Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I new bug that I have noticed since the update to 3.0.5 is that occasionally (every X number of times) when I delete a mail message, another unread mail message will disappear from the message pane, as though it were deleted. If I hit the refresh button on that pane, the unread message will reappear. All my email accounts (5) are IMAP, and I haven't noticed a pattern on when it will happen. This did not happen with the 3.0.4 version. It is kind of annoying, the email app on WebOS was very solid prior.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm_beer View Post
    I new bug that I have noticed since the update to 3.0.5 is that occasionally (every X number of times) when I delete a mail message, another unread mail message will disappear from the message pane, as though it were deleted. If I hit the refresh button on that pane, the unread message will reappear. All my email accounts (5) are IMAP, and I haven't noticed a pattern on when it will happen. This did not happen with the 3.0.4 version. It is kind of annoying, the email app on WebOS was very solid prior.
    Did you OTA? If so did you uninstall patches beforehand?
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Did you OTA? If so did you uninstall patches beforehand?
    I tried to do it OTA, but it wouldn't install even after I removed all the patches. I had to Doctor it to install the update.. Currently no patches are installed.
    This has happened to me since 3.0.0. It got better with 3.0.2, but still happens once in a while.
    I didn't see this covered in this thread, and not sure if it's been covered in previous versions' bug threads...

I've replicated this with two different apps, SkyOrb & MapToolsPro.

When holding the TouchPad in portrait (ie. vertical, arms out in front of you), the compass appears to be pointing in the right direction, but as soon as you start aiming up (pulling back less than 5) the direction does a 180 flip. It really makes it hard (impossible) to use an app like SkyOrb, where you need to be able to aim your TouchPad at the sky.

I am overclocked with F15 @ 1.8 and here's my patches:
    Click to view quoted image

I just Doctored my TouchPad and will verify that the same issues are happening with no overclocks, and no patches.

Verified same issues with no patches or overclocking.
    Last edited by sledge007; 02/04/2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    i am having problems with wi-fi that seem to date back to the latest update, although obviously it's difficult to 100% confirm this.

steps to reproduce (just one of many ways):
    1. launch browser, go to bbc iplayer and play some radio show or live stream.
    2. don't lock the screen, but wait a few minutes until the screen lock kicks in itself (duration depends on your settings).
    3. observe that as the screen lock kicks in, the streaming audio stutters and then stops, stutters and continues to stutter, or just stops.
    4. tap the centre button, drag the yellow unlock thingy on-screen to unlock the screen.
    5. observe that the sound resumes. most of the time. sometimes you have to reload the page.

i didn't have this problem before the update. this problem occurs at home as well as at friends' houses. i have the "wi-fi sleep" setting disabled (sorry don't have the touchpad with me to confirm what that setting is called).

extending the screen sleep time to the maximum (10mins) helps for obvious reasons (it delays the recurrence of the problem).

before upgrading to the latest webos build i ran Emergency Patch Recovery, which i believe removes all patches, more or less. i haven't installed any again since.

i have control of the wi-fi in my flat and haven't changed anything with it. there hasn't been an increase in devices connected to the wifi in recent times.

it's possible that the BBC iplayer site changed something that doesn't work well with the flash plugin on the touchpad, and the timing is coincidental, but when this gets really annoying i switch to the Pre 3 and i don't have any problems with the audio/wi-fi.
    I had this occur once too. It hasn't reappeared since but it drove me nuts while it was occurring. I had to reboot because of the scratchy sound bug anyhow and in doing so this phantom email bug went away - at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I didn't see this covered in this thread, and not sure if it's been covered in previous versions' bug threads...

I've replicated this with two different apps, SkyOrb & MapToolsPro.

When holding the TouchPad in portrait, the compass appears to be pointing in the right direction, but as soon as you start aiming up (pulling back less than 5) the direction does a 180 flip. It really makes it hard (impossible) to use an app like SkyOrb, where you need to be able to aim your TouchPad at the sky.

I am overclocked with F15 @ 1.8 and here's my patches:

I just Doctored my TouchPad and will verify that the same issues are happening with no overclocks, and no patches.
    I've had some almost heated discussion with the developer over this. It's pretty much useless. He says the issue is that way HP's drivers work but there is a new API from HP for the accelerometer and compass coming that should fix it. No, it doesn't work right. His solution is to use it in portrait but even then it switches back and forth.

