Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1.    #1  
    This is the thread for reporting bugs in webOS 3.0.5. Special rules apply to this thread, so please read before you post.

This thread isn't for general chat.

We also aren't going to use if for general complaints and rants.

We're going to keep it clean, specific, and organized in order for HP to have easy access to confirmed bugs.

Keep your replies to either confirm a posted 'bug' by another member, or to list a possible new bug.

Please follow the criteria laid out below in both confirmations and posting of possible new bugs.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Tips for recording a great bug

1. Identify
    Proper identification of a bug is the most important thing when it comes to reporting a bug. If something happens only once is it really a bug? Itís also important to be able to know the different between expected behavior and unexpected behavior, sometimes things we perceive are bugs are not bugs at all, however when it doubt assume itís a bug.
    2. Isolate
    Take all other factors out of the equation. Although preware is likely not the issue, itís best to ensure a bug continues to appear with no software that could interfere
    3. Describe
    Others rely on what you say is a bug to attempt to replicate, and verify that it is a bug. Be descriptive, make sure you list enough information for someone else to come behind you and know exactly what you are talking about.
    4. Replicate
    So you found a bug and you have isolated, now itís time to replicate. Itís important to replicate the bug so you can document exact steps it takes to reproduce the bug. This is key for further testing.
    5. Verify
    Once you have replicated that is a bug verify, post it in the forums and let others attempt to make sure they see what you see, as others post bugs you can do the same.

Other key tips when filing your bug

1. Make your bug the first thing people see. The first line of your post should be the bug you have experienced.
    2. Donít write a wall of text. If there is a giant wall of text most people are just going to pass it by. Bullet list if possible.
    3. Make sense and use proper grammar. Thatís not to say that we should all be 100 percent perfect English, but someone coming behind you shouldnít have a hard time reading what you wrote.
    4. Document, document, document. While avoiding number 2 you want to document as much information as you can
    5. Include a screen shot if possible.

Questions to answer

The following questions are questions you can easily answer that are going to help discern as much as possible what the bug is.

1. Give a brief description of what happened.
    2. Do you receive any error messages?
    3. What are the expected results?
    4. What application exhibits the symptom?
    5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)
    6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?
    a. If so, what application and where from?
    7. What are you doing when the issue happens?
    8. When did the symptom first appear?
    9. How frequently does the symptom occur?
    10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
    11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
    . List exact steps to replicate issue
    12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router)
    . Manufacturer :
    a. Model Number:
    b. Version / Revision:
    c. Year:
    13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)***

***Further communication with HP would likely be through the private message feature in Precentral unless otherwise noted.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    host based printing for p1102w printer is still not implemented. Let me see if I get this: iPad works directly with this HP printer, but the Touchpad does not. Thank God for ePrint, otherwise we should have bought a HP pc too in order to print a lousy document.
    Appointment Scheduling Software | Online Scheduling Program

Can log on but when go to classroom page, unable to sign into classes--link doesn't work at all (in 3.02 links work but ribbon obscures the middle of the page). HP Tech support knows about this and has logged issue but I'm putting in a vote again as has been broken since 3.04 arrived.
    I've been getting a "Static" sound to the highs (while listening to Pandora with a 3.5 m jack to a receiver).

After a restart the sound sounded really bad. All muffled and horrid (playing MP3 files added before the update).

Another restart fixed the problem (MP3 file playing currently, haven't gone to Pandora yet) , but it appears more often than in the last version.
    [EDIT:] Sorry! I should have read the OP, but I didnít. Please beg my pardon, as Iím not excatly a new member. Will do better in future![/EDIT]

As I had to doctor directly to 3.0.5 without removing patches, it installed some of the Veer's apps out of my palm profile, and I can't access patches anymore (via Preware or QI).
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 01/13/2012 at 05:15 AM. Reason: ecuse
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    As I had to doctor directly to 3.0.5 without removing patches, it installed some of the Veer's apps out of my palm profile, and I can't access patches anymore (via Preware or QI).
    Same here. it would seem something is a-miss.

I did the RPK as there was one patch that would not un-install but now I look and there are no patches. I tried uninstalling and re-installing preware but still nothing. I need my patches... please help
    The Spanish dictionary seems to be worse than the one found in 3.0.4, it has issues flagging verbs in the future tense, first person, usually replacing them with some other unrelated word. I did not conduct further testing, I disabled autocorrect which helped but there is no way to apply this setting to just one language. Overall a great update.
    No live chat anymore? Is anyone else seeing this? Had to go on the HP website for help. Also, my just type search engines got reordered with google at the bottom, messes up my whole routine. Overall awesome, but hate the Just Type problems.
    C'mon guys. Did you even read the first post? At least gerzhwin appears to be a new member so he's semi excused. VERIFY! No patches is not a bug. We are all waiting for them to be updated using webOS Internals patch portal upgrade verification process. It usually takes a few days/weeks for them to be rewritten and modified to work with the upgrade; some of them simply keep working. The patches available in Preware all have to be verified using this method: WebOS-Patches Web Portal now Online! (Browse Patches, Submit New or Submit Update!)
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    HardBeatZ likes this.
    After the upgrade I can not swipe from the edge onto a full screen (ie program,browser...) and get it to reduce to a card. I have tried all orientations. I've done a hard reboot a couple of times. Only by pressing the illuminated face button will the full screen reduce to a card. Swiping the cards off screen works fine.

Upgraded to 305 without disabling uberkernel.

Update finished without any problems noted. Anyone else?

Solved...

Turned on advanced gestures in screen settings that 305 update had turned off.
    Last edited by greenlaser; 01/15/2012 at 04:57 AM.
    the sound still crap sometimes after wake from sleep/screen off
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    after the upgrade, now my touchpad bricked, it show a triangel icon with www.palm.com/ROM underneath, I power down and restarted, same thing display. Help!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wannacheck View Post
    after the upgrade, now my touchpad bricked, it show a triangel icon with www.palm.com/ROM underneath, I power down and restarted, same thing display. Help!!!!
    Same happend to me. You have to doctor it. Just visit the website displayed, and follow the instructions there.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    webOS is simply fabulous
    ó
    TouchPadís Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004ís post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Two issues found overnight:

1) Battery Life: I took my TouchPad off the touchstone around 11:30 last night to put on my nightstand. At no time did I use it before I went to sleep. I turned it on about 6:15 this morning to find the battery drained to 87%. After 25 minutes of mild web surfing, I was down to 79%. This behavior replicates the battery life of 3.0.2, which is a huge step back compared to 3.0.4.

2) Sound: Also when I woke up, I had no sound. I had to use the Pulse Audio Restarter to get the sound woirking again. I have not used this wonderful Homebrew app since upgrading from 3.0.2.

As for replicating these issues, I will see if it happens again over the weekend.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    No Longer Functioning
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlaser View Post
    After the upgrade I can not swipe from the edge onto a full screen (ie program,browser...) and get it to reduce to a card. I have tried all orientations. I've done a hard reboot a couple of times. Only by pressing the illuminated face button will the full screen reduce to a card. Swiping the cards off screen works fine.

Upgraded to 305 without disabling uberkernel.

Update finished without any problems noted. Anyone else?
    When attempting to reproduce the issue it seemed to me the sensitivity has been reduced. Accidental slight swipes from the edge didn't drop the card into a minimized view as often as before. Whenever I would intentionally start at the bottom of the bezel and work across the screen I could get it to drop into card view every time.

The other thing that I should point out is that your finger can not rest on the screen after performing the swipe. If I do a true swipe and not pause after coming onto the screen it would go into card view every time. If for some reason I was swiping and paused for half a second on the screen at the end of my swipe it would not drop into card view and would simply scroll the screen.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by inghamb View Post
    No Longer Functioning
    You are trying to turn off secure unlock? Or you saying you can't unlock your device at all?

I need more information before attempting to reproduce.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Quote Originally Posted by wannacheck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Same happend to me. You have to doctor it. Just visit the website displayed, and follow the instructions there.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Not really a bug, we know that under unforeseen circumstances devices can't be updated and will fail. That's why that option is made available.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

When in card view, the non-focused cards dim slightly. This is all good, and I quite like it, but sometimes when using stacks or opening the launcher it'll dim the currently in focus card. Probably not a lot we can do about it until we get the source, but I thought I'd mention it.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by inghamb View Post
    No Longer Functioning
    The patch is not updated yet (as said in the first post)... the patch for 3.0.4 functions fine in 3.0.5.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    You are trying to turn off secure unlock? Or you saying you can't unlock your device at all?

I need more information before attempting to reproduce.
    I am pretty sure he is talking about the patch that disables the lock screen. It makes it so when you press the power button you come up straight to operable device, no unlock needed.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast