Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello All,

I am so frustrated by webOS' limitations and so excited about its and the TP's expansive possibilities. Browsing on this thing makes me want to throw it across the room sometimes - and yet, quite often when I turn it on - I smile and think, "I love this thing." One of the things I love is its versatility. No matter your take on porting other OSes to the thing, I would assume that most will praise the TP for even having this capability; for me, it makes it an even more attractive device!

Sitting on two extra TPs, which were meant to be given as gifts, more and more I find myself feeling that I just cannot part with BOTH of them. I have 2 extra TPs and 2 extra HTC Views - and two people still waiting on tablet gifts from me. I am thinking only one of them will get a TP! :-)

Anyone else kept an extra one ... just in case?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    Hello All,

I am so frustrated by webOS' limitations and so excited about its and the TP's expansive possibilities. Browsing on this thing makes me want to throw it across the room sometimes - and yet, quite often when I turn it on - I smile and think, "I love this thing." One of the things I love is its versatility. No matter your take on porting other OSes to the thing, I would assume that most will praise the TP for even having this capability; for me, it makes it an even more attractive device!

Sitting on two extra TPs, which were meant to be given as gifts, more and more I find myself feeling that I just cannot part with BOTH of them. I have 2 extra TPs and 2 extra HTC Views - and two people still waiting on tablet gifts from me. I am thinking only one of them will get a TP! :-)

Anyone else kept an extra one ... just in case?
    I have one as a backup.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I used to love mine but the awful browser and keyboard have me hoping for a major update soon.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
    I used to love mine but the awful browser and keyboard have me hoping for a major update soon.
    Yeah, the browser is awful, but I certainly LOVE that keyboard -except for the lack of arrow keys. I put ICS on it this morning -after butchering the install last night - and I really like it. There are things I boot into Android for - Nook and Words w Friends- but for most other things, I boot into webOS. The versatility and open sourced webOS really have me hopeful and excited about the possibilities of the TP in the future.
    I got 2 extras just in case.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I've got one extra which I intend to use as a test for all the new patches etc (and Android). It's back at HP at the moment being fixed.

Alan
    We have 3 TP's and 2 Touchstone Chargers. Still keeping my eye out for the next good deal, so we can have a spare or 2.
    You guys are sick, but I guess you would take that as a compliment
    I have a full set as backup... TP / Case / TS

You never know...
    I've got four at our house, mine, wife's and daughter's, one for backup. I'll pickup another if I can find one on craigslist cheap enough, love these stupid things
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Yeah, the browser is awful, but I certainly LOVE that keyboard -except for the lack of arrow keys.
    So why not add some? http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html

I definitely like it better with the arrow keys.
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You guys are sick, but I guess you would take that as a compliment
    LOL, this made me laugh... mainly because of the source of the comment

Anyways, on topic, we have 3 between 2 of us.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    GuyFromNam and Touchkeeper like this.
    Yeah, the browser is awful, but I certainly LOVE that keyboard -except for the lack of arrow keys. I put ICS on it this morning -after butchering the install last night - and I really like it. There are things I boot into Android for - Nook and Words w Friends- but for most other things, I boot into webOS. The versatility and open sourced webOS really have me hopeful and excited about the possibilities of the TP in the future.
    what do you actually hate about the browser?
    I also have a backup. I had 4 at one time and wish I could have afforded to keep the other two.
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    I'm still looking for a second one at a reasonable price.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I did keep my backup.

I was supposed to sell/return the backup after I got mine from HP. After waiting an hour to buy it and liking it so much (I was impatient), I kept it and gave the one I ordered to my fiance.

He likes it, but we have no proper backups between the two of us.
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    I just bought a 32GB with the glass broken from another member on here. It still works fine, so once I get the glass fixed it'll become the main TP and my 16GB will be the backup.
    Have extra 32gb still unopened, can't decide what to do with....just hanging on for now
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickeroo View Post
    Have extra 32gb still unopened, can't decide what to do with....just hanging on for now
    You better at least use it or sell it in the near future... NIB non replaceable LiIon devices don't get better with age.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You better at least use it or sell it in the near future... NIB non replaceable LiIon devices don't get better with age.
    I have one as a backup as well. Sure came in handy when I had to send one for the speaker crack. I do turn my backup one on every so often to use it a little and make sure it is charged, so I too would recommend taking it out of the box and using it. The battery does drain a bit even when not using it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast