Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Setup 2 virtual keyboards in regional settings one w auto correct set to NONE and one set to qwerty or qwertz or azerty

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    -donated-

Liked

I stop at abject worship! lol!
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadph View Post

Also, can anyone confirm if we can charge with the HP folio case cover folded over the touchstone? it's pretty critical to me since I have more cracks than Japan.
    Ok apparently I can keep the normal charging orientation of the TP but fold the case cover on the underside of the TP, in between the unit and the touchstone charger. And it charges!
    Pelcu, I can't find the UberKernal updated to v3.05 through preware (only shows v3.04). Is this because it is in "Beta" (my preware does not include beta)? If so, I assume I just need to wait patiently for it to move out of beta. I'm just checking in case that's not correct and I'm missing something that I should be doing. Thanks
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I DO NOT want to update. I've read of bootloops and it doesn't solve our major quips, so I'd much rather sit on the sidelines and wait for 3.0.6.

However I cannot get the device to get rid of the upgrade notification and I heard of the TP will sometimes "kick" itself into the upgrade regardless of whether you accept or not.

How do I get the device to NOT accept and ignore the upgrade notification.
    Anyone?
    Ok apparently I can keep the normal charging orientation of the TP but fold the case cover on the underside of the TP, in between the unit and the touchstone charger. And it charges!
    This is how I've done it since day one -- I didn't even notice the case "manual" says to lay the flap down in front of the unit, i've always folded it behind the unit, and the touchstone works fine.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    so i updated to 3.0.5
    at first i got bootloops,
    so i webdoctor'd and updated again.
    moboot was gone, so i reinstalled that with acme installer,
    i reinstalled preware on webos everthing loads fine, only i have no patches available...
    anyone else having this issue/ know of a fix ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    There is no "fix". You just have to wait for the patches to be available for 3.0.5. This always happens when webOS gets updated.
    If you can't wait then you may go with the 3.0.4. feeds.
    You can search a bit to see what patches work and what do not. Some users have reported patches that work.
    Patches for calendar, mail, messaging and native apps like that are not working.
    But others (for example the custom gestures for browser, advanced reset options etc) work just fine from the 3.0.4 feeds.
    Fair enough then ... I thought that might be the case but was surprised not to see even 1 patch available so thought it might be something wrong. Guess not!

I'll be patient and wait
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    Fair enough then ... I thought that might be the case but was surprised not to see even 1 patch available so thought it might be something wrong. Guess not!

I'll be patient and wait

Yes.. it seems HP/Palm pulled some 'unexpected' moves in 3.0.5 that are leading to 'delays'.

Recent update 'Tweets' from webOSinternals::

'..that is correct, there are no patches for 3.0.5 yet..'
    '..The surprise moving of core apps to /media/... (which is not supported by our current patch scripts) means a delay to 3.0.5 patches release..'
    '..We're working on a new Auto-Update System Modification Technology (AUSMT, pronounced "oz-em-tee") to handle patches, themes, etc congruently..'
    '..We ('TheRealSconix' actually), will release the first version of this new technology to the alpha-patches feed in the next couple of days..'
    '.. Both Theme Manager and Tweaks will be updated to use AUSMT, and Tweaks will eventually be able to apply raw patches, like Internalz..'
    '..So for this webOS 3.0.5 OTA update, we would recommend removing all patches before updating, or delaying your update until AUSMT is ready..'
    '..Tweaks will also eventually incorporate a finer-grained patch recovery support, replacing the need for EPR for most error cases..'
    '..Kernel source code for #webOS 3.0.5 has been released at Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm - look for an updated UberKernel soon..'
    '..UberKernel/TouchPad 3.0.5-91 is now in the beta-kernels feed - if I get success reports and no failure reports I'll push to stable in 10-12h..'

~~~~

Edit: Info: "..AUSMT Script makes updating patches and themes safe even after OTA updates. There might still be certain corner cases that can cause problems after OTA update, so if you want to avoid all problems it's still recommended to uninstall patches and theme before OTA update."

~~~~
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    This is how I've done it since day one -- I didn't even notice the case "manual" says to lay the flap down in front of the unit, i've always folded it behind the unit, and the touchstone works fine.
    Yea I've done it both way prior to 305. I have never gotten it to charge with the flap in any orientation. It was only 305 that I got to charge with the case. Anyway, I'm happy.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Yea I've done it both way prior to 305. I have never gotten it to charge with the flap in any orientation. It was only 305 that I got to charge with the case. Anyway, I'm happy.
    The has always worked for me from day 1 in July 2011.
    I've been running WarthogKernel (3.0.5-96 / Alpha feed) @ 1.7 since updating with no issues at all.
    If I have Cyanogenmod 7 running on the TP, will 3.0.5 affect my CM7 installation at all? Or can I just go ahead and update to 3.0.5?
    Thanks for the info on how to get the auto-correct toggle working!
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmarcuse View Post
    If I have Cyanogenmod 7 running on the TP, will 3.0.5 affect my CM7 installation at all? Or can I just go ahead and update to 3.0.5?
    Seems to have killed my moboot install, but I think everything else should be OK since it's all in /media/internal. Haven't had a chance to reinstall moboot to find out yet, but that shouldn't be a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarcuse View Post
    I have CM 7.1 Alpha 3 installed in dual boot with WebOS. I used Moboot 3.0.4. I had to uninstall UberKernel and Govnah to get 3.0.5 to install, but it didn't affect my CM install at all.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

• As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Hello...

I'm hoping someone can help me set the record straight. I'm on 3.0.4 with Preware installed along with some basic patches like Uberkernel, Govnah, etc. I don't have CM7 installed or any kind of dual boot, themes, or anything like that.

When I updated from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4, it was OTA and I did not uninstall anything prior to the install. Nothing bad happened, but I did wait for most patches to update for 3.0.4 compatibility first.

I'm reading various posts about the 3.0.5 update and there seem to be some significant changes behind the scenes that I don't really understand. At this point, I'm confused as to if I need to uninstall anything in case 3.0.5 decides to install itself (which is really how 3.0.4 installed for me...I kept saying "later" and it just installed overnight one day). Some people say yes, others no.

Should I uninstall anything at this point? Also, what is the best way to backup all settings in case I need to doctor my TP? I did some searches, but again, things are slightly unclear to me. Any advice would be most appreciated.
    It’s safer if you use the emergency patch remove path (EPR; I belive under Linux app category in Preware) before updating. The problem is that most of the core apps are moved to another place in the file system by the update.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    It’s safer if you use the emergency patch remove path (EPR; I belive under Linux app category in Preware) before updating. The problem is that most of the core apps are moved to another place in the file system by the update.

And backup before you update! ;-)

webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    And backup before you update! ;-)
    Another dumb question, but what is the easiest way to back everything up? I was hoping there was some program that could just create an image of the TP, but it doesn't seem that there is? Can I just copy/paste everything to my PC?
  20.    #100  
    save restore in preware, then backup your usb drive
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast