Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #41  
    I'd like to take a moment to address as much concern as possible that was brought up in this thread.

    1. Mettalic Sound bug - Still there
    2. Wifi dropouts - Still there
    3. Slow games need to be carded - Still there
    I'll look into these issues and ensure our engineering team are aware of them if in fact they turn out to be bugs. I know for the sound issue it was attempted to be fixed, but from the takes of it from ppl still experiencing it that it wasn't completly done, although I could be mistaken and it didn't have time to make it into this update.

    The Wifi issue is always a tough fix. You may feel like this is an easy fix, but there are many people who don't have this issue. I carry a TouchPad around with me daily and on one day in particular a week it will connect to 5 different networks, it auto connects to all of these and stays connected the whole time I'm in range of that network without any problems. So just because you are experiencing an issue doesn't mean the masses are. Again HP attempts to address the issue as best as possible, but we attempt to do so without breaking it for everyone else.

    Slow games that need to be carded. Again an issue I haven't personally experienced. Since you mentioned two games in particular that you are having the issue with I will attempt to reproduce the issue with these and if I can then I'll contact our engineering group and provide them with an update.

    Also, If it is not perfect I have right to complain to bring to notice the current issues that is affecting our devices.
    I think this thread gives us an opportunity to realize that many people use this device and many people have different expectations of what it can and can not do. What is perfect for one person may not be perfect for the next. There are constructive ways to provide feedback on a product and there are non-constructive, one way is going to be successful while another way is going to fail. With that I'd like to remind everyone that if there is something that needs to be reported to HP, although webOS nation may be your home, there are proper channels that HP has in place to address those concerns.
    Hp webOS forums - Support Community - Support Community
    Chat support - http://www.hpwebos.com/chat
    Telephone support - Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - HP webOS Butler Service

    Although I attempt to catch things mentioned on threads here I can't possibly read every thread here. Our engineering team is not going to review these threads, I mean we want them spending their time on the product don't we? I know there are several members of HP that watch webOS nation and read through threads, but it's important to know that every single one of them have other responsibilities it's no ones "job" to try to get information about the product from this avenue of support.

    well according to a lot of people one hp's competitors is. Perfect!
    I assure you it's not perfect. If it was perfect there would be no updates, nor would there be a support staff to support the product.

    @sledge007
    The thing is, it's so easy for companies to keep in touch with their customers nowadays. No need for a formal press release - all it would take is a tweet from a team leader (screened by legal first, of course), and we would be able to have a much better sense of what is happening and wouldn't be so dissatisfied.
    It's not easy to do this at all. Let's say for example we decide to let the public know we are working on bug X. The person working on the bug drafts up a communication, it goes to his manager, who then works with public relations and the legal department to make it "public friendly." They finish up, send it back to the manager who looks over it ad sends it down to the employee who drafts it. Great! Wait it doesn't quite say the same anymore and lost meaning in some of it (remember out legal department and public relations are not necessarily technical people), so the employee tweaks it again, sends it to his manager, who sends it to legal....

    We just took a quick communication to the public turn into half a day of work for five employees who's time can be better spent. I know and I have said many times before people want to know what's going on behind the closed curtain, but it's just not feasible. Let's take the TouchPad out of the question, let's take HP out of the question. Let's look at the bigger picture. Companies do not release anything to the public because of the way business is. This is a cut throat world. Do you think for one second that if a company would release said information that every other competitor would be all over that in some fashion. I want to ensure that HP continually provides as much information to the general public that is possible, it might not always be what we want to know and we might always want to know more, but sometimes we just can't say anything beyond what has already been said.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  2. Mattspierce's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #42  
    One of my big issues with webOS is that the EAS client lacks certificate preauth to the reverse proxy. This breaks enterprise support for my organization. I've verified that the client can connect and sync to the sever internally. The reverse proxy rejects the connection because a client cert is not presented. IOS and certain android mail clients(Moxier/Touchdown) support cert auth. Not webOS. I keep hoping you folks get around to fixing this.. It is frustrating as I can load in my client cert and root chain. It just doesn't get used.

    here is a thread on HP support forums about the issue.
    Exchange Setup Not Connecting - Support Community
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattspierce View Post
    One of my big issues with webOS is that the EAS client lacks certificate preauth to the reverse proxy. This breaks enterprise support for my organization. I've verified that the client can connect and sync to the sever internally. The reverse proxy rejects the connection because a client cert is not presented. IOS and certain android mail clients(Moxier/Touchdown) support cert auth. Not webOS. I keep hoping you folks get around to fixing this.. It is frustrating as I can load in my client cert and root chain. It just doesn't get used.

    here is a thread on HP support forums about the issue.
    Exchange Setup Not Connecting - Support Community
    Does your Exchange server allow OWA? (Outlook Web Access) I had the same issue here at our company but found that if I first logged in using OWA, then immediately attempted to configure the EAS client, it succeeded. Evidently using OWA through the browser somehow "cached" the info necessary for EAS to succeed. I only had to do this once.
    I hope this will work for you as well.

    Joe
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    1. Metallic [aka. underwater] sound bug - Still there
    2. Wifi dropouts - Still there
    3. Slow games need to be carded - Still there
    I have not experienced the WiFi dropouts so I assume this only occurs in "automatic" mode which I do not use. I will say to HP's credit that the WiFi performance of the TP seems to be much better than the iPad 2. My wife and I sit next to each other both camped on the same network. She gets one bar and slow data while I'm show a fat signal and zippy response. It is the one thing that makes me happy to have the TP over the iPad. At the end of the day, network connectivity is the most important feature.

    The Metallic sound bug happens to me regularly. Thankfully, I found the "PulseAudio Restarter" app in Preware which fixes the sound in one click and avoids the painfully slow reboot. IMHO, if HP could not fix the sound bug in 3.0.5 then they should have included a setting or app like PulseAudio because rebooting the TP takes forever and a day.

    Slow apps that improve after carding happens to me every day as well. I've been playing the Bug Village game from Glu. After advancing to higher levels in the game (maybe around level 10), the start-up bug occurs every time I launch the game. I have to repeatedly card it (about 3-4 times) before it becomes playable. I inadvertently discovered that carding the app improves the performance. Prior to that revelation, I had to reboot the TP to work around that bug.

    Perhaps related to the "slow app bug" is another I've found where some apps (games) will not even launch. Even if I have 0 cards open, the TP will silently fail to launch a game no matter how many times I select it from the launcher. I have not found a work-around for this bug yet. I suspect it's related to the same root cause as the "slow app bug" but in this case there is nothing for me to card. It seems like some resource(s) is not properly freed up when switching in/out of 3D games. It probably is related to the GPU. I think I need a "Pulse GPU Restarter" app. After rebooting or waiting a long time, the "failure to launch" bug seems to correct itself.

    I'd guess there is a GPU resource contention issue that is at the root of the "slow app" and "failure to launch" bugs. Repeatedly carding an app, seems to help free something up.
  5. #45  
    Guys with the the scratching sound in 3.0.5

    Is Impostah installed? I had after installing (and some Add-on or so) scratching sound also... uninstalled both and everything is fine again for me.

    Maybe it helps...
  6. #46  
    Again, the scratchy sound problem is with the base OS. Totally stock devices exhibit the issue with no hombrew software installs whatsoever.
  7. #47  
    the metalic sound issue just started again today, sucks ! HP fix it !
  8. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
       #48  
    I contacted HP chat support and they want me to send screenshots for everything. Including a bug that makes my contacts send IM's through synergy with an email address as their display name and showing it as an offline message. Really HP, I am going to take a screenshot of my private messages for u??
  9. #49  
    I've started having the wifi problem after the latest update. I usually don't take the tablet out of the house and it was always 'on' for me as far as wifi goes. Lately, it looks like it is on (icon for wifi looks good, says it is connected) but won't do anything internet related. Turn the tablet off, back on and then it shows it is trying to connect and will stay like that about 5 minutes before it seems to connect. I don't think it's my connection as all other devices in the house are able to connect and stay connected. I don't understand where to go to change this from automatic to manual as someone suggested that might be a problem? The sound issue, I am having also, but I know I have to restart the thing and it will be better. The wifi is really driving me mad though, I can't use it to listen to iplayer because it keeps going off/on and I can't get any listen to anything longer than five minutes before it disconnects. If anyone can help with that matter, it will be great. Thanks.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    I contacted HP chat support and they want me to send screenshots for everything. Including a bug that makes my contacts send IM's through synergy with an email address as their display name and showing it as an offline message. Really HP, I am going to take a screenshot of my private messages for u??
    If the bug is that easy to reproduce (which I have not been able to do) then it would be relatively easy for you to reproduce the issue and take a screenshot of it so that we can see exactly what you are talking about and work with our engineering group. So yes we really want you to take a screenshot.

