Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yes the dropdown menu on Touchvol is a life saver.
    Once you reset the audio, it works most of the time.
    Thanks to touchvol devs!!!!!!
    The "youtube trick" will work for distorted audio.
    Play a video and while it's playing then put your TP to sleep (press the power button). A few seconds later the audio will stop. Then resume TP use. Your audio will be back to normal. Repeat if later it happens again.
  3. J A
    While I'm thankful for this firesale tablet it's things like this audio bug that really have me questioning staying on webos. If not for splashtop and the email app I would strongly consider selling my TP.
    HP is able to take a hands off approach to things like this bug because they have convinced everyone that whatever we users get is a bonus and we should expect very little.
    They made a huge mistake in killing the TP but now that it's become a legacy device they will not devote resources to investigating problems such as this bug. And it will also keep talented devs from writing apps for it. Open source or not I think Webos is nothing but a hobby OS now. Anyone serious about computing on a tablet long term should look at other options.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Just to clarify things again what breaks is not pulseaudio but audiod, which somehow breaks the amplification. I uploaded a modified Pulseaudio Restarter in one thread that also restarts audiod. Maybe someone brave enough could extract the 3.0.2 audiod from the doctor and see if that one fixes it.
    Dogma likes this.
    Every time I have had the audio distortion problem "stop audiod && start audiod" worked
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    The "youtube trick" will work for distorted audio.
    Play a video and while it's playing then put your TP to sleep (press the power button). A few seconds later the audio will stop. Then resume TP use. Your audio will be back to normal. Repeat if later it happens again.
    I can confirm that this works, but not only with youtube. I tried it with Kalemsoft video player. I can also say that it is the cause of the distorted sound also. If you have music playing in the background and the TP goes to sleep, the audio will go out after 3 seconds or so. Press the power button, and it wont turn on until atleast maybe 3 presses. Once it's back on, the audio will resume with the sound distorted. Let it sleep again and power on the same way after audio is off, and the audio is ok again. If this is a repeatable cause for everyone, then shouldn't we be able to find a the bug that's causing it?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is just gone, when we get a kernel update. Which will probably be Open webOS.

CM7 and CM9 suffer the same flaw.

I fixed it today, by pausing my audio, shutting the screen off, and setting it down for about half a minute, then picking it back up, turning it on, and resuming.

Seems to be that sometimes the audio hardware goes into low power mode when it shouldn't, and doesn't come out of it when it should.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  8.    #28  
    Touchpad has sound problems in general. All my alarms stopped working had to delete them to get them working again.

It remembers the alarm time and displays the snooze/dismiss buttons but no sound. Can't be trusted.
    Rebooting is the only thing that works for me, very frustrating. So much for Beats Audio, thanks Dr. Dre!
    I thought just powering the screen down for 15 seconds fixed it, with the power button? I don't seem to have this issue as frequently as before for some reason.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I thought just powering the screen down for 15 seconds fixed it, with the power button? I don't seem to have this issue as frequently as before for some reason.

It does. No need for reboots, luna restart or audio restart softwares. Simply tap the power button to turn off the screen and do a slow count to 10...tap the power button again to restore the screen display and the distorted audio will be gone.

It would be nice to have this info in a "sticky thread" at the top of the forum since it comes up regularly that many folks are not aware of this cure.
    That is not 100% effective. It may work for you all of the time, and if so great, but it's not the only solution. For me, the pulse-audio re-starter usually works if turning the screen off doesn't. I rarely have to reboot.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/08/2012 at 02:55 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12