Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    I've got a 4G & 64GB so I figure I'm covered.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The $4 for the advanced browser from the market is worth it in my opinion.
    I wonder if there is a way to make it the default browser so when you click on the Internet icon on the load page it will load advanced browser.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    So why not add some? http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html

I definitely like it better with the arrow keys.
    I did not know about these. Will check it out! Thanks~
    I figure by the time I need (or want) a second one, the prices for used TPs will have come down on craigslist. But I do love the versatility as you say. Just put ICS on it last night.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    So why not add some? http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html

I definitely like it better with the arrow keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by dadon87 View Post
    what do you actually hate about the browser?
    Too often it does not respond when I tap on links - also there are log-in problems on some sites. For a while there, it was a BEAST trying to log into this site, in particular. The number of "problems" is small - but the frustration that comes with it is not, because I often find myself having to use another device to complete some tasks -especially logging into some sites. I have never been able to log into my Hotmail account directly, which I need to do in order to check my Junk folder, which does not show up in the TPs mail functions.

Also, I cannot create tables in yahoo games. I understand that this might not be specific to this particular browser. I have asked questions about this many times here, with one person telling me s/he can play yahoo games on their TP, but when I asked how to make that happen, I never got a reply.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by zwergholdrio View Post
    I have a full set as backup... TP / Case / TS

You never know...
    Yeah - I have 3 cases 3 TS and 2 extra TPs, all unopened. I have yet to even use the TS I bought for myself. Then went on an HTC View shopping spree when those prices dropped last month, so I have 2 of those as well. I actually bought the two TPs for my cousins. My younger cousin actually told me she did not want it. Can you imagine that? So, I thought to give it to my mother - who originally said she did not want one, either - And I found myself feeling a bit relieved, thinking "hmmmm, I think I might want to keep this for myself!" A day later, my mother texted me to say she changed her mind. So, now, I am going to send my older cousin the HTC View, although she once commented, "I do not see the point of buying a 7 inch tablet. It is just like having a big phone." Oh well Big Cousin - happy dialing, 'cus I am keeping one of these TPs for myself!

And I am VERY happy to see that I am not the only one who has done so.
    I have 2: Upstairs/Downstairs.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I got four 32GB models initially, gifted one, sold another, and wife and I use them with 1 touchstone between us (looking for a reasonable price on a new one), two HP cases, and two HP BT Keyboards. I've only ever used just one keyboard, but the onscreen keyboard has been good to me. The added functionality with 3.0.5 update is very welcome. I also pair the keyboard with my PS3.

I have been trying to get back the one I sold since the user isn't really into it, but she just wants to keep it. She got the Nook Tablet which she digs, and a new Samsung Galaxy tab as yet unopened.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    Too often it does not respond when I tap on links - also there are log-in problems on some sites. For a while there, it was a BEAST trying to log into this site, in particular. The number of "problems" is small - but the frustration that comes with it is not, because I often find myself having to use another device to complete some tasks -especially logging into some sites. I have never been able to log into my Hotmail account directly, which I need to do in order to check my Junk folder, which does not show up in the TPs mail functions.

Also, I cannot create tables in yahoo games. I understand that this might not be specific to this particular browser. I have asked questions about this many times here, with one person telling me s/he can play yahoo games on their TP, but when I asked how to make that happen, I never got a reply.
    have you ever used safari? I find it pretty awful. Tp browser is ok, but could be better. In fact every mobile browser I have used is pretty bad (used android ones too)
    Unfortunately, there are still a crap ton of websites out there that only work in IE and typically one other browser, sometimes that's Chrome sometimes that's Firefox .. sometimes still just IE. Usually I find that anything that doesn't work right on the TouchPad also doesn't work right on most other browsers as well.

We have 3 TPs here now, in addition to the Pre-, Pre+ and Pre2.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    I did not know about these. Will check it out! Thanks~
    There are more Arrow key layouts HERE.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Not that I didn't try to get a second one. I got every error message possible from the ebay sale!
    I did end up buying threee cases for it. Every one was a "great" deal that I got caught up in. It added up to an embarrassing amount of money and I don't even use them.
    You plug your phone in?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    Not that I didn't try to get a second one. I got every error message possible from the ebay sale!
    I did end up buying threee cases for it. Every one was a "great" deal that I got caught up in. It added up to an embarrassing amount of money and I don't even use them.
    Yeah unfortunately, I know that feeling. I swear, at one point I had 3 TPs, and (Black Friday deals) one Acer Iconia, one laptop, one Dell Streak, one HTC Flyer - and then FIVE HTC Views on the way. I mean really, I had lost my *&^%* mind! This coming from someone who had not even held a tablet for any significant amount of time before last August, when I convinced a Walmart store manager to sell me a TP demo model. I was jumping on great deals in anticipation of giving them to relatives - all of whom got great gifts, but did not so much as send me a greeting card. SMH!

Luckily - I was able to return the Iconia, Streak, and even the laptop (after trying sell them on Craigslist) - although it was past the return date. Thank goodness for anxious Best Buy employees who open up boxes before checking to see if an item can be returned! A co-worker bought the Flyer for about $16 more than what I paid for it and a case.

I gifted one friend and one cousin each with an HTC View and kept one for myself. This leaves me with 2 Views and 2 TPs, with two other people anticipating tablets. I swear, I still will not calculate how much money I spent on these things. I was like a Pavlovian Dog - just drooling and grabbing up any ole thing that was on sale. I know I got great deals, but when it is all added up.... OUCH!

I am going to see if I can at least sell the View - but like I said previously, I ain't parting with my last TP.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    There are more Arrow key layouts HERE.
    Ok, pics look great - the instructions look scary as *%$$%# to me, but I will give it a try!
    just got an extra one solely for the kids to use as I got tired of them always running my battery down when I finally got a chance to use it & also my settings were all messed up :-)
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12