Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Why was this feature implemented? Surely an indicator of how far down a page one is was not as crucial as a fully functional jump scroll bar. Is anyone else interested in a patch to remove It like the ripple?
    I think it's better than no scroll bar. Now I can tell my relative position on a page and how big it is. I don't like scrolling down a long page with no idea how far down the end is so this helps with that. It's mildly irritating as it flashes every time I press a key on my bluetooth keyboard as it's doing right now but it's not real big or bright so I can probably live with that.
    Surely an 'indicator' is NOT a Scroll Bar?
    Especially if it doesn't scroll anything!

Ggrrr!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/13/2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Surely an 'indicator' is NOT a Scroll Bar?
    Especially if it doesn't scroll anything!

Ggrrr!

I would agree that is a better description. I still like it but could be better.
    I like it.... I hate having no idea just how long the page is, or where I am on the page. To not have that indication has frustrated me. It's too bad they didn't also add it to the App catalog... that's equally frustrating.
    pdechad likes this.
    I like it. I feel like it helps.
    IIIxe -> Zaurus SL-5500 -> Zire 72s -> Curve -> Droid X -> iPad -> TouchPad 32GB
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Actually, this feature is similar to the iPad Browser. A nice addition.
    Why was this feature implemented? Surely an indicator of how far down a page one is was not as crucial as a fully functional jump scroll bar. Is anyone else interested in a patch to remove It like the ripple?
    because 99% of everyone botched that they couldn't tell where they were on web pages. So, now, everyone clarifies that they didn't actually want that, but something else, eh?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Brother View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    because 99% of everyone botched that they couldn't tell where they were on web pages. So, now, everyone clarifies that they didn't actually want that, but something else, eh?
    Not me, not changing my tune, I like it. Maybe could have been done better but I welcome it, nice addition.
    rmeigs likes this.
    I never asked for it, didn't want it, but will take it. Just don't understand why it had priority over the sound issue. Just must have been easier to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Well, I must be in your 1% then, as I have been harping on about an ACTIVE Scroll Bar here for some time!

I mean, a 'Scroll Bar' is for Scrolling WITH, right? Eh?

This thing is an indicator.

why does one need a scroll bar when the entire screen can be used to scroll?
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    why does one need a scroll bar when the entire screen can be used to scroll?

Consider the simple matter alone, of the energy and time used, for example, to 'wank' your way down through a looong web-forum page of 200-300 posts everytime you 'comment', by (multiple) 'swiping' to scroll.. over the simple alternative of a small one-finger shunt to slide an active SCROLL BAR (Button) down the side of the screen to exactly the same effect?

Comprendo?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/13/2012 at 12:32 AM.
    T-Pad likes this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    page indicator bar: useless

actual, fully functional page scroll bar: useful

(one can hope that maybe this indicator bar is the first step in implementing a fully functional scroll bar?)
    One can!

And hopefully not futile!

If I had REALLY long pages to view I might also want a full scroll bar but for me the indicator works just fine and I'm glad to get it.
    I personally love it and asked for it from day one. Would an active scroll bar be more useful, sure, but that doesn't mean this indicator is worthless.

Thanks, HP!
    ok, maybe 99% was exaggerating. but isn't it nice to be in the 1% for once?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    i really like them
    Quote Originally Posted by trowany View Post
    I never asked for it, didn't want it, but will take it. Just don't understand why it had priority over the sound issue. Just must have been easier to do.
    There are several different teams with different focuses, so it's quite easy to imagine that one team will implement one thing, whilst another team continues the development on something else (like fixing the sound bug).

FWIW, I am very happy with the indicator - No more wondering how much more scrolling is required as I can see where I am in the page. I wonder if this would now be patchable to provide the functionality that others are describing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast