1.    #1  
    how is the battery life with the new kernel?
    I'm guessing not too good as it seems to use a lot of hp, it goes to 100% on cpu1 just be touching the screen. And if I'm just playing music and nothing else it idles at 918 mhz ,seems pretty high for just music.
    oh and also anyone else have any stability issues? Within 1 hour my TP froze on me where as the old kernel never froze once

edit never mind I went back to stock kernel and its using just as much power...must be a 3.0.5 thing. I still think the last uberkernel was more stable though

edit2 well my TP has not froze up since that one time ,so maybe it was some random fluke. At least that's what I hope only time will tell
    Last edited by hammer_420; 01/16/2012 at 09:08 AM.
    I'm running UK @ 1.8 and it seems more stable at that speed than I've experienced before. 25% power drop after 3 hours of pretty much constant use doesn't seem all that unusual. I've not experienced any lockups here.
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer_420 View Post
    how is the battery life with the new kernel?
    I'm guessing not too good as it seems to use a lot of hp, it goes to 100% on cpu1 just be touching the screen. And if I'm just playing music and nothing else it idles at 918 mhz ,seems pretty high for just music.
    oh and also anyone else have any stability issues? Within 1 hour my TP froze on me where as the old kernel never froze once

edit never mind I went back to stock kernel and its using just as much power...must be a 3.0.5 thing. I still think the last uberkernel was more stable though
    My TP has 3.05 running since it came out and UeberKernel at 1.5 (ondemand).

I don't have problems with stability or battery life. No freezing at all. I use only a handful of basic patches (the usual logging and other speed stuff).
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I'm running UK @ 1.8 and it seems more stable at that speed than I've experienced before. 25% power drop after 3 hours of pretty much constant use doesn't seem all that unusual. I've not experienced any lockups here.
    its kind of hard to say its more stable when its only been out for 1 day
    but as for power drain seems fine after some testing but as I said I had a system freeze within 1 hour of updating to the 1.8 UK . While I had used the 1.7 UK since it was available as a beta and not 1 freeze up
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer_420 View Post
    its kind of hard to say its more stable when its only been out for 1 day
    but as for power drain seems fine after some testing but as I said I had a system freeze within 1 hour of updating to the 1.8 UK . While I had used the 1.7 UK since it was available as a beta and not 1 freeze up
    I agree that it is a bit early to be talking stability, but it is running great at 1.836GHz. It is running at 30C. This is amazing to me. I figured it would be too hot to continue at that speed. I guess time will be the judge.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    I use the F4 kernel and it would freeze on me whenever I played to many YouTube videos back to back. This was only when it was set to 1.836. At 1.728 I have never had a freeze up. So maybe it's a speed thing?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    My device freezes when I use a 1.836 ghz for some reason???
    Because it is run out of the specifications! So don't do it.. 1.5 should be enough I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_doe View Post
    Because it is run out of the specifications! So don't do it.. 1.5 should be enough I think.
    As I said in my previous post, it is early to talk stability. However, running from specs or not, it appears to be working great and running cool. I have been an overclocker for years and this is the criterion that I use for a safe setup.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    1.836 with F4 here...

bumped the mv to 1462.5 on the 1.836 from default 1450mv, I don't know if Uber has the voltage adjustment option like the F4....

before I did the small mv bump, I would get occassional weird behavior @1.836....

1.5 is rated cpu speed anyway, 1.7 is pretty much a slam dunk, 1.8 you may have to play with the volts a tiny smidgen...YMMV

I have it set up 'performance', 756mhz min cpu, 1.836 max cpu, volts tickled as mentioned....works for me...

laterzzzz......
    32g and playing
  11.    #11  
    well for now I'm gonna have to give the uberkernel thumbs down on stability.
    with uberkernel installed, flash videos would freeze while the audio still played. The only way to fix this was to revert back to the stock palm kernel