Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    My battery life seems to have gotten worse after the 3.0.5 update.. After a few minutes use on this forum, percentage decreased 3% when it would stay the same or only decrease by 1%. My screen brightness is all the way down and nothing has changed about my environment. Anyone else?
    Same here, decreasing very fast. 95% to 77% within 45 minutes. Just browsing the net, pretty unacceptable.
    mine went from 73% to 62% over night with airplane mode on. Usually it only drops a few %
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I also think that battery consumption has increased but I'm not sure.
  5.    #5  
    From 10:33pm to 10:58pm, I installed Uberkernel, rebooted twice and my battery went from 93% to 88%. 5% drain in a little over half an hour is not good. I'm keeping a closer eye on this. I really hope this is all in my head.. It is now 11:02pm and battery went down to 87%.
    Mine dropped a lot too. I was at 62% in airplane mode and 2 days later it died with no usage.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I've seen this play out following every single webOS update on every device for two years.
    Battery drain goes up for a few days (sometimes drastically) and then goes back to normal. Be patient.

ian
    I noticed the battery draining faster too but I am going to patient as said above. I checked the battery with Dr. Battery and even though the Touchpad meter said it was 100%, Dr. Battery is reporting much less mAh. I am aware that the battery doesn't fully charge (95%) but before at 100% on the battery meter Dr. Battery said I had about 6200 mAh at 100% and now it gets to about 5100 before the OS shuts down the charger.

Going to keep an eye on it to see if the OS recalibrates.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I've seen this play out following every single webOS update on every device for two years.
    Battery drain goes up for a few days (sometimes drastically) and then goes back to normal. Be patient.

ian
    I've been a Pre user since 2009 and have NOT seen battery drain problems with every webOS update.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    last night I was listening to a podcast. When I started I was at 26%. In 45 minutes I was down to 8. To me that seems pretty excessive. Also, I usually keep my screen brightness at about 30% of maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    From 10:33pm to 10:58pm, I installed Uberkernel, rebooted twice and my battery went from 93% to 88%. 5% drain in a little over half an hour is not good. I'm keeping a closer eye on this. I really hope this is all in my head.. It is now 11:02pm and battery went down to 87%.
    This seems fairly normal. 5% drain in 30 min = 10% in 1 hr which equals to 10 hrs of usage. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

I have not noticed worse battery life after 305.
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    I've been a Pre user since 2009 and have NOT seen battery drain problems with every webOS update.
    Also a Pre user and besides seeing it myself, there's always a glut of battery life related threads following each release. Saw it with my last TP Webos update as well. A few days to a week, and all the battery related complaints disappear.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Also a Pre user and besides seeing it myself, there's always a glut of battery life related threads following each release. Saw it with my last TP Webos update as well. A few days to a week, and all the battery related complaints disappear.

ian
    LOL. By then, their batteries are completely dead and they're never heard from again.
    It is normal for high battery consumption after an OTA update. Same thing happened to my Pre 3 after the 2.2.4 update. Right after the update my Pre 3 went from .9 of 1% per hour at idle to over 9% per hour but after a few days it went down to .5 of 1% per hour.
    Since my post yesterday....Touchpad was down to 10% battery then....I fully charged it and have been using it about 15 hours. I surfed, video chatted, updated all my patches, watched 2 TV shows on Hulu and played Asphalt6 (now that the accelerometer is fixed). It wasn't turned off all day but it did sleep when I wasn't using it. Overnight, it went down about 3% and is at 18% left right now.

Anyway, it looks like for me, the meter is adjusting itself and letting the battery take a full charge.

Although, I still think the accelerometer still needs some work because my car keeps hitting the wall ;-)
    basically the HD is an SSD, when the update completes, I am sure the SSD is going through its cleaning process, just like the OCZ SSD that is the boot drive on my main rig whenever a benching run or updates hit the drive...

=higher battery usage...just my take, the more tweaks and programs installed, more cleaning time, on ones that are basically stock, less cleaning time...

I also noticed a very high battery drain, usually the first night is bad, then after that it settles down, and it will happen again when all the patches are 3.0.5 available, makes the SSD work a little harder until happy...

laterzzzzz............
    Last edited by bldegle2; 01/15/2012 at 06:47 AM.
    32g and playing
    gaitch32 likes this.
    That make more sense than what I said. Although my battery is taking a higher charge today. It could be that I just made my first observation when the battery was having a bad day........
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I noticed something strange yesterday. I had it charged and was almost full, but not 100%. Then I unplugged it and started to use it. The little battery icon was still white, then after a few minutes it turned green 0_o
    (I think green means 100% charged)
    Anybody ever had this happen?

I charged my TP fully last night and used it for about three hours this morning when all of a sudden it vibrates and tells me my battery is at 17%. I couldn't believe that it was that low, but I still needed it so I used it for another 15 minutes and it stayed at 17%. When I was done using it I put it to sleep. The next time I picked it up, the battery was back up to 73%. Anybody have any idea what may have caused this? I'm running 3.0.5.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eag2412 View Post
    Anybody ever had this happen?

I charged my TP fully last night and used it for about three hours this morning when all of a sudden it vibrates and tells me my battery is at 17%. I couldn't believe that it was that low, but I still needed it so I used it for another 15 minutes and it stayed at 17%. When I was done using it I put it to sleep. The next time I picked it up, the battery was back up to 73%. Anybody have any idea what may have caused this? I'm running 3.0.5.
    Must be something wrong with the battery display thing. Maybe it got screwed up a bit in the update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast