Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    **Please note, this is not a thread to complain and rant.

INFORMATION:
    Updates to patches, apps, kernels, etc... always take a few days to catch up to the new OS update. Please be patient.

How to toggle Auto Correct
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 01/13/2012 at 11:16 AM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Where's the darn Auto-correct Toggle on the virtual keyboard!!! Someone please post a screenshot!!

Thanks

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    friskies64 likes this.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Where's the darn Auto-correct Toggle on the virtual keyboard!!! Someone please post a screenshot!!
    I cannot find such a toggle.
    I have the glass effect (theme if its considered one). How do i properly remove it before in install 3.0.5? Thanks..
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    there's a auto correction toggle in text assist on the settings page. Not sure if that was there prior to upgrade but it looks like that's what they are referring to.
    I have a question....
    I've tried to install it but it won't install. After reboot it says update failed. Tried 3 times. I have android installed (decided to give it a go last week), Xron-ified alpha 3. Is this the problem? I will ask on android central as well. Thanks for any info.
    johncc likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzGuzz View Post
    there's a auto correction toggle in text assist on the settings page. Not sure if that was there prior to upgrade but it looks like that's what they are referring to.
    That was there before.

My question, is text assist fixed?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It was there before the update.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    is asphalt 6 fixed?
    Does anyone know how I can get the touch ripple removal patch back without doctering the device. Someone said there's a way of updating the feed to the 3.04 one but I can't find It. Thanks.
    Setup 2 virtual keyboards in regional settings one w auto correct set to NONE and one set to qwerty or qwertz or azerty

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    e-gadget-guy likes this.
    It seems to be VW. The prediction/auto-fill/SKYNET-is-controlling-your-TouchPad is gone, or so far, seems to be. I also tried writing a couple of sentences as quickly as I could, without looking at the displayed text, and 90% or better accurate. Also I didn't see one 'n' as a space between words. I'm pretty sure I started doing that after the 3.0.4 update, but I could be mistaken.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  13.    #13  
    Awesome, haven't got to do anything with TP, just let it update then had to walk away.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Setup 2 virtual keyboards in regional settings one w auto correct set to NONE and one set to qwerty or qwertz or azerty

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Any idea what happens if you have the Virtual Keyboard w/Arrows patch installed before you try this?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Any idea what happens if you have the Virtual Keyboard w/Arrows patch installed before you try this?
    I don't think it works... I no longer have arrows... =(
    Is UberKernal OTA update safe? or do I need to install the default palm kernal before doing the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I don't think it works... I no longer have arrows... =(
    New *.ipk (1.05) for keyboard patch w/arrows works in 3.0.5. I got brave and added an extra Keyboard and now have a toggle - "En/Qwy" - kinda nice.
    Yeah, I have 3.0.4 still, and this option is there just under "Shortcuts."
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy303 View Post
    is asphalt 6 fixed?
    Seems to be fixed for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Brother View Post
    Does anyone know how I can get the touch ripple removal patch back without doctering the device. Someone said there's a way of updating the feed to the 3.04 one but I can't find It. Thanks.
    If you don't want to wait till touch ripple removal patch be available for 3.0.5 (should be quite soon) you can add whole 3.0.4 patch feed into Preware and than try to install touch ripple removal 3.0.4 (no guarantee it works). To do that open Preware, choose 'manage feeds' and navigate to 'new feed' in the bottom. Add following URL: 'http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/3.0.4'. Name the feed as you like (for example "304-patches") and hit 'Add feed'. Restart Preware or choose 'Update feeds' from menu and after that you will be able to install all patches available for 3.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah
    Is UberKernal OTA update safe? or do I need to install the default palm kernal before doing the update?
    I did install 3.0.5 on existing UberKernel. And just after that I found in Preware UberKernel update to v3.0.5. So it looks it's save.

Answering all other questions about Virtual Keyboards... After 3.0.5 update you will need to re-install virtual keyboard. All vkb patches managed by isagar2004 in thread "virtual keyboards patches..." are already updated and work with WebOS 3.0.5
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast