1.    #1  
    Just got a "no" answer from customer support chat, but I am seeing the occasional tool post that they love the feature, but with no explanation of how they made it work...
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Yes there is:
    Go to the country preferences. There is a part for keyboard and autocorrect. You can just create new profiles for different languages or turn it on or off. It will the appear next to the blank at the keyboard.
    to clarify: add a second keyboard in your layout with a language of "None", then you will get a keyboard switch button.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Excellent! Thanks to Chris and eblade!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Is this something other than Text Assist Text Correction choices accessed from the the Setting Tab?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    ya'll are friggin phenoms and my hats off to you ;-)
    can someone post a screen shot with it enabled on keyboard?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    can someone post a screen shot with it enabled on keyboard?
    Yeah, I'd like to see it too.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Here it is, when it corrects the word, it makes a sound. You can choose the vibrate option instead of making the sound.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So the trick is having more then one keyboard layout in the regional settings, normal english ( which has auto correct ), and add a new one with "none" in the language , this gives you a switch - english and none which turns off auto correct. Pretty tricky solution to switching auto c on / off. If you are a German add another keyboard, German. Then you get three options.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    So which one has the autocorrect enabled?

ok if it says 'en' then autocorrect is enabled and if it says 'Qwy' then its disabled.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    That's correct alan. I got mine all set up too.
    shame the same toggle to different keyboard button cant be used to toggle to a keyboard type that has arrow keys/normalish keyboard setup to suit some apps that need a "more like a normal PC keyboard" setup.
    thanks thanks thanks to all concerned.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Hopefully from the moment webOS is open source, other languages will be supported too!