01/22/2012, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by jstarling82
I am having various problems with two 32GB pads after the OS update. Both had “moderate” tweaks – Uberkernal and approx 10 patches (the most commonly recommended ones, most developed by Jason R). I did not get a chance to prepare for the OS update – the update happened on both pads without my confirmation.
Between the 2 pads, I’ve seen these problems in the past few days:
1) Twice, the Glimpse app reset itself to its default configuration.
2) On one of the pads, the email app would come up, but show no emails. This problem disappeared when I removed the Prev/Next Email patch.
3) Shutdown on one of the pads did not function correctly – a Restart did not include the normal boot process (it was like the pad never shut down, but just went to sleep). Removing the Advanced Reset Options patch corrected this.
Last nite, everything seemed stable, so on one of the pads I played around with the Uberkernal settings (all of them – speed, TCP congestion and I/O scheduler). The pad’s performance is great, but now I have “No Internet Connection” problems similar to yours.
Here’s a short synopsis of what happened:
1) Every card of the CBS Sports app complained about the WiFi, but it still seemed to show updated info. I removed this app, and now it won’t re-install (see #3 below).
2) The email app can receive, but not send emails. When I tap the Refresh icon, I get the “No Internet Connection” error. When verifying my Login credentials, trying to reset my password gives me a “no connectivity” error.
3) I can browse, but not download from the HP App catalog. I can download from Preware.
4) Everything else that is internet-related on the pad seems to work great.
I have done the EPR and currently have no patches installed. The Uberkernal is set with its defaults, except for the 1.8GHz speed.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.