Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    My headphone jack only works if I hold the wire. I need to send it for repairs or replacement, but I am worried I will get a crappy replacement. I was one of the ones who paid 700 for mine and was the first at local BestBuy to get it( I know and probably the last until the firesale). I know it wont last forever. Mine has had the cover on it from day one. no scratches, dents and no speaker cracks. I wondered if I could fix the headphone jack?
    You sure the HP case H'phone-jack aperture isn't restricting the Headphone jack plug from fully inserting/connecting in the internal socket?
    Or that the external Jack Plug itself isn't faulty.. loose wires etc?

Here's what you'd have to do access it anyway:

Installing HP TouchPad Battery - iFixit

Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/18/2012 at 08:16 AM.
    Do note. Opening the device up and doing any modification would void the warranty of the device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    You sure the HP case H'phone-jack aperture isn't restricting the Headphone jack plug from fully inserting/connecting in the internal socket?
    Or that the external Jack Plug itself isn't faulty.. loose wires etc?

Here's what you'd have to do access it anyway:

Installing HP TouchPad Battery - iFixit

"You sure the HP case H'phone-jack aperture isn't restricting the Headphone jack plug from fully inserting/connecting in the internal socket?
    Or that the external Jack Plug itself isn't faulty.. loose wires etc?"

I had that problem when I got the case. I bought an extension that has worked great.

"Do note. Opening the device up and doing any modification would void the warranty of the device. "

I am aware. Either way doesn't seem to make me feel good. I didn't get the warm and fuzzy. When I was dealing with "Brayden" the professional tech support chat guy that was worse at grammar and spelling then me. When I asked about getting a new case he told me to consult Amazon's return policy, but when I brought up the fact that if I should have amazon fix my case why isn't bestbuy fixing my tp. He would answer me. They are both made by HP.

Thanks for the advice.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I sent my TP back for repairs and it was fixed and returned very quickly. I was concerned about a refurb, but they sent mine back with my the previously installed Skinomi carbon on the back. For some reason they removed the screen protector.

After the hassles with the headphone jack on my Pre+, I went bluetooth with everything.
    I join the ranks of those concerned about sending mine in. I had the cracked speaker syndrome. Another issue I had since the beginning was the charge port was off just slightly so I had to put in at an angle. I sent it in and just got it back. Same serial number but new case. Now my charge port is lined up correctly.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I am feeling a little better.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulfe42 View Post
    I join the ranks of those concerned about sending mine in. I had the cracked speaker syndrome. Another issue I had since the beginning was the charge port was off just slightly so I had to put in at an angle. I sent it in and just got it back. Same serial number but new case. Now my charge port is lined up correctly.
    Did you guys wipe the hd? or just send it as is?
    I wiped mine as per the instructions. Just in case. When I got it back and logged into my webos account it started downloaded the apps I had put on there.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Mine was un-wipeable, thus the need to send it in. It was wiped when returned, but at least it was working correctly.
    I wouldn't be worried. Fixing the headphone jack isn't a fundamental part of the TouchPad, you should get your device back and not a refurb.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    personally I'm too worried to send mine in (cracked case by speakers). Even though I have to leave it on mute because the distorted sound is so bad and the crack....I have read too many horror stories about refurbs. Ontop of that I worked at a cell store that did handle the wireless exchanges and believe me, under no circumstances do you want a refurbed electronic (except apple imho, always had good luck with apple refurbs). Good luck mate, nope you get yours back in a working state.
    I have been hesitant to send mine is as well. My problem is that some of the touch sensors in the middle column (landscape mode) periodically stop responding for up to 30 seconds. This affects the Y key, B key, the part of the space bar in this column, etc. I have no other issues such as case cracking, bad sound, or any of the other common problems. I don't want to end up in worse shape than I am now but having to wait on sensors to respond to type something is frustrating.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I recently sent my in, it was bricked. Can't say if it was the android that was put on it or something else. Anyway, they couldn't fix it. I got a refurbished one that was in excellent condition physically. Unfortunately, it didn't charge via touchstone. So I called and they are sending me another at no charge, I have to send mine back after I receive the new one or they will charge my cc on my account. I'm almost hesitant to activate this new one, I might consider selling it.
    I sent mine back to be repaired because it would not charge on the touchstone. They fixed the problem but they took off my screen protector I did request that they not to send a refurbished unit and to send the original back if unable to fix.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Why do you worry about getting a different one back? It will be fixed, whatever the serial number is.

Me, I'm hoping they accidently send me back a 64gb one instead of my 32gb one.....