However, try this. Load a compass app. hold the TP flat (screen up). It points to north right? Then slowly raise it up until it's vertical. Still pointing to north right? Now raise it so it's over your head (screen down). It switches because it's now really pointing to the south. On Skyorb, it doesn't switch. If you are trying to hold the TP to look at the zenith, it's actually pointing in the opposite direction. The is technically correct but it's not even close in SKyorb. My Android apps on the other tablets switch correctly although it rotates right at the zenith.

On mine, Skyorb switches when it's vertical not horizontal. In landscape (which he admits doesn't work yet) you can't look at anything since it wants to constantly switch. It's fine to look at the horizon but switches 180 agrees if you try to go above the horizon.

Considering some of the other issues with TP this doesn't shock me. I think he would fix it if he could. The bottom line is Skyorb really shouldn't be available for the TP in anything other than manual mode until he can make it work right. And it's certainly no reason to buy a TP. I am running CM7 and CM9 on mine in dual-boot and many of the astronomy apps don't work right either on a TP. Maybe someday.

I am also seeing a lot of apps fail to open on 3.0.5. The icon will glow like it's going to start but never does or occasionally it will up to 2 minutes later but then things are all wonky and I have to reboot. I am running no patches or OC.

I love WebOS but it's a sad day when an alpha ICS port works better than three revisions of WebOS.
    Last edited by Awats; 02/04/2012 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Replicated on my Touchpad. Really rather annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by spreng View Post
    I am also having this problem with email links. Since no one else has reported this, do you think it could be related to your keyboard-layout patch, which I am using?
    I think I've found a simple workaround. Links seem not to work only when in the middle of the screen vertically. If I scroll the link so it's near the top or bottom of the screen, it works fine.

Go figure.
    I got this issue too. Links in emails are only clickable when they are in the lower half of the screen (top doesn't work for me).
    The swipe to unlock doesn't alway work after the update. Well I think it is after the update. I got my tp back from warranty work and then it updated to 3.0.5. Since then when I turn the tp on, sometimes it doesn't respond to the swipe. I tried the disable swipe to unlock patch and then realized I couldn't put in my pin number to unlock it. Thinking that it was a preware software that I loaded not liking the new version, I reset the device so that it reloaded the default software and erased all my personal info (starting over) and it still wouldn't allow the swipe to work 100% of the time.

Then I found out when the swipe won't respond to unlock it, if I plug a USB cable into (it doesn't have to even be plugged into a computer or the wall) it will magically allow me to swipe and/or enter my pin number to unlock.

I noticed a few others were having a swipe to unlock issue. Also I wasn't sure if this was a result of update or the warranty work gone bad.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    This bug is also present in the app Communities when you handle Private Messages, i guess it share some code with email app because it looks very much like it.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Music player cant handle album art when song titles contain non english character.

Added albums to my Touchpad and its evident that album art is missing on those songs with titles containing non-english characters like german letters and or swedish .

webOS for phones (1.x -2.x )works fine but not for tablets (3.x).
    Last edited by Andreas; 02/20/2012 at 05:21 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Another bug I have noticed is the way the TP opens a program.

If I have one app running (i.e. Advanced Browser, Email, Calendar, etc) and I want to open another app from the launcher, I have to go through a few hoops to get the new app to actually open.

After I open the launcher and select the app I want, the TP seems to hang, or not register the selection. I have to close the launcher and maximize the app I already have to open for the new app to start loading. If I select the app muliple times in the launcher (assuming that it didn't register the selection), then I get that many instances of the app running after I click back to the previously open app.

