1.    #1  
    I have tried a few of the ways to transfer pics directly from a camera or card reader to the Touchpad without the use of a PC - - - with noo success.

In my continuing search of a way to do this and before I spend any more money on cables or other 'solutions' that won't work...., my next idea is to try the Ipad card reader. Apple sells an SD card reader that allows users to plug directly into the Ipad. I have been searching Google, bvut have been unable to find any type of connection that would take the Apple IPad connection to a USB / Micro USB in the hopes of plugging that directly into the Touchpad.

If any one is willing to give this a go - - I would love to hear the results. As I said, I would try it, but I do not have an IPad Camera Card Reader and at this point do not want to sink money into any more cables that will just cause more frustration for me.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT - - I should mention this cable from CableJive - -

http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockBossplus.html

As for Jdod's Wireless note - - - if there is no network around, which would be the case many times when I would like to transfer / view pics, then I would be SOL. I need a wired solution without the PC

Thanks again
    Last edited by diamond_dave; 01/17/2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Go wireless:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...filezilla.html

Works with the Touchpad also, you have to use some slightly differently names tools, but works great.

You will also need the app No-Doze to keep the TP awake and get the current IP address.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Something wrong with the previous thread you started?

HP Touchpad - Newbie with questions on how to import pictures from camera or SD Card
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  4.    #4  
    No..., it was just a new idea. thanks for the contribution
    I've started just using my iPhone for snapping pics. Most highend phones are pushing over 8megapixels now and I have a feeling they will soon matching some quality point and shoot. I can wirelessly transfer all my phone pics to any pc, mac, phone, tablet, etc... that can utilize an app called 'Transfer'.

Maybe those high quality Canon's, Ricoh's or whatever will soon have wifi capabilities to transfer pics wirelessly.
    Last edited by Mac.World; 01/17/2012 at 10:02 PM.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad