Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fsx100
  1.    #1  
    I think I discovered an "easy" way to "delay" having the 3.05 update install itself "automatically".

Just TURN THE TOUCHPAD OFF overight, (or) when charging.

The @$#@ thing downloaded itself automatically, and gave me the "Update Now" option.

I hit LATER, and because I wasnt sure about some patches working with 3.05, I removed them in Preware, and rebooted.

When the TP came up again, the "notification" was gone. So I used it for the next few HOURS, with no issues.

The MINUTE I put the TP into the Touchstone, the notification popped up.

So I figure, its programmed ONLY to install when the TP is charging (ie, not on battery).

So it follows that if I turn the TP off overnight, while charging, and then use it on battery most of the day, the update wont install, till *I* (and my fave patches) are ready for the update.

Thoughts?
    limoman likes this.
    just install it...I did with alot of patches running and had no problems.....3.0.5 is a good build...
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    I think I discovered an "easy" way to "delay" having the 3.05 update install itself "automatically".

The @$#@ thing downloaded itself automatically, and gave me the "Update Now" option.

I hit LATER, and because I wasnt sure about some patches working with 3.05, I removed them in Preware, and rebooted.

When the TP came up again, the "notification" was gone. So I used it for the next few HOURS, with no issues.

So I figure, its programmed ONLY to install when the TP is charging (ie, not on battery).

So it follows that if I turn the TP off overnight, while charging, and then use it on battery most of the day, the update wont install, till *I* (and my fave patches) are ready for the update.

Thoughts?
    You can also change your wifi sleep policy to never on while sleeping.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    It forces you to wait until you have 30% battery. So you could always stay under 30% battery if you were really desperate to hold out.
    I just updated, then once I saw a patch screwed up, specifically the remove launcher arrow patch, removed all of them. I can live without the patches for a week or however long we have to wait. Certainly not ideal, but those of us that have been here for awhile are quite used to waiting.

Translations:

In a few days = maybe next month

In the coming months = undetermined extended length of time (usually under a year)

At any rate, once they come back, it makes you appreciate them that much more
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post

Thoughts?
    Don't boot webOS.
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    I did the update last night. I did remove all patches and uberKernal. After the update it seems faster and I put UK back on and it's good. Govnah never moved but had to start up the profile again. I can wait for patches since there's only 2 right now.

My Star Trek Future HD theme once reinstalled works great. [not a lot of changes are in that theme.] I still had to manually load the background.
    Anyway, I am happy to see O_S moving forward and can't wait to see a better browser.

Ken

BTW, does it really go ahead with the update if you don't hit 'update now' but do set it on the charger?
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  8.    #8  
    Ok. Looks like HP listened, from 3.04.

Put the TP in the Touchstone this morning, and IMMEDIATELY the "Do you want to install update" notification.

Hit LATER, and so far, its not tried to ask/install the update again.