For all the problems 3.0.5 was supposed to fix, the new bugs are much more annoying than the previous problems (except for the accelorometer issue in 3.0.4).
    I have this issue too i.e. Touchpad hangs trying to open apps and then opens multiple copies of app depending on how many times you have tried to launch it. Seems the act of trying to launch the app is registered but the TP doesn't respond for about 20 secs
    @HardBeatZ should I call it a bug or another lack of webOS features: Google Maps JSJSJS $API$ $not$ $supported$ ($for$ $example$ $a$ $simple$ '$click$' $event$ $cannot$ $be$ $tracked$ $with$ $addListener$). $What$'$s$ $wrong$ $with$ $you$ $people$?! $Can$'$t$ $wait$ $for$ $a$ $final$ $version$ $of$ $CM9$ $to$ $get$ $rid$ $of$ $webOS$.
    Do you remember the beginning of webOS 3 when there was a "break" every few moments? WebOS simply stopped responding / working for a few seconds. This got better and better with every update. But since I ota'd to 3.0.5, these breaks are back and appear quite often. Additionally, the "two many cards" error is back. It even happens to me when I only have two browser cards open and nothing else (i think the browser is the source of all those buggy behaviours).
    Seems to me like a memory leak, and a quite big one when we consider that the Touchpad has 1GB of it.

Does anyone of you experience these bugs too or is my installation broken?

Best regards,
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    Do you remember the beginning of webOS 3 when there was a "break" every few moments? WebOS simply stopped responding / working for a few seconds. This got better and better with every update. But since I ota'd to 3.0.5, these breaks are back and appear quite often. Additionally, the "two many cards" error is back. It even happens to me when I only have two browser cards open and nothing else (i think the browser is the source of all those buggy behaviours).
    Seems to me like a memory leak, and a quite big one when we consider that the Touchpad has 1GB of it.

Best regards,
    Chris
    I've only had my TP for a little over a month and a half. When I bought it it had the previous version of webOS. I updated to 3.0.5 immediately. Every so often when transferring files via the USB I get the "too many cards" error. I always think that is odd...so, no, you didn't break the install.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post

Best regards,
    Chris
    I am also getting the "too many cards" error with only one or two apps open. This also occurred only after the update and is usually associated with the browser open...hoping a new update fixes this.
    I can confirm the following on 2 different 32Gb TPs in 3,05. None of these existed for me in 3.04

1) The sound deteriorates over time to what sounds like blown speakers
    2) often can't click on hyperlinks in emails. Zooming in and out and messing around tapping will work sometimes

Both problems seem to clear for a while if I power down completely and then turn back on.

Not sure what real benefits I got from 3.05 but I sure know what has been taken away. Wish I never updated. These 2 bugs have reduced my use of the TPs significantly to the point where they have become deskclcoks and photo frames.

PS the other bug, which has existed from the start, is the inability of the browser, along with Advanced Browser, to render some webpages due to the construction of the links I think. Foe example, many of the links in emails from publications like ZDnet to on-line articles will cause and error and not load to the page. Copying the links and trying to paste them does not work. The links seem to be very long and contain a tracker or referrer which seems to be at the root of the problem since you can find the article and read it just fine if you go directly to the main site and search for the story. These 3 things make the TPs very frustrating for me to use regularly anymore.
    Last edited by TheBigOldDog; 03/11/2012 at 05:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigOldDog View Post
    I can confirm the following on 2 different 32Gb TPs in 3,05. None of these existed for me in 3.04

1) The sound deteriorates over time to what sounds like blown speakers
    2) often can't click on hyperlinks in emails. Zooming in and out and messing around tapping will work sometimes

Both problems seem to clear for a while if I power down completely and then turn back on.

Not sure what real benefits I got from 3.05 but I sure know what has been taken away. Wish I never updated. These 2 bugs have reduced my use of the TPs significantly to the point where they have become deskclcoks and photo frames.

PS the other bug, which has existed from the start, is the inability of the browser, along with Advanced Browser, to render some webpages due to the construction of the links I think. Foe example, many of the links in emails from publications like ZDnet to on-line articles will cause and error and not load to the page. Copying the links and trying to paste them does not work. The links seem to be very long and contain a tracker or referrer which seems to be at the root of the problem since you can find the article and read it just fine if you go directly to the main site and search for the story. These 3 things make the TPs very frustrating for me to use regularly anymore.
    The sound issue DID exist in 3.0.4 it was fixed for some in 3.0.5 and introduced for others by the same release. As for the links in email, that is new in 3.0.5 but the simple workaround is to scroll the email so the link is in the bottom half of the screen then it seems to work.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast