Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnWLandfair
  1.    #1  
    First of all, I was having issues with my Touchpad. I tried to whipe it clean, but the "Device Info" program would not load.
    -So, I decided to try to remote whipe it, but the Touchpad did nothing. Just sat there
    -So, I decided to remove it from my account...which finally got it to respond, it logged off, and restarted like a charm.
    -But then the real problem started, I couldn't log into my WebOS Profile (I am positive I am typing it in correctly). But worse, I couldn't even start a NEW profile.
    -I then tried doctoring it with the latest two versions of the WebOSDoctor.
    -But, I am still in the exact same place, the doctoring didn't seem to do anything. I still cannot log into my account, nor can I start a new one.

-It is now a paperweight. Any suggestions? Anyone? I am starting to seriously lose my cool with WebOS. I have been a huge fan (of palm) since I had a Palm Pilot, but it feels like I have more issues with WebOS than I ever did with any other operating system...including Vista...Only thing is I have invested money into all those apps...So, I don't want to jump ship...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/19/2012 at 12:02 PM.
    email palm and hp regarding your account.
    Including Vista???
    Have you contacted Chat Support to see what they can do for you:
    http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb/.../43473_en.html

Perhaps they can reset something server-side.
    web chat support from hp?
  5.    #5  
    AHA! If this happens to anyone else, who thinks they are fixing things...like I thought...Just know (I feel really stupid that I didn't think of this) that if you remotely whipe your device you will be completely locked out. Which is amazingly awesome if I lost any WebOS device...but not awesome if you locked yourself out...I just had a chat with a dude on the website, and he unlocked it for me. Now all is well.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/19/2012 at 12:04 PM.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    AHA! If this happens to anyone else, who thinks they are fixing things...like I thought...Just know (I feel really stupid that I didn't think of this) that if you remotely whipe your device you will be completely locked out. Which is amazingly awesome if I lost any WebOS device...but not awesome if you locked yourself out...I just had a chat with a dude on the website, and he unlocked it for me. Now all is well.
    Not sure what the current situation is (too lazy to check), but that functionality used to be tied to a Lost Your Device button.
    I am too now the owner of a brick. I'm just not proud of it and would like some help fixing it. Here is my thread:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...s-profile.html

Please help if you can.