Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nollie
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    What causes the default browser to refresh on a handful of websites? When it refreshes, you'll see a refreshed animated icon on the middle of the page and it will either freeze the browser or you loose what ever you are doing before it refreshes.

I've disabled flash and installed ad-block but it continues to refresh. This only happens with the default browser. I have no problem with advanced browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadph View Post
    What causes the default browser to refresh on a handful of websites? When it refreshes, you'll see a refreshed animated icon on the middle of the page and it will either freeze the browser or you loose what ever you are doing before it refreshes.

I've disabled flash and installed ad-block but it continues to refresh. This only happens with the default browser. I have no problem with advanced browser.
    May be Flash implementation in Browser. I can't play Flash videos in the browser. Don't know about the advanced browser.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    the default browser never refreshed on youtube.com and cnn.com. and i can play all 360p, 480p, and 720p, in either browser and full screen mode.

thing is, i can not disable flash in the default browser option. when i disable the flash option, it enables itself after restarting the browser.
    This happens to me on espn3. A tad annoying when I'm tryinng to watch the aussie open!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Some sites auto refresh (like for updating scores) others have ads that constantly change. If ad-blocker hasn't fixed it for you, try another (like max blocker).

I have had problem sites and what I did was stopped the page loading (click the little x) when the part I needed loaded. It seems like the main content usually loads before the ads or auto-refreshing junk. I won't guarantee that this is always the case, but it is worth a try.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    it does the same thing for me across IGN.com's slew of domains, some articles have their video players, some don't. Running adblocker.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I've experienced this once or twice since updating, and occasionally had this problem before the update. As far as I can tell this could be a Flash issue, as when the issue does occur a web page will load, then as soon as the flash content tried to load up, the browser refreshes over and over. I had this problem with both stock and Advanced Browser.

I'd say I am hoping for an update to Flash player, but know that won't likely happen at all with the position the Touchpad is in at the moment, and Adobe's stance to wane mobile devices off Flash in the future.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    gypsyritsa likes this.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    with advanced browser, I set the flash content not to autoload. so it never happens to me in advanced browser. we have no option in the default browser. now just have to wait for a proper patch to make advanced browser the default browser.
    I've had this problem multiple times since 3.0.5, while I had it rarely with the patches in 3.0.4 (maxblocker). I did have this issue consistently while using my university's blackboard website (still happens), logging me out, which is a huge pain. Other than some issues like this, the browser does seem pretty solid.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by h2o826 View Post
    it does the same thing for me across IGN.com's slew of domains, some articles have their video players, some don't. Running adblocker.
    Ah! Exactly what I was wondering about just now reading stuff on IGN after updating to 3.0.5. I have uninstaller the blocker. Hope that patch still works.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    happens when I try to check my yahoo email using stock browser. It is very annoying and seems to happen at least once every time I go there.
    sites with disqus commenting always give me problems like gothamist
    I'm seeing this a lot now. It's getting old fast. I suspect that one of the browser patches was stopping it on 3.0.4 but none are released for 3.0.5.

I really like WebOS but I am becoming tired of one problem being traded for another with each release. This isn't an alpha release is it? Are we sure?

Edit: I installed to 3.0.4 Adblocker and it stopped. I know, I could have destroyed the universe as we know it ...
    Last edited by Awats; 01/22/2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'm a bit busy right now, but sometime in the next few days, I'm going to try to import my hosts file from android. Adaway has the ability to import multiple adblock sources. So if anyone cares to give it a go.

If this happens while flash tries to load, the adblocker will not stop the refresh from happening. The only option is not let flash media auto loading/play.

Rant: what annoys me the most is when i'm connected to a hotspot the requires the browser to be open. as another member states in the previous post, it will log me out and will have to re-enter the authentication. there needs to be a definite fix for this
    Last edited by nomadph; 01/22/2012 at 01:42 AM. Reason: added rant
    'Edit: I installed to 3.0.4 Adblocker and it stopped. I know, I could have destroyed the universe as we know it ...'

you and me, LOL....you must be a poker player...

Laterrzzzzzz......
    32g and playing
    Oh, I totally expect the refresh problem to come back. I'm sure my TP hasn't given up it's drive towards mediocrity.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    this is really annoying when i have 4-5 websites open then they all decide to refresh. i'm wondering if it has something to do with adobe flash or something.
    Fr some reason, this likes to happen a lot while using blackboard, logging me out. Maybe be an unrelated cause, but an irritating refresh nonetheless.
    I've found that closing email (completely closing it, using JSTop to kill the background process as well) stops this constant refresh behaviour after it has started.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)