1.    #1  
    I had hoped 3.0.5 would fix the flaky sound that I had with 3.0.4 even though it was jot consistent. Tonight I was amazon prime and I paused and cam back to a video. The sound became static-y. Reboot fixed it. Anyone else still having sound issues with 3.0.5?
    I'm in the same boat as you. I was really hoping HP was going to take care of the sound issue with 3.0.5 and was shocked when the issue came up again the other night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a fix in 3.0.6.
  3.    #3  
    so far the sound became tinny/static-y once after 3.0.5. When I was on 3.0.4 at some point it simply stopped being a problem of its accord. Maybe the same will happen with 3.0.5?
    Happening to me as well.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    same issue here
    I got it for the first time yesterday after I let the 3.0.5 update settle in since release day. It seems to happen once the TP hibernates. I also think it's related to Flash and Flash video...

I am not sure though because somedays I can watch a video and have no probs but somedays its 3-4 times/day. It has been a while though since it's appeared. The randomness of it is the frustrating part. It would be helpful if we all could try and narrow down if there is a common trigger. That would be helpful information for the developers to tackle this gremlin.
    No problems any more, I`m happy with 3.0.5 - sound seems to be fixed to me.

I doctored after OTA to get a clean install after playing around very much the last months...

Marco

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I didn't have the problem until 3.0.5. At this point, it is terrible.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    I had hoped 3.0.5 would fix the flaky sound that I had with 3.0.4 even though it was jot consistent. Tonight I was amazon prime and I paused and cam back to a video. The sound became static-y. Reboot fixed it. Anyone else still having sound issues with 3.0.5?
    I too have experienced the sound issue still present since the 305 upgrade, so it doesn't appear to have included a fix.

However, you can usually fix it yourself w/o having to restart. If you install the TouchVol preware app, it's options menu has a "Restart PulseAudio" feature. About 90% of the time that is the quick fix to restore the audio to normal when it flakes out. The few times it won't solve it, a restart does have to be done to cure it.