1.    #1  
    My touchpad glass/touch digitizer has shattered, and I was wondering if I can buy just the touch/glass screen anywhere? I really don't want to buy a whole touchpad again, because all my info is on it.

I don't need the lcd, just the glass. For now I'm stuck with this Vizio thing, I miss my tp! The LCD works, and is mocking me with an uninteractive passcode screen.

Thanks!
    someone reported finding one on ebay a while back. I'd try HP service and ebay.
    Unfortunately, I also just cracked my screen and ordered from this same ebay seller noted by Mutoidi on Friday (coincidental timing to this thread!). I will let you know how it goes, but so far seems legit. I made the purchase in the morning and by afternoon it had shipped, and they also quickly answered a question I had to confirm that it would be OEM and also not a second.
    quick update ^^^

Digitizer arrived today from the seller, looks new OEM. We will, see. I just need to work up the courage to open the touchpad and replace the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffyWho View Post
    quick update ^^^

Digitizer arrived today from the seller, looks new OEM. We will, see. I just need to work up the courage to open the touchpad and replace the screen.
    So did you do it yet? I just replaced a broken screen last night. It was harder than I expected, but doable.

The 2 biggest problems I had were getting the thing open without breaking the little plastic clips that hold it together(I did break a clip!), and separating the digitizer glass from the plastic panel it is mounted on - the adhesive on the panel does a really good job of holding the glass on securely, and I had to heat it with a blow dryer in order to separate the two, prying them apart inch by inch...
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    So did you do it yet? I just replaced a broken screen last night. It was harder than I expected, but doable.

The 2 biggest problems I had were getting the thing open without breaking the little plastic clips that hold it together(I did break a clip!), and separating the digitizer glass from the plastic panel it is mounted on - the adhesive on the panel does a really good job of holding the glass on securely, and I had to heat it with a blow dryer in order to separate the two, prying them apart inch by inch...
    No ....

The screen on my touchpad did not shatter, rather it has a crack in the lower right corner. The digitizer seems to be unaffected and the crack is not really in my line of sight while using the touchpad, so for now I have decided not to change the screen. My thinking is that since I have a working touchpad I will leave well enough alone.

Thanks for letting me know your experience, I have the digitizer and will keep it handy because at some point, my butter fingers will get the best of me, and i WILL need to change it.