1.    #1  
    There is problem with Just Type after updating to 3.0.5. Using Just Type from the home page on your TP uses your default search engine as expected. However, using Just Type when you are already on the web does not use your default search engine. Instead, it will use what you have selected under the Search Using section of Just Type (go to Settings, tap on the Just Type Icon and look under Search Using to see what you have turned on).

This means that if you have a SSL search engine set-up as your default search engine, Just Type will not use that anymore when you are on the web. It also means you may get something really weird for searches if you don't go into Search Using and uncheck anything you don't want. (For example, my seaches started using Wikipedia by default until I unchecked that under the Search Using section of Just Type.)
    I was wondering about that. Did you try to "reinstall" using SSL..I remember clicking a link to do it initially (don't think it was a patch)...even after the last OTA update it was still my default for just type, so I wonder if using that link again would clear it up.
    I took another look.....seems there needs to be a way to re-add google SSL as a search engine, as it only appears as an option for the default........hmmmm.....
  4.    #4  
    Just Type is defaulting to the Search Using choices instead of the Default Search Engine choices so I don't know how reinstalling will help...
    Just type behave oddly for me now. It used to be that if I typed a search string and hit the enter key it did a google search by default. Now the enter key does nothing and I have to manually select google search from the list every time. I kind find a setting to default it either. Hmmm...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I also found that now typing in Just Type and hitting enter doesn't start a search. Kind of annoying when using a BT keyboard in particular as you have to go from keyboard to the screen.

Okay so it's not just me. Not the end of the world but an annoying little bug nonetheless. Still I'm really glad they added the automatic full stop with double tap of the space bar. That's probably the one iOS feature I missed most on the TouchPad as I'm so used to having it.

Quote Originally Posted by EndOfLevelBoss View Post
    Just type behave oddly for me now. It used to be that if I typed a search string and hit the enter key it did a google search by default. Now the enter key does nothing and I have to manually select google search from the list every time. I kind find a setting to default it either. Hmmm...

same thing was happening for me ,but I noticed that if I went into just type settings and turned applications on it went back to normal.
    I have the Wikipedia issue along with just type not going through my web history. Sometimes links won't click online anymore either.
    removing google and re-adding solved my issue. I was also having all my searches defaulting to Wikipedia at first.
  11.    #11  
    It's not a problem to get Google--all you have to do is uncheck Wikipedia or any other odd thing you have selected under Search Using and make sure Google is selected.

It is a problem to get a search engine other than Google that you have added as the default search engine. I have deleted, reinstalled, restarted, etc. And the problem persists--my default search engine (DuckDuckGo) only works from the Just Type bar on the home page. Once I am on the web, when I use Just Type, I get Google (I have turned off Wikipedia and Twitter under Search Using) instead of my default search engine.
    Does anyone know where they are hiding the list of default web search engines?

I will keep looking.
    You can use Impostah to aid in your search.

I thought I had identified it a while ago but it turns out not to be the right location. IF you do find it, let me know and I can create a patch/app to set things.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.