View Poll Results: Has the case on your TouchPad cracked?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 45.00%
  • No

11 55.00%
  • I don't own a TouchPad

0 0%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EndOfLevelBoss
  • 1 Post By olebl
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Unfortunately the case of my white TouchPad has cracked near the speakers. I can't believe it as I've been extra careful. Why does this occur? Is it just an issue with build quality?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not it's possible to get the white TouchPads repaired? I can't seem to find anything on the HP Australia website.

Many thanks in advance.

Stu :-)
    Someone in another thread mentioned having a white one fixed. If I were you I'd give HP a call.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    stuartguthrie likes this.
    Mine has cracked too, four large cracks that are migrating down the back side. Bought it on eBay from Sarrasota Computer Tech, waiting for them to find a solution, as I live in an unsupported country.
    stuartguthrie likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    Mine has cracked too, four large cracks that are migrating down the back side. Bought it on eBay from Sarrasota Computer Tech, waiting for them to find a solution, as I live in an unsupported country.
    Four? Gosh! I thought one was bad. Do you have a white one? I got mine off eBay too (but from a different seller) so I'd be very keen hearing what options are available.

Stu :-)
    I sent my white touchpad in. They did fix it. About a week after getting it back, it cracked again in 4 areas. 2 cracks by the speakers and 2 cracks down the back. This was about 3 months ago (end of October). I have not called them them back. It bugs me more than anything. I bought mine off Ebay as well. If I knew for sure that I would get my touchpad back (which I think I did the first time) I would send it in. I just don't want to end up with something that is worse (screen wise or problem wise). If anyone has insight on a way to guarantee you get your own unit back,please let me know.
    Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts
    Why is "I don't own a touchpad" even an option in this poll? You either have cracks or you do not. I don't see the point in that option.
    My white 64gb has had a small crack by the right speaker for over a month now, but this morning, I just noticed another small crack about an inch to the right of the left speaker. After the first crack, I was afraid to send it in for repair, because I figured if they had any cases left, they'd be black. I chose to keep the white case with the small crack. The second crack gives me second thoughts.

Even if HP can replace the white case, it sounds like it's a common problem. While they may have made enough black cases to do more than one run, correcting the design flaw, there were so few white cases that they probably all have the defect.