Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I let my TP update overnight to 3.0.5. Obviously, various patches such as Adv Reset Options and Remove Tap ripple didnt work after the update. With the last update 3.0.4 i know we waited until patches were updated to work with 3.0.4.

This time i tried something a little different. I removed those 2 patches above and reinstalled them and they worked with 3.0.5. Also I had not updated F4 prior to the 3.0.5 updated. So after the 3.0.5 updated i ran reware to update F4 and i still have all my clock speeds. So i would seem that at least some of the patches are 3.0.5 comptible - they may just un/reinstalling to work properly again. Here is my list of patches so far that can work with the new update.

Edit:
    Patches that work with 3.0.5 either with un/reinstall or without:
    Pandora-touchpad-patch
    Adv Reset Options
    Remove Tap Ripple
    Bigger Screen when Minimized
    Disable Lock Screen
    Add Download Link

Does not work either with in/reinstall or w/o:
    Show Filenames
    Last edited by Kneelbeforezod; 01/13/2012 at 11:19 AM.
    After my update preware no longer shows advanced reset options as available. I can remove it but not install it after that. Do you see that patch? If so maybe I'm missing some feeds?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    After my update preware no longer shows advanced reset options as available. I can remove it but not install it after that. Do you see that patch? If so maybe I'm missing some feeds?
    Adv reset never disappeared for me after the update. I updated, saw that adv reset did not work and then un/reinstalled. Maybe try adding the Beta feeds?

Whenever there is an OS update such as 3.0.5, it can take some time (depending on the nature of what was 'updated' in the OS) for the patches to be re-tested and re-released as 3.0.5 compatible.

It is recommended to wait at least 24 hours before applying an 'official' OS update anyway.. so hang on in.. Preware has it's work cut out right now!

The feeds will trickle the patch updates back through to you as they are updated by their developers.

Patience - in a digital world!

Edit: Add -

Recent WebOS Internals Tweets:

'..We're working on a new Auto-Update System Modification Technology (AUSMT, pronounced "oz-em-tee") to handle patches, themes, etc congruently..'

'..We ('TheRealSconix' actually), will release the first version of this new technology to the alpha-patches feed in the next couple of days..'

'.. Both Theme Manager and Tweaks will be updated to use AUSMT, and Tweaks will eventually be able to apply raw patches, like Internalz..'

'..So for this webOS 3.0.5 OTA update, we would recommend removing all patches before updating, or delaying your update until AUSMT is ready..'

'..Tweaks will also eventually incorporate a finer-grained patch recovery support, replacing the need for EPR for most error cases..'

'..Kernel source code for #webOS 3.0.5 has been released at Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm - look for an updated UberKernel soon..'

'..UberKernel/TouchPad 3.0.5-91 is now in the beta-kernels feed - if I get success reports and no failure reports I'll push to stable in 10-12h..'

~~~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/14/2012 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    Adv reset never disappeared for me after the update. I updated, saw that adv reset did not work and then un/reinstalled. Maybe try adding the Beta feeds?
    You're probably right, I may have lost the best feeds when I had issues with preware a while back. But on the other hand, I can probably live without these or a while, just curious if you were seeing different, thanks for the reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post

Whenever there is an OS update such as 3.0.5, it can take some time (depending on the nature of what was 'updated' in the OS) for the patches to be re-tested and re-released as 3.0.5 compatible.

It is recommended to wait at least 24 hours before applying an 'official' OS update anyway.. so hang on in.. Preware has it's work cut out right now!

The feeds will trickle the patch updates back through to you as they are updated by their developers.

Sure, I can be patient. Was just curious...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post

It appears though some patches will work with just a simple un/reinstall so if people cant wait then it is an option.
    It appears though some patches will work with just a simple un/reinstall so if people cant wait then it is an option.

Sure.. if one wishes to also take the resposibility of doing so, over waiting a while for the tested versions to be released!

Where 3.0.4 altered much, 3.0.5 seems less 'intrusive' and all-encompassing for Devs to deal with as an OS update, regarding Patch testing/updating etc.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/13/2012 at 11:25 AM.
    if you go to preferences in preware and add ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/3.0.4 to the feed list you will get the old patches feed back
    not all the patches will work, but I can confirm that Advanced reset options, Ad blocker, Default to show bookmarks in browser, No autolaunch keyboard in browser, and Disable lock screen all work fine under 3.0.5
    the only patch that didn't work for me was Default to month view in calander
    Don't do this for the standard apps, calendar, email, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer_420 View Post
    if you go to preferences in preware and add ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/3.0.4 to the feed list you will get the old patches feed back
    not all the patches will work, but I can confirm that Advanced reset options, Ad blocker, Default to show bookmarks in browser, No autolaunch keyboard in browser, and Disable lock screen all work fine under 3.0.5
    the only patch that didn't work for me was Default to month view in calander
    Thanks, that worked like a champ for advanced reset options and no launcher button.
    Tested working, 3.0.4 version installs as-is and functional:
    - Private Browsing
    - Custom Browser Gestures

Not working, 3.0.4 version cannot install:
    - No Vibrate or Sound on Messaging Send - Messaging app got moved to cryptofs, working version below.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I let my TP update overnight to 3.0.5. Obviously, various patches such as Adv Reset Options and Remove Tap ripple didnt work after the update. With the last update 3.0.4 i know we waited until patches were updated to work with 3.0.4.

This time i tried something a little different. I removed those 2 patches above and reinstalled them and they worked with 3.0.5. Also I had not updated F4 prior to the 3.0.5 updated. So after the 3.0.5 updated i ran reware to update F4 and i still have all my clock speeds. So i would seem that at least some of the patches are 3.0.5 comptible - they may just un/reinstalling to work properly again. Here is my list of patches so far that can work with the new update.

Edit:
    Pandora-touchpad-patch
    Adv Reset Options
    Remove Tap Ripple
    Disable Lock Screen
    Add Download Link

Show Filenames
    Where can I get the Pandora- Touchpad Patch please?
    I think you just play Pandora directly from their website now.

Edit:
    Pandora-touchpad-patch
    Adv Reset Options
    Remove Tap Ripple
    Disable Lock Screen
    Add Download Link

Show Filenames
    how come I can't find any patches for 3.0.5 and how come I never found a Pandora touchpad patch
    it takes a few days for the patch developers to update the to be available to a device running 3.0.5
    Quote Originally Posted by o_dat1 View Post
    Where can I get the Pandora- Touchpad Patch please?
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-patches/309409-patch-pan___do___ra-touchpad.html
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-patches/309409-patch-pan___do___ra-touchpad.html
    Thanks for sharing... Does it need ti be renamed and is it a webOS Quick install only?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Thanks for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by o_dat1 View Post
    Thanks for sharing... Does it need ti be renamed and is it a webOS Quick install only?
    I think the instructions are in the thread. Works in 3.0.5; I used Preware to install, no problems. Another Pandora tip (thanks danillll!) here: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-touchpad-homebrew/307043-tip-run-pandora-web-all-time.html#post3254614
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast