very nice for manual partitioning