1.    #1  
    I haven't seen it posted anywhere on this great webOS Nation of ours and I think its worth note. This thread was created to inform the masses that you can watch slingbox on the touchpad even though sling decided they didn't want to release a native webOS app for us.

Thanks to ncinerate and his user agent spoofing patch The -NEW- HULU fix! anybody with a facebook account can now watch their own personal slingbox on the touchpad. You have to install the patch so the web page thinks that you are using a desktop web browser. If you try his without the patch installed it just gives you an error about unrecognized device.

The facebook app is called SlingPlayer (not Slingbox). It has a remote control that you can bring up to control the device that you are placeshift with. And it does, as you would expect, go full screen.

Playback is generally good. At the university I go to, the WiFi is horrible so it will stop streaming for a moment which is frustrating but still passable. Back home where the WiFi isn't great but at least decent it streams almost always without a hitch. But hey, I can watch TV anywhere now with a free facebook app (take that $30 android and iOS slingplayer app. lol)!
    Thanks, I'll have to try this out.
    Dang this won't work with my old Slingbox AV.
    Shhh, keep this down. They may find out!
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Dang this won't work with my old Slingbox AV.
    I'm in the same boat, sigh. And since my AV works with my Evo 3D, I'm not getting a new SB anytime soon.
    If memory serves me correctly, I tried this method using all available user agents from the hulu fix thread (thanks again ncinerate!) but was unable to view my slingplayer. My slingbox is an old solo. It works fine on android on my TP but threw up an error message using the facebook method posted here. I'm going to attempt this facebook method again and post results of my solo version here. Thanks ledzepman71.
    Edit: I have 3 Slingboxes and only 2 are new enough to work. But they do work. Funny thing is the one that doesn't work (old solo model) works spectacularly with my CM7 slingplayer app. Go figure. Same hardware, so I know it's possible, just a real loss for Slingbox to not make a native TP webOS app. I'd pay the $29.99 it costs on Android in a heartbeat even though it's free using Facebook because it's that much easier to use. I've been ranting about the lack of a Slingbox app since June of 09. Anyway, thanks again ledzepman71. If anyone is interested in a device that works in webOS without all the Facebook stuff I'm linking these to threads here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-tips-information-resources/300175-media-streaming-tips-tricks-touchpad-webos-devices.html#post3251205
    Last edited by matteebee13; 01/14/2012 at 06:28 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    If memory serves me correctly, I tried this method using all available user agents from the hulu fix thread (thanks again ncinerate!) but was unable to view my slingplayer. My slingbox is an old solo. It works fine on android on my TP but threw up an error message using the facebook method posted here. I'm going to attempt this facebook method again and post results of my solo version here. Thanks ledzepman71.
    Edit: I have 3 Slingboxes and only 2 are new enough to work. But they do work. Funny thing is the one that doesn't work (old solo model) works spectacularly with my CM7 slingplayer app. Go figure. Same hardware, so I know it's possible, just a real loss for Slingbox to not make a native TP webOS app. I'd pay the $29.99 it costs on Android in a heartbeat even though it's free using Facebook because it's that much easier to use. I've been ranting about the lack of a Slingbox app since June of 09. Anyway, thanks again ledzepman71. If anyone is interested in a device that works in webOS without all the Facebook stuff I'm linking these to threads here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3251205

That's really weird :-( , I also have an old solo (bought it back in '07) and it works just fine for me. Believe me I think I would still pay money for an actual app for webOS. I was livid when they turned out not to be launch partners with the prprpr&#$275$; $and$ $I$'$ve$ $been$ $talking$ $at$ $Sling$ ($implying$ $they$ $don$'$t$ $listen$ $very$ $well$) $trying$ $to$ $get$ $them$ $to$ $make$ $us$ $an$ $app$ $since$ $the$ $pdk$ $came$ $out$. $I$'$m$ $just$ $glad$ $we$ $have$ $some$ $sort$ $of$ $workaround$ $now$. $My$ $solo$ $was$ $reduced$ $to$ $a$ $glowing$ $paperweight$ $in$ $my$ $A$/$V$ $cabinet$. $Thanks$ $for$ $the$ $links$ $as$ $well$ $matteebee13$!