Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    After the 3.0.5 update, my Wifi seems to have permanently switched off. I cannot turn it back on, after many reboots. Any options here?

Is a webos Doctor reset the only option?
    Everything I've read so far leaves out something--to me it does anyway. I hit "remove" on patches, theme, and preware. All the other categories don't matter?(And overclocking if I have that.)And I have to do a luna restart after every patch removal? Then I update the OS.
    I made a list of patches I have installed, so I can refer to it later.
    Hopefully this will get answered, as I've read all the guides, and each seems to have something missing I panicked on.
    You plug your phone in?
    Chudman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnoman666 View Post
    I have the glass effect (theme if its considered one). How do i properly remove it before in install 3.0.5? Thanks..
    on preware look for "other" category, should be shown there, tap on it, remove...
    Long live Palm, I married my wife because she gave me a Palm III in 1998.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    You may want to reconsider that...They fixed the systems DB bug that locked up programs (Preware being one of them) from time to time depending on what programs had run before them.

Also being able to turn off autocorrect directly from the keyboard is *Awesome*!
    The browser scroll indicator is a nice touch too... Now if we can get a gesture to jump to the top or the bottom...

Quote Originally Posted by desertsalmander View Post
    not interested in updating the touchpad... update seems to be too minor and inconsequential (from my point of view - no difference to me)

how do i block this update?? its downloaded it (damdamndamndadmnamdnamdnamndmandmandmandamn!!) automatically ... i'd like to prevent it from installing...

~!HELP!~

EDIT: never mind... found out...
    After what looked like a full install and reboot - I get '...failed to install. Please try again later'.

Any ideas - I've tried it about three times?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    After what looked like a full install and reboot - I get '...failed to install. Please try again later'.

I've had this same issue, tried about 6 times between last night and this morning. I have Preware and some patches installed, but no themes. I removed the Muffle patch but left all the rest. I did the same for the previous update and had no issues, so I'm not sure what's wrong.
    Where is the toggle on keyboard?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hey all.. just a question if anything will get screwed up on my TP with this new update. Do I need to do anything to except the update if I have preware, unberkernal, and cyanoganmod 7 all on there. I managed to get them all on there by following directions, but I'm not really that computer savvy. I just want to make sure I wont screw anything up.. If you can help answer this id appreciate it, Thanks
    I installed 3.0.5 without thinking and left all my installed patches on. I have now removed them all fine except Muffle System Logging which comes up with the error -
    1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1

Any one got any ideas how I can remove it/if I need to remove it/if update will sort it out.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Don't feel bad. I have a 16 and 32 GB TP. Update installed fine on 32GB TP. I get the same failed to install, try again later message that you are getting. Over the weekend, I will try to figure out how the setup is different and see if that matters. However, I think that I have the same patches on both TPs. I did unistall Muffle on both before installing the update.
    PF Graham likes this.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I DO NOT want to update. I've read of bootloops and it doesn't solve our major quips, so I'd much rather sit on the sidelines and wait for 3.0.6.

However I cannot get the device to get rid of the upgrade notification and I heard of the TP will sometimes "kick" itself into the upgrade regardless of whether you accept or not.

How do I get the device to NOT accept and ignore the upgrade notification.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Care to elaborate? Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    Where is the toggle on keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Setup 2 virtual keyboards in regional settings one w auto correct set to NONE and one set to qwerty or qwertz or azerty

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    You can use patches from
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html

Think that pretty much covers it. Thanks to Sketch and Ben (from HP/Palm) for getting this together on twitter.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by desertsalmander View Post
    not interested in updating the touchpad... update seems to be too minor and inconsequential (from my point of view - no difference to me)

how do i block this update?? its downloaded it (damdamndamndadmnamdnamdnamndmandmandmandamn!!) automatically ... i'd like to prevent it from installing...

~!HELP!~

EDIT: never mind... found out...
    This is an exercise in futility... out of curiosity since you are so anti update, what version are you running? 3.0.5 is leaps beyond 3.0.0 and it a nice improvement over both 3.0.2 and 3.0.4.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    this is a minor concern because everything seems to be working fine after i updated everything, but...

one thing i'm curious about, and i can't recall if this was going on before all the updating, but, in the profiles list for Govnah, it shows the OnDemandTcl 1512 profile twice, but all other profiles listed once.

anyone else's like that?

and since i had to go back and select that 1.5 profile again after the updates (uberkernel default is what's running after reboot), it shows both OnDemandTcl 1512 profiles in bold when active, even though i only selected one.

if it is not supposed to be like that, is there a way to make it singular again?

EDIT: well, i'm not sure why that happened, but i decided to remove Govnah and UberKernal package and reinstall both. During that process it had to reboot a couple times and all is fine now, only profiles listed are UberKernal default, 1.5 and 1.7.
    Last edited by builthatch; 01/13/2012 at 12:25 PM.
    my WiFi has not kick me off in the last 2 hours , much better after the upgrade

Had the same issue... Removed the 3 patches I had installed, rebooted, and ran the install again with no issues. You pays no money and you take your chances
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Is it my idea or luna restarts are faster?
    Placebo post-upgrade effect?
  18. J A
    3.05 installed for a couple hours not and no major issues. My biggest problem is that the static/lowered sound issue that appeared after 3.04 has not been fixed..at least not on my device. Appears a restart is still the only solution for when this happens.

Which brings me to my question. Where is the official list of changes/fixes for this latest update? Is there one or are we just supposed to guess at what is now fixed/not fixed and so on?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J A View Post
    3.05 installed for a couple hours not and no major issues. My biggest problem is that the static/lowered sound issue that appeared after 3.04 has not been fixed..at least not on my device. Appears a restart is still the only solution for when this happens.

Which brings me to my question. Where is the official list of changes/fixes for this latest update? Is there one or are we just supposed to guess at what is now fixed/not fixed and so on?
    Something like this?
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Software update information and release notes for TouchPad (Wi-Fi)
    Reading the change log for 3.0.5, HP doesn't mention the scroll indicator for the web browser. This makes me believe they have not listed EVERY change they have made.

So far, I like 3.0.5. I watched some youtube videos on 720P and 1080P and they played flawlessly. Before, 720P had some stutter and 1080P rarely played at all.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast