Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #21  
    Bingo ^
  2. #22  
    Let's keep it civil and on topic please.

    @OP while I understand your issues, I have some of them as well, maybe there's a little more to it. Clearly they are aware of the distorted noise issue. Maybe they haven't isolated what is causing it. Maybe they decided to throw out an update in an effort to show that they were still working on improving webOS? Would you rather have waited another 3-4 months for a perfect update(not going to happen), or take what you can get, as it comes?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
       #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Let's keep it civil and on topic please.

    @OP while I understand your issues, I have some of them as well, maybe there's a little more to it. Clearly they are aware of the distorted noise issue. Maybe they haven't isolated what is causing it. Maybe they decided to throw out an update in an effort to show that they were still working on improving webOS? Would you rather have waited another 3-4 months for a perfect update(not going to happen), or take what you can get, as it comes?
    True, I would have not liked to wait for 3-4 months to get other issues like the accelerometer that was a pertinent problem in the last update, fixed.

    However, the sound issue was never there prior to 3.0.4 or even wifi dropouts or carding games to play.

    I think routinely restarting or carding stuff is a frustrating experience. Irrespective of the price, I paid, I want to love Webos. But, I see myself finding it hard to.

    Additionally, the attitudes of some Webos supporters here make it an even more unpleasant experience. Constructive criticism or pointing out bugs is always a good thing and should always stay so.

    Also, I see postives as well. They fixed the accelerometer as I said and now all android phones are compatible for calling through the skype app to and fro!

    Again, Sledge - Thank you for keeping this topic civil. Cheers!
  4. #24  
    @sledge007
    The thing is, it's so easy for companies to keep in touch with their customers nowadays. No need for a formal press release - all it would take is a tweet from a team leader (screened by legal first, of course), and we would be able to have a much better sense of what is happening and wouldn't be so dissatisfied.
    ak1229 likes this.
  5. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    @sledge007
    The thing is, it's so easy for companies to keep in touch with their customers nowadays. No need for a formal press release - all it would take is a tweet from a team leader (screened by legal first, of course), and we would be able to have a much better sense of what is happening and wouldn't be so dissatisfied.
    This guy is right. They should have set their priorities straight. We dont need fancy add-ons. We just want basic features fixed.

    Everyone agrees the sound issue, wifi and apps working smoothly are basic issues.
  6. #26  
    a similar sound issue was there in 3.02 idk about b4 that. I think their last attempted fix just broke it differently
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    True, I would have not liked to wait for 3-4 months to get other issues like the accelerometer that was a pertinent problem in the last update, fixed.
    I didn't play enough of those types of games to have an issue with it, but that's just me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    However, the sound issue was never there prior to 3.0.4 or even wifi dropouts or carding games to play.
    Having had my TouchPad since Day 1, WiFi was a huge issue for me until the first update, both on my home network and using FreeTether on my Pre-. Again, with the sound problem, I'm willing to wager if they actually knew what was causing it, I think they would fix it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    I think routinely restarting or carding stuff is a frustrating experience. Irrespective of the price, I paid, I want to love Webos. But, I see myself finding it hard to.
    I agree with you, not the most fun having to do restarts, I'm a little more patient with the whole thing having "grown-up" with the Pre-. THAT was a frustrating experience(for the first few months anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Additionally, the attitudes of some Webos supporters here make it an even more unpleasant experience. Constructive criticism or pointing out bugs is always a good thing and should always stay so.
    I don't disagree with that statement either.

    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Also, I see postives as well. They fixed the accelerometer as I said and now all android phones are compatible for calling through the skype app to and fro!

    Again, Sledge - Thank you for keeping this topic civil. Cheers!
    Didn't know that about the phones, and to you as well
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    @sledge007
    The thing is, it's so easy for companies to keep in touch with their customers nowadays. No need for a formal press release - all it would take is a tweet from a team leader (screened by legal first, of course), and we would be able to have a much better sense of what is happening and wouldn't be so dissatisfied.
    You're obviously new around here, One would think that it's easy for a company to stay in touch with their customers, wouldn't they? Having witnessed this thing in (almost) entirety, I can assure you that it is WAY harder than you think!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    a similar sound issue was there in 3.02 idk about b4 that. I think their last attempted fix just broke it differently
    Pretty sure the distorted noise issue was after 0.2, but there was the disappearing noise right from the beginning that was fixed by a restart and later by PulseAudio.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Vistaus likes this.
  9. kalel33's Avatar
    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Pretty sure the distorted noise issue was after 0.2, but there was the disappearing noise right from the beginning that was fixed by a restart and later by PulseAudio.
    I haven't had issues with the sound since the update but the distorted sound didn't start up for me until .04.
  10. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Here's an idea: go post this wise advice in each and every thread on this forum.
    Maybe people will take it, and it will be more quiet here on webOSNation than between your ears.
    This is a forum, in case you hadn't noticed. People are entitled to express their frustrations and such.

    sure, people can *****, moan and complain all they want. But guess what, it won't do a lick of good making these issues become resolved any faster. All it WILL do however, is make some people look, petty, impatient and ungrateful.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Ok so yesterday, I was excited with the new update. But today, I am highly dissapointed! Here's why!

    1. Mettalic Sound bug - Still there
    2. Wifi dropouts - Still there
    3. Slow games need to be carded - Still there

    I will explain the last issue more clearly. Install Glu Mobile's Gun Bros from the market. Now play it. Notice it is lagging? Card it and tap on it again to play. now it will play faster like it should normally.

    Second example. Install Card Ace Casino. Now play a poker game. Play for 10-15 mins. Now go to Lobby. Try to swipe through the selection. You cant!!!!

    Same thing here. Card and enter again and you can.

    Honestly 3.0.4 brought this update and if you release 3.0.5 you should have made sure the bugs are fixed. A lot of people complained about these issues and it wasn't that you did not know.
    I've never had issue 2 or 3, and three TouchPads on 3.0.5, and none of them are having the sound issue, either. Actually, I take it back. The WiFi did -suck- the first boot after installing 3.0.5 on one of them, but reboot cleared it. It wasn't dropping connection, though, it was just excruciatingly slow.

    In any case, if you -are- having problems, contact support, or go through the official support forms at HP. I'm under the impression that the sound problem is not something that was ever encountered on test devices, but I could be wrong. The more people that contact them through -official- support channels, the more chance it has of getting fixed, if it's not just a local problem.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  12. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
       #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I've never had issue 2 or 3, and three TouchPads on 3.0.5, and none of them are having the sound issue, either. Actually, I take it back. The WiFi did -suck- the first boot after installing 3.0.5 on one of them, but reboot cleared it. It wasn't dropping connection, though, it was just excruciatingly slow.

    In any case, if you -are- having problems, contact support, or go through the official support forms at HP. I'm under the impression that the sound problem is not something that was ever encountered on test devices, but I could be wrong. The more people that contact them through -official- support channels, the more chance it has of getting fixed, if it's not just a local problem.
    @eblade Can you confirm the 3rd issue does not happen to you? I checked a lot of people had that issue on 3.0.4 and even saw the review on both card ace and gun bros. People did complain about the issue.

    However I am facing it on 3.0.5 as well. Did you test the games after the update. Restarted couple of times sound issue hasnt got back but wifi just dropped once 2 hours back. Both games still buggy without being carded.
  13. #33  
    have you guys found any correlation of the sound distortion with particular patch, kernel, media player, bit rate, codec, etc?

    I have a mostly stock touchpad, and I've never had the distortion issue. Is there a sequence of steps to make it repeatable?
  14. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
       #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    have you guys found any correlation of the sound distortion with particular patch, kernel, media player, bit rate, codec, etc?

    I have a mostly stock touchpad, and I've never had the distortion issue. Is there a sequence of steps to make it repeatable?
    No correlation what so ever. I was on stock kernel, no overclock no patches, as good as new touchpad and got the sound issue 4 times repeatedly but have been a day since and It has not come back.

    Also if you guys notice the issue with card ace or gun bros. Please do let me know
  15. #35  
    <thread title updated>
  16. #36  
    Is the audio distortion the under water sounded music etc ?

    If so it has only started happening this last week on 3.04. and mainly on Angry Birds, or rather that seems to be the starter for it

    Only fix is to reboot. Its happend on 2 touchpads here and still does it with 3.05

    Both TP's have different patches on them and one was a fresh doctor of 3.04 only a week ago up until this point it was an upgrade of 3.02 to 3.04 and never had the audio issue

    2 out of 3 TP's here got the palm.com/ROM error after updating to 3.05 and had to be doctored back
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    have you guys found any correlation of the sound distortion with particular patch, kernel, media player, bit rate, codec, etc?

    I have a mostly stock touchpad, and I've never had the distortion issue. Is there a sequence of steps to make it repeatable?
    The sound issue has occurred whether preware is installed or not, so it doesn't appear to be patch related. It occurs when the device goes into standby mode and is then awakened. If you go into Xecutah and enter the command "stop audiod && start audiod" it is fixed temporarily.
  18. #38  
    Yes, I do have Wifi-dropout sometimes. But so does my ex Motorola Xoom with Android 3.2, Pre 3 with webOS 2.2.4 and my mum's Motorola Defy with Android 2.3
    So that's not a webOS-problem, perhaps a router-problem.

    You know, on so many forums I see people having Wifi-dropouts and always blame it on the device/OS. Yet, I've see threads of it happening on iOS, Android, Symbian, Maemo, Windows, Mac and Ubuntu.
    So people who blame webOS for the dropouts: you think all thise OS's suffer from the exact same problem? Don't think so. So stop blaming webOS for that, it's not a software-problem, it happens with every OS.

    The only bug I really encounter is the sound-bug. It sometimes happens randomly, then randomly dissapears again.

    For all the rest 3.0.5 made it even smoother and more fluid than 3.0.4 did
    Good job HP! Hopefully 3.0.6 adresses the sound-issue!
  19. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
       #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Yes, I do have Wifi-dropout sometimes. But so does my ex Motorola Xoom with Android 3.2, Pre 3 with webOS 2.2.4 and my mum's Motorola Defy with Android 2.3
    So that's not a webOS-problem, perhaps a router-problem.

    You know, on so many forums I see people having Wifi-dropouts and always blame it on the device/OS. Yet, I've see threads of it happening on iOS, Android, Symbian, Maemo, Windows, Mac and Ubuntu.
    So people who blame webOS for the dropouts: you think all thise OS's suffer from the exact same problem? Don't think so. So stop blaming webOS for that, it's not a software-problem, it happens with every OS.
    Cool Story Bro!!
  20. R42
    R42 is offline
    R42's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Yes, I do have Wifi-dropout sometimes. But so does my ex Motorola Xoom with Android 3.2, Pre 3 with webOS 2.2.4 and my mum's Motorola Defy with Android 2.3
    So that's not a webOS-problem, perhaps a router-problem.

    You know, on so many forums I see people having Wifi-dropouts and always blame it on the device/OS. Yet, I've see threads of it happening on iOS, Android, Symbian, Maemo, Windows, Mac and Ubuntu.
    So people who blame webOS for the dropouts: you think all thise OS's suffer from the exact same problem? Don't think so. So stop blaming webOS for that, it's not a software-problem, it happens with every OS.

    The only bug I really encounter is the sound-bug. It sometimes happens randomly, then randomly dissapears again.

    For all the rest 3.0.5 made it even smoother and more fluid than 3.0.4 did
    Good job HP! Hopefully 3.0.6 adresses the sound-issue!
    This, I already fixed the wifi issue.
    My Belkin router is now in "Mixed" with B G and N open as opposed to N or G only.

    I have set the Wifi as manual as opposed to automatic.
    The issue is gone.
    Before I remember the wifi dropping. I had to input the dreaded password for my router. The wifi app could not connect me, the wifi signal was off and the password input will pretty much keep refreshing itself asking me for a password every time.

    Perhpas i am the exception in this forum? (lol...)

    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Cool Story Bro!!

    BTW
    Yesterday my chrome browser on my desktop would not connect me to the internet. The sites would not load even though it said it was waiting for the site.

    Surely this is a Windows 7 problem...
    Stupid Microsoft hurr and their crappy OS durr!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions