Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree76Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    The world is much larger than webOSNation, and user's trends are pretty different than all you can see here.

Most of my apps' sales are from users that don't know anything about this site.
    And by this, you mean you cater to predominantly Spanish webOS users who frequent Spanish forums? Isn't that a really small group to base statistics on
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Mind sharing with us what she is so upset about?

I have yet to see 1 major issue with 3.0.5, other then individual preference... this update had some major bug fixes, brought back some features 3.0.4 took away, etc. I really am curious to hear what about the update has her so upset... I updated 2 of our TP's the day the update hit, the wife finally did hers Monday (only because I hadn't gotten around to backing up her saved feeds so I could load the 3.0.4 feed for the 1 patch she really didn't want to lose).
    Patches are gone is the biggest gripe.
    Tap Ripple is back
    Seems slower in general use (we do have it over clocked and still doesn't seem as fast)
    isn't getting same bench marks, and is about 40 points slower then before update.
    Wifi speeds seem slower (may be due to patch)
    Keyboard is laggy again, touch sensitivity sucks.
    Audio issue still there and is worse than before the update.
    and other stuff.

She didn't want to update, damn thing should ask not just do it. I know the patches will come back sooner or later, but its annoying when everything was working just fine and now its all different. My wife is pretty techy as well and with her stuff she's a fan of 'if it isn't broke don't update/patch/fix it'.. Her TP was exactly the way she wanted it, now its not and she can't change it back until everything gets re-released. Since she didn't have a chance to uninstall her patches, odd's are she'll have issues when they come back.
    If she runs EPR I would say the patches will be fine. I had no problem with either of our patched devices. Should have already ran EPR if you haven't already.

All the other issues, you are in a rare group from what I have seen. Most users I have spoke with agree 3.0.5 is leaps above 3.0.4
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I did EPR, it caused more issues than it fixed. Had to re install preware and all my patches from scratch.

Audio issues is worse in 3.0.5 vs. 3.0.4 on my wife TP.. I did a full Dr. on it and re-installed everything from scratch. I'd say 2 out of 3 times audio starts up with Distorted Speaker sounds and requires a full reboot to 'fix'. And it stops playing a lot half way though music.. Even pandora will just stop with audio, songs playing, audio is gone.

She's getting updated to Android for now since she uses it mainly for music and that hardly works since the update.
    Weird, I've run EPR a few times with no problems. With regard to audio there are some good suggestions in this thread, particularly those from filmor_
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Weird, I've run EPR a few times with no problems.
    Same here, on multiple devices. I don't even bother removing muffle system logging for OTA's
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234