Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By looktall
  1.    #1  
    ok 1st off sorry if this has been touched already I'm still a noob with webos but last night the patches from preware read that there were 678 patches available for 3.0.5 so I downloaded the placement folders for when they become available but now there are none available except the ones that I am waiting for,also I know this is old but I can't remove some of the old patches like mojo scrolling and two more but any info will be much appreciated.And please go easy on me I'm trying to learn as much as I can about webos. Thanks in advanced
    that's because they haven't been updated for 3.0.5 yet.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    What's the holdup? Some of these patches are the only thing making the touchpad usable and it's been several days.
    Quote Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
    What's the holdup? Some of these patches are the only thing making the touchpad usable and it's been several days.
    Sarcasm?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Not at all, some of these makes make this thing usable. It's bad enough dealing with the worse browser on a tablet, but without those patches it's pretty bad.
    I wish one of these updates fixed some of the crap that make the patches required but unfortunately they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that's because they haven't been updated for 3.0.5 yet.
    re-read the OP again.

he's talking about the patch place holders not the actual patches.

yesterday there were hundreds of patch place holders.
    today they are gone.
    Dar1078 and geeksquadkid like this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by looktall View Post
    re-read the OP again.

today they are gone.
    that is exactly what I was talking about I thought maybe I had added a feed that I needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by looktall View Post
    re-read the OP again.

today they are gone.
    Since some time yesterday (1-19), I haven't been able to get any 3.0.5 feeds to load.

3.0.4 has been loading no problem.

I haven't tested on my "test" device that isn't as modified as our two daily use devices. Also haven't uninstalled and reinstalled preware to see if I messed something up with custom feeds.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
    And to think there are technology starved kids in Africa that would be happy with a Touchpad right out of the box.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Mock all you want but anyone who thinks this thing is as good as it can be is delusional.
    yeah, my preware feeds are not loading either.
    Try contacting the authors of your favorite patches directly, instead of asking the crowd questions, to which nobody knows the answer to.

It's anybody's guess why some haven't been updated yet.

here's some plausible explanations:

(actually remember hearing that rmausser fried his laptop and is either getting it fixed or getting it replaced....he's written several performance patches)

other possibilities...

work, school, family, life, no donations for their time=lower on the priority list, tropical holiday, sick, surgery, .....you get the point that these developers do this as a hobby, in their free time.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    OR the patches may not have been updated because the process that Preware and WOSQI use to install them are changing. So installing new patches with one process and then trying to uninstall/update with another might cause issues. So we are waiting until Preware and WOSKI gets updated to the new patching process.

Bottom line, until Preware and WOSKI get their updates most if not all of the rest of the patches are on hold.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Okay I am also new to this. I read that I needed to uninstall and reinstall the patches when this thing updated. So I uninstalled increased screen sensitivity, muffle system logging (which failed to uninstall), removed download cap etc. Now I cannot find any of them to reinstall them. They are all gone. Did I do something wrong here?