Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    TouchPad webOS Preware Patches Not Working After System Update - Fix

    TouchPad webOS Preware Patches Not Working After System Update - Fix - gdgt

    work for me
  2. #2  
    OR, you could just be patient and wait for the Homebrew folks to update the patches, many of which will need to be updated anyways in order to work, as the apps they are patching have been moved.
    All for One and One for All!
  3. #3  
    As per this thread:

    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...touchpads.html

    This is not an adviseable "fix". Do so at your own risk, if you feel that you must.

    I also passed this along to gdgt that this is not a recommended/endorsed fix.
    Last edited by sledge007; 01/18/2012 at 08:30 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    As per this thread:

    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...touchpads.html

    This is not an adviseable "fix". Do so at your own risk, if you feel that you must.

    I also passed this along to gdgt that this is not a recommended/endorsed fix.
    You made me a believer. I removed the 3.0.4 feed and many of the patches that were installed. I don't want to meet the Doctor now or in the future.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

    As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    W00sh likes this.
  5. #5  
    I have two patches that say: "This package can be installed as a placeholder to notify you when an update is available". However, they won't uninstall or update with the new patch; Muffle System Logging and UberCalendar HD. What is the secret to correcting this problem?
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

    As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  6. #6  
    After an auto update to 3.0.5 webos , today i try to remove first and update after Muffle System Logging with this error/ipkg Log:

    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.configurator.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.eas.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imaccountvalidator.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imap.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imlibpurple.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imyahoo.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.location.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.mmsservice.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.pop.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skype.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skypevalidator.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smsservice.service.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smtp.service.rej

    is It normal for all?

    This "error/log" only with this patch and nothing with the other 9 patch remove/update!

    Thank




    [SOLVE]

    EPR fixed me
    Last edited by mrtax; 01/19/2012 at 01:43 AM.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by old_geekster View Post
    I have two patches that say: "This package can be installed as a placeholder to notify you when an update is available". However, they won't uninstall or update with the new patch; Muffle System Logging and UberCalendar HD. What is the secret to correcting this problem?
    In Preware you need to go to Save Package list, and update. Then download the Emergency Patch Recovery. Once you reboot go back to Save Package list and install. Then search for the 2 patches that you need.
  8. R42
    R42 is offline
    R42's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #8  
    Anybody checked on Preware and now there is a patches section.
    Furthermore, there are 6xx or so patches (yeah, wow!) but all of them are in the unavaliable section.

    Did i miss something?
    Before, i could have swore there were only 40 or 28 around there number of patches.
    Are these 6xx patches going to be touchpad available anytime soon?
  9. dgcorn's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by R42 View Post
    Anybody checked on Preware and now there is a patches section.
    Furthermore, there are 6xx or so patches (yeah, wow!) but all of them are in the unavaliable section.

    Did i miss something?
    Before, i could have swore there were only 40 or 28 around there number of patches.
    Are these 6xx patches going to be touchpad available anytime soon?
    There are so many patches showing because it appears to be every patch available for all devices (not just TP specific patches). They are unavailable because they are merely placeholders for when the patches are actually released.

    Apparently, you can install the placeholder so that when the patch is released Preware will show an update available. However, if you don't remember the specific TP patches, then you are likely to install some placeholders that will never be available for TP. I am just going to wait until the patches are available.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by trowany View Post
    In Preware you need to go to Save Package list, and update. Then download the Emergency Patch Recovery. Once you reboot go back to Save Package list and install. Then search for the 2 patches that you need.
    Thank you for your help. I did everything that you said prior to posting, including attempting to install EPR, but for some reason nothing worked. So, after your suggestions, I tried it again and it worked. Now, I am back to square one with no patches at all.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

    As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    There are so many patches showing because it appears to be every patch available for all devices (not just TP specific patches). They are unavailable because they are merely placeholders for when the patches are actually released.

    Apparently, you can install the placeholder so that when the patch is released Preware will show an update available. However, if you don't remember the specific TP patches, then you are likely to install some placeholders that will never be available for TP. I am just going to wait until the patches are available.
    I agree with waiting for the supported patches. It appears they can cause problems, otherwise. I cause enough problems without more help. :-)
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

    As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  12. #12  
    Until the updates come,should I 'remove' my old patches? Or just leave them alone?
    You plug your phone in?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    Until the updates come,should I 'remove' my old patches? Or just leave them alone?
    I decided to run Emergency Patch Recovery to remove all of my patches from 3.0.4. It is a bit frustrating since it is not as smooth or fast, but it is safer. As I said in a previous post, "I don't want to see the doctor, webOS doctor that is, now or in the future". You will have to decide if you want to take the chance. I didn't.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

    As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  14. #14  
    I did install the Advanced Reset Option Patch from the 3.04 feed and have had no problems at all. Also F4 working fine as well.
  15. #15  
    are the patches gone again? Showed 600+ for a day and now back to 1.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtax View Post
    After an auto update to 3.0.5 webos , today i try to remove first and update after Muffle System Logging with this error/ipkg Log:

    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    I tried to remove that patch before I ran the OTA 3.0.5 and it failed. It still fails to leave!
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

    My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    are the patches gone again? Showed 600+ for a day and now back to 1.
    I noticed the same thing. I've been watching the patches daily and yesterday 600+ patches showed up. They were all placeholders, so I installed the ones I had under 3.0.4 so I could be notified when a 3.0.5 version was available. Now it is back to 1 patch. Wondering if I will have problems with the placeholders ?
  18. #18  
    Seems like it is taking much longer to update patches this time around. Do we need donations to help out get these updated?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    I did install the Advanced Reset Option Patch from the 3.04 feed and have had no problems at all. Also F4 working fine as well.
    I had 6 or 8 3.0.4 patches installed. They all worked fine. I just didn't want to fight a battle that I caused by being impatient. I uninstalled all of them.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

    As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  20. #20  
    Trips to the Doctor aren't really that scary when you have a great community like this one to help you along the way. Not to mention close ties to webOS Internals if something really goes haywire.

    The biggest problem I have with webOS Doctor is the amount of time it takes to complete....~1 hour... then there's the time it takes to redownload all your apps.

    Bottom line....it's a PITA, but nothing to fear.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions