Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    just so we can get this over with:
    if you have questions about how the updates work with [fill in the blank], Go here:
    Portal:Updating webOS Versions - WebOS Internals
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    New *.ipk (1.05) for keyboard patch w/arrows works in 3.0.5. I got brave and added an extra Keyboard and now have a toggle - "En/Qwy" - kinda nice.
    Nice, I needed to get home, hadn't really tested. Bout to install and play around.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Is Location Service fixed for Southern Hemisphere?
    In 3.0.2 it was screwed completely (latitude was out of -180 +180 range).
    In 3.0.4 it is better, but latitude is about +6 degrees north! Puts me way out in New South Wales instead of Melbourne.
  4.    #24  
    Cool got the custom keyboard with autocorrect switching keyboard setup. AWESOME!!!!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    To those wondering how to remove themes properly, here's a guide. This is assuming that you installed them via WOSQI, and haven't yet turned on the theme feeds with Preware. This guide will show you how to do that.

Go into Preware, and swipe down from the top left hand corner to bring down the menu

Select "Manage Feeds"

You'll notice a list of feeds, some of which are turned on and some of which are turned off. Turn on "precentral-themes" and "prethemer". When finished, hit the back arrow next to "feeds".

Now, Preware will ask you if it should update the feeds. Let it do that, and when finished go into your list of installed packages.

From there, you'll notice that you can now select themes. Select the category, select your installed theme and hit "remove". Let Luna restart, and you're done!
    I have read on a number of post in the 3.0.5 update about arrow keys on the keyboard. Is this part of the update or is it a preware patch? I searched in preware for "arrow" and "keyboard" and didn't turn up anything.
    I did install 3.0.5. If it were my Mac I would have CarbonCopyClone before to re-install "before". No such option exists in webOS, as far as I can tell. Not a complaint, just an observation and I will learn more.

But ... preware seems to have lost its "Patch" category? Can I delete Pre-ware and reinstall (if so how?). Will "Patch" come back magically in a few days?

Can I just go back to 3.0.4 until 3.0.5 has these issues resolved (if so, how?)?

I also seem to have lost the ability to overclock to 1.5 Ghz.
    Patches modify system files and as such they need to be updated for the new version of the operating system. To overclock, you'll need to reinstall the kernel that you used to overclock to begin with. It may need to still be updated.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Do a search for 'keyboard arrow keys' - 3.0.5 *.ipk is available.
    eblade -- seems I need to sit and wait for preware to catch up with 3.0.5.

But that leaves an interesting question, just for grins ... can you "downgrade" to 3.0.4 or is that a "reset" using webOS Doctor (something else I need to learn)?
    Quote Originally Posted by spd359 View Post
    I did install 3.0.5. If it were my Mac I would have CarbonCopyClone before to re-install "before". No such option exists in webOS, as far as I can tell. Not a complaint, just an observation and I will learn more.

But ... preware seems to have lost its "Patch" category? Can I delete Pre-ware and reinstall (if so how?). Will "Patch" come back magically in a few days?

Can I just go back to 3.0.4 until 3.0.5 has these issues resolved (if so, how?)?

I also seem to have lost the ability to overclock to 1.5 Ghz.

Try following the steps in this link.

Portal:Updating webOS Versions - WebOS Internals
    Patches from 3.0.4 patch feed (how to add this feed shown on page 1) I've tried:

1. Advanced browser gesture - works
    2. Remove ripple - works
    3. Uberkernel - works
    4. Glass theme - works
    5. Remove launcher button - works
    6. Uber calendar HD - no
    7. Launch with folder view minimized - no
    8. Launch with month view - no
    9. Pandora full screen - works

it seems most patches for calendar or email won't work.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Yes. asphalt 6 works with he accelerometer
    Last edited by navinag; 01/13/2012 at 12:04 AM.
    harpo95993 -- that worked ... new UberKernel, stop/start, now at 1.7. Almost getting back to what was (as much as a newbie can talk "expertly") ... life is beter.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Patches from 3.0.4 patch feed (how to add this feed shown on page 1) I've tried:

1. Advanced browser gesture - works
    2. Remove ripple - works
    3. Uberkernel - works
    4. Glass theme - works
    5. Remove launcher button - works
    6. Uber calendar HD - no
    7. Launch with folder view minimized - no
    8. Launch with month view - no
    9. Pandora full screen - works

it seems most patches for calendar or email won't work.
    Advanced Reset Options - works
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging - installs (I assume it's working)
    Unset CFQ IO Scheduler - installs

oh, and. . .

Warthog Kernel 3.0.5-96 - screams
    When I swipe a full screen app or browser it will not reduce to a minimized card. I need to use the illuminated button on the face of the screen to do this. Everything worked fine before the upgrade.

Any ideas?
    i tried to reinstall my theme but it hasn't worked.

Has the directory moved?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Cool got the custom keyboard with autocorrect switching keyboard setup. AWESOME!!!!
    Care to elaborate? Please.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    not interested in updating the touchpad... update seems to be too minor and inconsequential (from my point of view - no difference to me)

how do i block this update?? its downloaded it (damdamndamndadmnamdnamdnamndmandmandmandamn!!) automatically ... i'd like to prevent it from installing...

~!HELP!~

EDIT: never mind... found out...
    Last edited by desertsalmander; 01/13/2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: found myself
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Advanced Reset Options - works
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging - installs (I assume it's working)
    Unset CFQ IO Scheduler - installs

oh, and. . .

Warthog Kernel 3.0.5-96 - screams
    I have quite a few of these, but they just went away with 3.0.5. Do I need to first remove them from Preware, and then reinstall them?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast