Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    I definitely bricked my HP TouchPad. But, I really would hate to have to send it in, wait for them to send me a new one, etc.

[edited by staff] .

[edited by staff: we do not auction off help at this site - post issue to get help]

I'm not an ***** with technology, so it won't be a horrible process to talk to me about my TouchPad and to have me perform several steps.

I've done just about any guide that exists to fix it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/19/2012 at 09:32 AM.
    Have you tried doctoring it yet?
    and if you describe what is happening in detail i'm sure someone will be able to help you for free.
    Last edited by hammer_420; 01/18/2012 at 07:33 PM.
    did this happen out of the blue? or did the 3.0.5 update do the TP in......

the 3.0.4 update bricked mine, that is when I met with the doctor for the first time....

been good ever since...

anyway, a little more background on the 'brickage' would go a long way with suggestions that may get you up and running...sending it to HP would be the my last resort personally, any backup inventory is probably close to depleted and/or pirated for parts and reassembled as refurbs..

laterzzz.....
    32g and playing
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabeticPerson View Post
    I definitely bricked my HP TouchPad. But, I really would hate to have to send it in, wait for them to send me a new one, etc.

[edited by staff] .

[edited by staff: we do not auction off help at this site - post issue to get help]

I'm not an ***** with technology, so it won't be a horrible process to talk to me about my TouchPad and to have me perform several steps.

I've done just about any guide that exists to fix it.

Thanks.
    You haven't really given us anything to help you with. What are the circumstances that you "bricked" your touchpad under? What is it currently doing?

I don't need your 15 dollars, I'd be willing to provide some suggestions if I knew more about what is going on with your touchpad.

Almost every single "bricking" can be solved by a few simple steps - for example, holding the power and center face button simultaneously for about a minute (or trying to hold all the buttons, power/volumes/center face button). Usually that'll be enough to get it to at least start booting, at which point if it is still "bricked" you can attempt to webos doctor it (as it begins to boot, hold volume-up until it shows a USB symbol, then grab webOS doctor, run it, and plug the touchpad into the computer when it asks you to).

Anyway, talk to us, lets hear what happened and lets get you through this.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/19/2012 at 09:33 AM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Would really love it if you post the problem and how it got there. This way if it does get resolved here, others that hit the forums could benefit from the resolution.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Would really love it if you post the problem and how it got there. This way if it does get resolved here, others that hit the forums could benefit from the resolution.
    Agreed would really like this to be posted here. Also you will save yourself $15, I would guarantee with 95% of issues you are describing, and forum member will be able to assist you for free.

As was said this also benefits the community as a whole. It is quite rare that a device cannot be fixed by the talented members of this community when folks are willing to listen to instruction and real world experience.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Not sure if you've checked out these posts?
    dead touchpad?

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...respond-2.html

Quite a few people had a bricked touchpad as well and managed to bring them back to life following some suggestions in these posts. Worth a try if you haven't read these yet.
    it's pretty close to impossible to "brick" a webOS device. In order to get assistance, the OP needs to reply with specifics such as:

1. What defines "brick"?
    2. What steps led to that state? Did he try to install linux or android? Or just forget to charge the battery?
    3 is the battery charged? How do you know?
    4. What specific things have you tried (nd guides?) to solve the problem? Did he use the volume key to put it in recovery mode? Did he run the doctor? What happened?

that's how we roll here, and the friendly members here will help quickly once we have a dialog with the OP going here in the forums.
    Where did the OP go?

Maybe he got it fixed on his own with his PM offer...would be nice to know anyway...

laterzzzzz......
    32g and playing
    OP... Please simply post the description for the issues with your TouchPad here in the thread, or we will go ahead and close this thread up.

These forums are here for people to come and give and receive help with their webOS devices for free. Bounties are unnecessary. Everyone benefits from the help received here as others may learn how to fix something if they encounter the same issue in the future.

Thank you!
    Well than. He must have fixed it.
    Check the IP of the OP, does it resolve to somewhere in Nigeria?

I wonder if he requires your bank routing number to electronically deposit said $15?
    No it's mid-west. If no response today we'll close it. We have a lot of willing members to help with device issues. There's never a reason to offer $ to get help here.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.