    It's your choice from this point whether you help us identify the issue and isolate it, or not.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzylemon View Post
    I've started having the wifi problem after the latest update. I usually don't take the tablet out of the house and it was always 'on' for me as far as wifi goes. Lately, it looks like it is on (icon for wifi looks good, says it is connected) but won't do anything internet related. Turn the tablet off, back on and then it shows it is trying to connect and will stay like that about 5 minutes before it seems to connect. I don't think it's my connection as all other devices in the house are able to connect and stay connected. I don't understand where to go to change this from automatic to manual as someone suggested that might be a problem? The sound issue, I am having also, but I know I have to restart the thing and it will be better. The wifi is really driving me mad though, I can't use it to listen to iplayer because it keeps going off/on and I can't get any listen to anything longer than five minutes before it disconnects. If anyone can help with that matter, it will be great. Thanks.
    Since you just started having wifi problems after the update and relatively few problems do exist with it. It's best to try some basic troubleshooting to try to resolve it.

    1. I'm going to assume you have restarted already since you know you have to do this with the sound issue. So feel free to skip
    2. The next thing to do is try to forget the network and try setting it up again. After the network has been recreated try again.
    3. I know you don't take the TouchPad anywhere, but the next possible thing is to try to reproduce the issue on another network. If we can rule the issue down to either just one network or all networks it changes the issue completely.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  12. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
       #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If the bug is that easy to reproduce (which I have not been able to do) then it would be relatively easy for you to reproduce the issue and take a screenshot of it so that we can see exactly what you are talking about and work with our engineering group. So yes we really want you to take a screenshot.

    It's your choice from this point whether you help us identify the issue and isolate it, or not.
    I cant and wont send a screen shot of my private messages.

    the bug is a simple one. if you have a contact in gmail. Ask them to message you over gtalk.

    Check Synergy for the message. Once you receive the message over synergy on Touchpad, it will be in a different way showing it as a message from new offline contact (the contacts email id as the contact name)
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    I cant and wont send a screen shot of my private messages.

    the bug is a simple one. if you have a contact in gmail. Ask them to message you over gtalk.

    Check Synergy for the message. Once you receive the message over synergy on Touchpad, it will be in a different way showing it as a message from new offline contact (the contacts email id as the contact name)
    I think HardBeatz is saying to re-create with a dummy message that you CAN screen capture. What is in the message doesn't matter. Perhaps create a new gmail account and try messaging yourself with it? I realize the respect for privacy of your messages, but they are trying to help you. Maybe meet them partway on this one, as they have not been able to re-create.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I don't have any wifi dropouts. You mean while using the TP or when idle?
    What is this metallic sound? When does it happen?
    i dont have and never have had any wifi dropouts either, however many people just assume its the devices fault and not the plethora of other devices or intereference from other sources all around thats at fault or making matters worse.

    eg: my phone (on .N/.G/etc band) works fine so this should. Just because 1 works or got lucky doesnt mean everything will. For wifi dropouts, first thign id look at is my wifi settings/logs on my router as well as testing with other devices.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    I cant and wont send a screen shot of my private messages.

    the bug is a simple one. if you have a contact in gmail. Ask them to message you over gtalk.

    Check Synergy for the message. Once you receive the message over synergy on Touchpad, it will be in a different way showing it as a message from new offline contact (the contacts email id as the contact name)
    You are being asked to help us to ultimately help you. Obviously this issue is not as important to you as you like to make it seem.

    Good luck with getting the issue resolved, I'll be moving on to other issues now.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  16. Semma2's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #56  
    I'd like to thank HardBeatZ for taking the time to write his informative post. I run a small software company with a developer team and a customer support team, and I appreciate just how difficult it is to satisfy everyone with limited resources. We often fall short of our own standards, but not through want of trying.

    Personally I've found WebOS on the TouchPad to be remarkably stable by comparison to many of the half-baked software products that get pushed out to market these days without adequate testing (yes, my company has been guilty of that!). Not perfect by any means (for example I have encountered the sound bug several times, though not in 3.0.5 since I just updated last week), but for me WebOS has been a positive experience rather than a frustrating one. I hope the HP WebOS team gets the chance to keep up their good work.
    geekpeter likes this.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    You are being asked to help us to ultimately help you. Obviously this issue is not as important to you as you like to make it seem.

    Good luck with getting the issue resolved, I'll be moving on to other issues now.
    off-topic: text search in current browser page feature suggestion?
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    I cant and wont send a screen shot of my private messages.

    the bug is a simple one. if you have a contact in gmail. Ask them to message you over gtalk.

    Check Synergy for the message. Once you receive the message over synergy on Touchpad, it will be in a different way showing it as a message from new offline contact (the contacts email id as the contact name)
    Can't isn't an option. Press Power and Home(Center) buttons together and you get a screenshot. There are several utilities out there to delete the "sensitve" info. GIMP, Photoshop, etc, etc.

    If you can't do what is required (ie send a screenshot), then you can't expect anyone to help you.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  19. Carini's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by rioachim View Post
    off-topic: text search in current browser page feature suggestion?
    I believe there is a patch for this in preware called "find on page" in the browser patches section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions