1. k3u
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Is there any 3rd party housing replacement for the HP TouchPad? I think Chinese markets should start mass producing them seeing as how there's so many problems with the OEM housing being cracked and it can give the user a change to change their color much like iPhone housings. Anyways, I couldn't find any 3rd party housing so I thought of suggesting one for sellers. Seeing as how iFixIt has a guide on how to repair your HP TouchPad but no housing to replace. :/
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    good idea! I would buy one immediately! Maybe they can change the HP logo for a webOS or Palm logo
    Me too. Aluminium sturdy backcover please.
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Me too. Aluminium sturdy backcover please.
    I would support this, but wouldn't that interfere with Touchstone charging? I would love to be able to have an option to replace the housing at some point, if the cracks on mine get any worse.
    Since the TP is no longer being manufactured I seriously doubt you'll ever see anyone make replacement cases for it.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    i would buy myself an aluminium replacement in a blink of an eye
    Inductive charging + metal==bad things. When I have some free time, I need to look into making a mold.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo95993 View Post
    Since the TP is no longer being manufactured I seriously doubt you'll ever see anyone make replacement cases for it.

it would probably have to be a grassroots kind of effort. like someone design a mock-up of the enclosure, then have it shipped off and built in small quantity.