Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    go to the webOS-internals how to recover page and click the link and follow the instructions for the last-ditch effort boot injection
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remolten View Post
    go to the webOS-internals how to recover page and click the link and follow the instructions for the last-ditch effort boot injection
    Thank you for your help. I checked out the page. Just to be sure, is this what you are talking about?

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

All of the instructions (boot image, tokens, mounting drives, etc) are for the Pre (the castle image, TouchPad is the topaz image). I don't think they will work. Did you get a chance to read the error log I attached from the doctor installer? There is one in post 16 and one in post 17.
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    simply extract the same file from the updated webosdoctor and use it

unfortunately i know nothing about what the logs mean

and yes that is the right thing
  4.    #24  
    Ok, it looks like that is the procedure if you can't boot into recovery mode (USB logo screen). My TouchPad will boot into recovery mode so the primary method it outlines did not work. I was able to use the alternate method to get to the command line on the TouchPad. Problem is I have been able to do that all along since it is exactly the same as the instructions given on this page (under Doctor disconnects at 8%):

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

I also followed the instructions at the bottom of that page to recreate the TouchPad's file system and still the doctor won't work.

As a last resort I repeated all of the steps while my computer is booted into Linux (not Windows 7). I'm in the middle of running the doctor now. Hopefully this works. If not I'm going to have to SRO the device.
  5.    #25  
    Ok, got the doctor to work!!! There was a few commands missing from the "Complete filesystem creation" instructions in the wiki. ( How To Recover - WebOS Internals)

You have to do the following also:

mkfs.ext3 /dev/mapper/store-var
    mkfs.ext3 /dev/mapper/store-log
    mkdir /var/log
    mkdir /var/tmp
    mkdir /var/run

(I got the tip from here: xda-developers - View Single Post - Bricked my touchpad and how I fixed it.)

Then put the device back into recovery mode, then run the doctor.

The doctor is complete and the device has booted back up to the set-up.

Ugh!! It is still not letting me sign in!
  6.    #26  
    Ok, just spoke with HP and they elevated my issue.

I also noticed that my swap partition is 112MB larger than the one on my wife's working TouchPad. Her swap partition is 400MB and mine is 512MB. Her TouchPad has not been altered. It looks like the extra space came from the media drive. Could this be causing the problem and how do I fix it if it is?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Sorry about your odyssey (?) - don't really know how to help but I keep wondering which version of the doctor you're running - is there any chance an earlier version would work to get logged into your account?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    if it won't let you login simply look up on the forums or wiki how to overide the first use file

also maybe take a shot with android I love it (cyanogenmod7 or 9)
    Last edited by Remolten; 01/21/2012 at 02:36 PM.
  9.    #29  
    Remolten,

Thanks for the tip. I used the devicetool.jar to bypass the first use screen. Then I installed impostah. I tried to activate my webOS profile on the device and it gave me an invalid serial number error. I checked my device serial number in the Device Info tab and it is missing. So now I need to know how to re-input my serial number.
  10.    #30  
    Success!!

I installed "Device Profile Service Override" on my TouchPad. Then I changed the value of the serial number value to the actual device's serial number (it was blank) in Impostah. This allowed me to log into my webOS profile in Impostah. Then I deleted the dummy profile that was on the device. The device rebooted and I was finally able to log into my webOS profile!! I selected the back-up that was 4 days old and now my TouchPad is humming along again in webOS!

Thanks Remolten for your suggestions. I would also like to thank the Homebrew folks for their excellent apps!
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    happy to help

hit the thanks button and go over to webos-internals and thank them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12