Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    During the install of 3.0.5 update my touchpad sat for one hour with the hp logo boo looping. It then shut off. No when I turn it on the logo juust boot loops. I tried running webos doctor but can't get it to run. Any sugestons. Thank you.

-Frank
    Since it is looping, have that USB cable plugged into your AC adapter and then to your touchpad. Aftwards hold down the up volume button and the lest loop reset will give you recovery mode. It may take a couple loops to catch the recovery mode, looks like a BIG white USB logo on the screen. Take the cable out of the ac adapter and then you should be able to run the doctor fine.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thank you so much. I did that and it worked. I've been at it for hours. Idon't know what went wrong the last two updates went fine.

-Frank
    Same thing is happening to me. Arrrrgh.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Same thing is happening to me. Arrrrgh.
    Do what addiarmadar said and all will be fixed. I am up and running now. I have to reinstall preware next and fix mboot now for android. Also reinstall all patches but all is good.

-Frank
    Does webDoctoring wipe out CM7?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Mine is bootlooping too. This is very annoying. HP made a really fail update wow. Hopefully WebOS doctor doesn't wipe the TP CM7 Files.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Does webDoctoring wipe out CM7?
    It shoulden't. I doctored once before an it didn't. You will have to reinstall moboot using acmeintaller though.

-Frank
    Okay, I tried installing moboot but that didn't give me back the CM7 boot option, but it did show the other menu items in the moboot menu. I found from other threads that you have to also flash the cwm. From there, I did a restore of the backup I made today.

So I installed the webOS update today... - Android Forums

After doctoring it to webOS 3.0.5, it restored all my apps. webOS's backup and restore is amazing and FAST. It did not wipe CM7.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Good thing I did a backup of CM7 and WebOS before the update. Still waiting for the download of WebOS Doctor and WinZip to finish.
    Yes, I'm glad I did the backup of CM7, too. It prevented this situation from turning into a disaster. CM7 is as it was before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remolten View Post
    Mine is bootlooping too. This is very annoying. HP made a really fail update wow. Hopefully WebOS doctor doesn't wipe the TP CM7 Files.
    If the updated yielded a looping reset its usually due to a preexisting issue on the device, corrupt file structures/partitions or too much tweaking, and the OTA is just the catalyst, not the problem. We just have to acknowledge murphy's law and thank gawd for the webOS doctor.

No the doctor will not fubar up CM7, worst case you have to reinstall moboot since it is not programmed to look at those partitions. However it will if any of the stock partions are corrupt the doctor could wipe the CM7 partitions in its cleanup process.

Yikes...not a great update and botched my system completely.

Can't really blame HP since I'm running webOS and CM7, but amazing all the problems this update caused. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    If the updated yielded a looping reset its usually due to a preexisting issue on the device, corrupt file structures/partitions or too much tweaking, and the OTA is just the catalyst, not the problem. We just have to acknowledge murphy's law and thank gawd for the webOS doctor.

No the doctor will not fubar up CM7, worst case you have to reinstall moboot since it is not programmed to look at those partitions. However it will if any of the stock partions are corrupt the doctor could wipe the CM7 partitions in its cleanup process.
    Hmm. I, too, had the boot loop. After running webos doctor and booting back into 3.0.5 webos, I reinstalled moboot via acmeinstaller. The only options I had were webos, webos recovery, power off, reboot. There was no CWM or CM7. So, then I installed CWM via acmeinstaller as well. Restoring from a backup right now.

Edit: restore from backup worked. I did have to "re-update" moboot because the backup reinstalled 0.3.3, not 0.3.5.

I have another touchpad that has never been droided. I plan to install the update on that as well to see if CM7 really was the "culprit" of the failure, or if it is a botched update.
    Last edited by hooha23; 01/12/2012 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Yikes...not a great update and botched my system completely.

Can't really blame HP since I'm running webOS and CM7, but amazing all the problems this update caused. Sorli...
    The amount of tweaking I've done to my webos devices I've always just updated them through the webos doctor. It lets me clear out dead projects off the device and room to start new ones

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    The amount of tweaking I've done to my webos devices I've always just updated them through the webos doctor. It lets me clear out dead projects off the device and room to start new ones
    Understand and have done the same myself. Actually, last years update went in without problems and I had CM7 installed at that time so I don't think they are related. Either way, I'm doctoring manually by downloading the link provided by webOS Internals since Palm.com website is getting slammed and their download mechanism isn't working.

Sucks really and I'll probably have to reinstall the latest update after webOS doctoring and then repair Android. Should have waited for more info! Sorli...
    Mine got stuck in the boot loop after i used webos doctor
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same issue of a boot loop where the HP logo appears for a couple of seconds then the device resets and this continues ad infinitum.
    I can put it into recovery mode by pressing volume up, run the doctor, but it still loops.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smith67 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same issue of a boot loop where the HP logo appears for a couple of seconds then the device resets and this continues ad infinitum.
    I can put it into recovery mode by pressing volume up, run the doctor, but it still loops.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    This thread fixed this issue for me.

Cheers