Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I still don't see any available patches in Preware under under 3.0.5. Is this the case, that none of the current patches have been updated or did I do something wrong? I uninstalled Uberkernel and all my patches before doing the update but forgot to uninstall the Glass Effect theme.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    Don't feel bad. I have a 16 and 32 GB TP. Update installed fine on 32GB TP. I get the same failed to install, try again later message that you are getting. Over the weekend, I will try to figure out how the setup is different and see if that matters. However, I think that I have the same patches on both TPs. I did unistall Muffle on both before installing the update.
    edit -
    I removed all patches from my 16GB TP, and 3.0.5 update installed. I did not remove the patches from my 32GB TP and the update installed fine.
  3. J A
    I installed 3.05 on a 16gb without removing any patches first and it installed fine. I had most of the ones installed from the "getting started" thread except touch ripple effect remover and pulse audio restart.
    Then went to preware and updated uberkernel and govnah. As mentioned by others the patches feed is not showing in preware post update.
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Now if we can get a gesture to jump to the top or the bottom...
    +1!

I'm relatively new to the TP, and was going to ask if there IS such a gesture. Does it exist in other OS, just not webOS? Or is it a larger problem with touch UI?

-C
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpad4760 View Post
    +1!

I'm relatively new to the TP, and was going to ask if there IS such a gesture. Does it exist in other OS, just not webOS? Or is it a larger problem with touch UI?

-C
    I'd rather see a gesture to cycle between cards left and right.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolvwlover View Post
    i'd rather see a gesture to cycle between cards left and right.
    + 9001
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

The browser gestures for the stock browser work, but the private browsing (red top bar) does not. I can live with it! Having the ability to go back and forth using the lower corners has become a must!

Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Patches from 3.0.4 patch feed (how to add this feed shown on page 1) I've tried:

1. Advanced browser gesture - works
    2. Remove ripple - works
    3. Uberkernel - works
    4. Glass theme - works
    5. Remove launcher button - works
    6. Uber calendar HD - no
    7. Launch with folder view minimized - no
    8. Launch with month view - no
    9. Pandora full screen - works

it seems most patches for calendar or email won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by garykirk View Post
    Had the same issue... Removed the 3 patches I had installed, rebooted, and ran the install again with no issues. You pays no money and you take your chances
    Me try that....

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I'd rather see a gesture to cycle between cards left and right.
    This will come with the open sourcing of LunaSysMgr, along with a variety of other gesture improvements

Also, cards dim slightly when non-focused now. Quite a nice little effect.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    I can confirm SubOrbital's changes (new & renamed launcher tabs) survived the update to 3.0.5 as did the custom Just Type label. I reinstalled Jason's advanced reset options and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Reading the change log for 3.0.5, HP doesn't mention the scroll indicator for the web browser. This makes me believe they have not listed EVERY change they have made.

So far, I like 3.0.5. I watched some youtube videos on 720P and 1080P and they played flawlessly. Before, 720P had some stutter and 1080P rarely played at all.
    Yes, I saw the scroll indicator. Also I have notice that the notifications are stacked one in top of the other. Previously were shown on a list type.
    Hi,

I've seen this question/problem posted a few times but I've not seen anyone come back saying it's resolved so thought I'd ask again...

Basically, the 3.0.5 update appears to have gone well. However, in Preware, I now don't see a "Patches" category anymore.

I can see the "webos-patches" feed has been updated to "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/3.0.5" which I expected. If I create a new feed pointing to 3.0.4, the "old" patches return but of course I understand these might not all work so I'm a little hesitant using this repository as a workaround.

Anyone found a fix for this? Happy to take whatever steps necessary to get this resolved!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    how do I stop the bloody update from trying to auto-update..I'm all home brewed and I'm waiting the norm or at least trying to before update. It tries to install on its own, shuts down all my cards, restarts with a fail then does same thing 5 min later. I'm guessing it doesn't update due to diff kernel.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    Hi,

I've seen this question/problem posted a few times but I've not seen anyone come back saying it's resolved so thought I'd ask again...

Basically, the 3.0.5 update appears to have gone well. However, in Preware, I now don't see a "Patches" category anymore.

I can see the "webos-patches" feed has been updated to "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/3.0.5" which I expected. If I create a new feed pointing to 3.0.4, the "old" patches return but of course I understand these might not all work so I'm a little hesitant using this repository as a workaround.

Anyone found a fix for this? Happy to take whatever steps necessary to get this resolved!

Thanks
    There is no "fix". You just have to wait for the patches to be available for 3.0.5. This always happens when webOS gets updated.
    If you can't wait then you may go with the 3.0.4. feeds.
    You can search a bit to see what patches work and what do not. Some users have reported patches that work.
    Patches for calendar, mail, messaging and native apps like that are not working.
    But others (for example the custom gestures for browser, advanced reset options etc) work just fine from the 3.0.4 feeds.
    There is no "fix". You just have to wait for the patches to be available for 3.0.5. This always happens when webOS gets updated.
    If you can't wait then you may go with the 3.0.4. feeds.
    You can search a bit to see what patches work and what do not. Some users have reported patches that work.
    Patches for calendar, mail, messaging and native apps like that are not working.
    But others (for example the custom gestures for browser, advanced reset options etc) work just fine from the 3.0.4 feeds.
    Just wait a few days and patches will return at 3.0.5. I removed 12 patches before upgrading and honestly I'm not missing any of them that much. Yeah I'm missing a few convenient tweaks but nothing earth shattering and actually the general performance of my TouchPad seems as good (if not better) than before. It certainly seemed to lag more before I removed the patches and updated anyway. That's just my personal experience though.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I noticed that there are patches in Preware updated today. They all have version number 3.0.4-something. How will we know a patch has been updated to work with 3.0.5, will the version number of the patch be 3.0.5-something?

Edit: I see the patch threads end with the version number, mine ends with 3.0.4. My TP downloaded 3.0.5 but I have not installed it yet. When I install 3.0.5, do I need to manually add the 3.0.5 feed? If I add the 3.0.5 feed now, can I upgrade patches to their 3.0.5 compatible version while running 3.0.4?
    Last edited by jdod; 01/14/2012 at 07:02 AM.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I noticed that there are patches in Preware updated today. They all have version number 3.0.4-something. How will we know a patch has been updated to work with 3.0.5, will the version number of the patch be 3.0.5-something?

Edit: I see the patch threads end with the version number, mine ends with 3.0.4. My TP downloaded 3.0.5 but I have not installed it yet. When I install 3.0.5, do I need to manually add the 3.0.5 feed? If I add the 3.0.5 feed now, can I upgrade patches to their 3.0.5 compatible version while running 3.0.4?
    No, feeds are automatically updated to 3.0.5 once you update your TP.
    If you install 3.0.5 you can manually add back the 3.0.4 feeds and use what patches still work until these patches are updated.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i manually added the 304 beta-patch feed after a doctor. these are the ones I assume works. at least the ones that I can test. i don't know about the file system tweaks though.

Also, can anyone confirm if we can charge with the HP folio case cover folded over the touchstone? it's pretty critical to me since I have more cracks than Japan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ha forgot about that . Touchstone works with my targus truss case!
    touchstone works with my truss case!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast