Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    I can't get webos quick install to recognize my TP. I just updated it to 3.0.5. I've put the TP into Developer Mode, tried rebooting my TP and PC, reinstalling Novacom drivers, and I tried a different USB port. All to no avail. Is quick install not compatible with the new update or something? Thanks
    Last edited by BuddyHM17; 01/12/2012 at 06:20 PM.
  2. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #2  
    Remembered to put TP in developer mode?

    ian
  3. #3  
    I can't get webos quick install to recognize my TP. I just updated it to 3.0.5. I've tried rebooting my TP and PC, reinstalling Novacom drivers, and I tried a different USB port. All to no avail. Is quick install not compatible with the new update or something? Thanks
    Did you put the TouchPad in developer mode?
  4.    #4  
    Yes I did. Sorry, forgot to mention that in the post. So any other ideas?
  5. #5  
    Tried restarting? (TP and/or PC). Just used webOS QI to install new Keyboard w/Arrows *.ipk - worked fine.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Tried restarting? (TP and/or PC). Just used webOS QI to install new Keyboard w/Arrows *.ipk - worked fine.
    Yes i've restarted both.
  7.    #7  
    I think I found part of the problem. For some reason, my PC recognizes my TP half way (if that makes sense). When I plug it in, TP beeps and PC beeps like normal. TP asks me if I want to go into USB mode and i tap close. My PC shows device is connected in the "Safely Remove Hardware" button. But when I go into My Computer, it's not there and the little box didn't pop up asking me what action i want to take with the device (like it does when you usually plug a device in). Help anyone?
  8.    #8  
    Ok wait... I am stupid... It's not doing the above because i don't put it into usb mode. LOL But still anyone?
  9. #9  
    I'm doing the upgrade on a second TP, so I'll let you know if I have any problem. Only other thing I might suggest is to try novacom directly - cmd prompt>novacom - and see if that finds any device. Other questions. . . OS? Is HP SDK up-to-date? Last time you used WOSQI (i.e., a different webOS device). . .

    EDIT: Still can't see a problem here - sorry.
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 01/12/2012 at 07:29 PM.
  10. #10  
    Just deinstall novacom driver in system control and reinstall. that should solve.
  11. #11  
    hi, newb here - bought my 16gb TP rooted and haven't used the webos side much. too smart for my own good, I updated to 3.0.5 and it unrooted me. specific question since I am trying to use webos quick install and having the same unrecognized issue as above: how do I access system control to uninstall the novacome driver?

    thanks. old time palm user, I actually bought the TP bc it dual booted and I wanted to play with webos. just not necessarily this way
  12. #12  
    Download and install the 3.0.5 doctor. Cancel it when it gets to the point of wanting you to plug in the device and reboot the PC. Then try quick install. Well???
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  13. #13  
    I get this often after I run ccleaner. Just uninstall the driver and reinstall it and it should work.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by btrandolph View Post
    how do I access system control to uninstall the novacome driver?
    I assume you use w7 or somethimg like this:
    start - control panel - software and there you see novacomd from palm.
    deinstall - reboot - start webosquickinstal, this should reinstall the driver correctly.
  15. #15  
    I updated this morning and right after went through the whole “getting started” guide,it was very helpful :-) mine did not work the first time either but a restart did fix the problem, I also have an apple laptop if that makes a difference .
  16. B/B
    B/B is offline
    B/B's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    #16  
    Tap the Just Type search bar.
    On the top left hand corner tap Just Type then Prefrences.
    Make sure that Applictaions is set to on.
    Last edited by B/B; 06/10/2012 at 09:05 PM.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by B/B View Post
    Tap the Just Type search bar.
    On the top left hand corner tap Just Type then Prefrences.
    Make sure that Applictaions is set to on.
    I don't think that's the solution. Anyway, this thread is quite old, and you should not revive it if you're having problems. Try a new thread.
  18. B/B
    B/B is offline
    B/B's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I don't think that's the solution. Anyway, this thread is quite old, and you should not revive it if you're having problems. Try a new thread.
    I had the same problem the op had. I could not put the touchpad into Developer Mode. When I checked my preferences in Just Type the Applications was turned off. Once I turned Applications on I was then able to put the touchpad in Developer Mode. Just a heads up for the folks who may have this problem.

    BTW when I did a Google search this thread came up. It may be old but it may still help someone.

    Regards
    Last edited by B/B; 06/12/2012 at 10:22 PM.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by B/B View Post
    I had the same problem the op had. I could not put the touchpad into Developer Mode. When I checked my preferences in Just Type the Applications was turned off. Once I turned Applications on I was then able to put the touchpad in Developer Mode. Just a heads up for the folks who may have this problem.

    BTW when I did a Google search this thread came up. It may be old but it may still help someone.

    Regards
    So the actual solution was to turn Developer Mode on, not to turn Just Type Applications search on. BTW, you can also get to the Developer Mode switcher by using the Custom App code "##devmode#".
  20. B/B
    B/B is offline
    B/B's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    So the actual solution was to turn Developer Mode on, not to turn Just Type Applications search on. BTW, you can also get to the Developer Mode switcher by using the Custom App code "##devmode#".

    The solution for me as stated above was to go to Just Type prefrences and turn on Applications. The codes in this thread did not work because Applications was turned off.

Posting Permissions