Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I know Android steals about 7 GB where did the rest go. I attempted to partition for Ubuntu manually and it got screwed up had to doctor. The media/ext3fs isn't there. What do I do??? I don't think I ever got it working though.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

You're going to want to look at the "How to remove the ext3fs partition" part and probably need to take the manual route. Linux is 90% of what makes the TP awesome I think but there can be a bit of a leaning curve
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    You can also use an app in Preware, Tailor (or probably Tailah or something like that, keeping the theme with Govnah, Xecutah, etc.) that can manage partitions. It should be able to show you what's up.

I haen't tried it in a while though, but I was under the impression that Android only uses 2GB.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    When I installed android it used 6.7ish gigs. The problem is I only was making a 4 gig partition but it stole 7-8 gigs???
    I also think the android partition it's about 1-2 gigs
    Hi,

I dont have android installed, but I miss 5GB on my TP, it shows 27GB from 32GB. What can I do to get back 5GB.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_5 View Post
    Hi,

I dont have android installed, but I miss 5GB on my TP, it shows 27GB from 32GB. What can I do to get back 5GB.

Thanks
    That is how much WebOS itself takes up on the TouchPad.
    Not to mention that by writing 32 gb, they mean 320 billion bytes, that is effectively 29,8 gb
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    That is how much WebOS itself takes up on the TouchPad.
    Agreed that sounds like right around factory install.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...