1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I got a $10 promo code direct from webOS support that I need to use in one shot - good for one app, no refund, and app is > $10.01.

So, looking at:

Picsel Smart Office
    Splashtop
    Glimpse

There are a couple other RDP clients for alot less out there - do folks using Splashtop get alot more out of it than the others?

Is there a way to sort on price?

And if I do "All Apps" and "Paid" I *definitely* don't get ALL the apps showing up. Is this a deficiency in the Catalog? Or do I have to go into each category, then Paid, then look for $10 apps?

Thanks.
    Glimpse is my recommendation to get first from the ones you listed.

Can't go wrong with Glimpse
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    If you go to "new tab", it will show all the apps in release time order, where you can search from all apps.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Glimpse is my recommendation to get first from the ones you listed.

Can't go wrong with Glimpse
    I agree with Glimpse!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'd go with Splashtop due to my personal usage. It is one of the easiest clients to set up and definitely comes in handy from time to time if I'm out with my Touchpad and need to access the PC at home.

Splashtop is fast enough that I use it to watch netflix on my TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpad4760 View Post
    Hey all,

I got a $10 promo code direct from webOS support that I need to use in one shot - good for one app, no refund, and app is > $10.01.

So, looking at:

Picsel Smart Office
    Splashtop
    Glimpse

There are a couple other RDP clients for alot less out there - do folks using Splashtop get alot more out of it than the others?

Is there a way to sort on price?

And if I do "All Apps" and "Paid" I *definitely* don't get ALL the apps showing up. Is this a deficiency in the Catalog? Or do I have to go into each category, then Paid, then look for $10 apps?

Thanks.
    So, how do I get a promo code from WebOS or HP? I just downloaded Splashtop HD lastnight...cost me $10 bucks....awesome app btw...I can now watch NetFlix. So do I just ask HP or whoever for a promo code?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nollie View Post
    I'd go with Splashtop due to my personal usage. It is one of the easiest clients to set up and definitely comes in handy from time to time if I'm out with my Touchpad and need to access the PC at home.

Thanks for all the replies, folks.

For the Splashtop proponents - what does it do that the other RDP clients (for $1.49 or 2.99) can't do? Splashtop requires the host to be running a server applet of some sort, and "highly recommends" a dual-core for the host. Well, that won't be the case for me, so I'm not sure Splashtop will perform to its potential.

-C
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    If you go to "new tab", it will show all the apps in release time order, where you can search from all apps.

Yeah, I tried "All Apps" and "Paid" - thinking I'd see *all* paid apps, but it is definitely not the full list. Book, for example, don't show up - or at least not all of them.

Wish I could sort on price, too (if selecting "Paid"), from any category.

-Chris
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaltom View Post
    So, how do I get a promo code from WebOS or HP? I just downloaded Splashtop HD lastnight...cost me $10 bucks....awesome app btw...I can now watch NetFlix. So do I just ask HP or whoever for a promo code?
    If it were that simple

I got one of the App Promo Codes (limited quantity) that was in the Featured section of the Catalog before Christmas. Well, it doesn't work - gives a Application License Failure. Turns out to be HP's Catalog fault - not the dev's fault. So, they gave me this new $10 promo.

-C
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I've got all three and they're all worth their price.

Splashtop is identical to the iPad version (and works just as well).

Picsel's menus are a little awkward, but it's the best office suite choice you've got (no knock on QuickOffice -- it's good, but Picsel is just a bit better).

Glimpse may be the single best app to bring into a business meeting (take notes, keep weather, stocks, news handy, and STILL have a calculator and web browser on screen -- all at the same time).
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    glimpse, but the price is now 4.99
    splashtop, you wont regret it!
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bob363 View Post
    glimpse, but the price is now 4.99
    Saw that and paid for it at that price!

Narrows down the options for using the promo ...