Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  1.    #1  
    just updated to 3.0.5. So far I like browser scroll bar but haven't noticed anything major.

then I noticed minimized cards update in the background. I don't think it did that before, it stayed black. But now it updates. Pretty sweet if you ask me.
    'Scroll Bar'?

I call it a sliding page-length indicator button !

stickerboy likes this.
    Most things that weren't web browsers update in cards, and have as long as I've been a user. The web browser still refuses to start loading a URL when its carded. sigh.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    The web browser still refuses to start loading a URL when its carded. sigh.
    If only HP understood the meaning of multi-tasking.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    'Scroll Bar'?

Without button functionality
    'Scroll Bar'?

So does HP? https://developer.palm.com/content/a...3.0.5-676.html

WebView controls now have a scroll indicator provided by the system.
    I don't understand this "doesn't load in the background" stuff. Going back a couple firmwares I would load GIF files that were between 50 and 100 MB big so I would minimize the card and do something else until it finally loaded. When I returned to that card the file was ready to go and was already looping.

Same with regular website loads. I would load a page and when I would go back to it it would be ready. Sure the card itself when minimized doesn't show the updated page but when maximized it instantly shows the fully loaded page.
    'Scroll Bar'?

Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    Appears so - "WebView controls now have a scroll indicator provided by the system", and that it was us in the forum that started incorrectly referring to it as a "scroll bar", not HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    I don't understand this "doesn't load in the background" stuff. Going back a couple firmwares I would load GIF files that were between 50 and 100 MB big so I would minimize the card and do something else until it finally loaded. When I returned to that card the file was ready to go and was already looping.

Same with regular website loads. I would load a page and when I would go back to it it would be ready. Sure the card itself when minimized doesn't show the updated page but when maximized it instantly shows the fully loaded page.
    you're right I load pages in the background like that all the time. (just because you can't see the TP multitasking doesn't mean that its not)
    but with the update now the minimised card shows the web page updating, so all the "webos doesn't really multitask" people can STFU
    Stop Talking For Us?
    I don't remember minimized cards having a slightly brighter look when in the center of the screen while the others are slightly darker.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I don't remember minimized cards having a slightly brighter look when in the center of the screen while the others are slightly darker.
    I see that now that you mention it. I don't recall if the TP did that before.
  13.    #13  
    The cards in the background may have been updating/refreshing but you couldn't see that in card view. But now you can. I actually like it a lot like this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I'm still on 3.04, but pages will load in the background, BUT you have to let it start loading first, as in you have to let the blue load bar make some progress before switching cards. Is that still how it is in 3.05?
    EDIT: should also mention that it only cached, and did not display the changes until you slected the card, then it'd update it visually
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    I see that now that you mention it. I don't recall if the TP did that before.
    Yeah. Derek spotted this in the TP Go review, which was running 3.0.5...
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post

sure, but it can't, as far as i can tell, start loading a -new- page until you've given it a half second or so of display time.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    yeah it keeps running just can't see progress till card maximized
    always been that way
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite1 View Post
    yeah it keeps running just can't see progress till card maximized
    always been that way
    well, I can now see progress in minimized card view. In 304 you had to max card to see.