Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Touchpad 32, after update my sound is HORRIBLE, and only from one speaker. It was fine after 3.04 update......no error messages and no other info.
    Woke up today, picked up my TouchPad (the aforementioned one that is frequently very slow and has lots of apps on it), and the "Downloads" tab on the launcher was completely non-responsive. All other tabs worked. Also, the sound was completely dead.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Here's a quick guide to get your patches up and running again if don't want to wait for the patches to get updated by their developers.

TouchPad webOS Preware Patches Not Working After System Update - Fix - gdgt

it work for me
    This sucks!

Battery life is completely hosed..

My patches don't work (processor was overclocked and went from 1.5 ghz down to 1.18)

Sound sucks! only one speaker working!
    Last edited by trexlee001; 01/18/2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Since the update, my contacts in email and messaging have been really screwed up. It's mis-assigning names to emails, text messages and IMs. (IE an email from Jason shows as coming from someone else in my contact list named Matt). It's particularly irritating as it somehow decided to substitute my current girlfriend for an old one... I've tried removing my google, exchange and facebook accounts and re-adding but the issue does not go away.
    Did you OTA or Doctor? My policy is to always Doctor and then just restore stuff, it's more of a faff but it's guaranteed to avoid strange issues.
    MS Exchange issue on not replicating emails in inbox.
    Was Microsoft's activesync deprecated out of the latest update?

I have noticed this a couple of times, yesterday and now today.
    Emails come in fine on my Palm Pre 1.4.5.
    Several emails do not show up on the Touchpad however they are on my Palm pre and on my Outlook client on my laptop.
    I have removed the account and reinstalled the account and they reappear.
    My gmail and yahoo accounts work fine.

I have the standard settings.
    Incoming mail server:
    Server: https://webmail.domain.com/
    Domain: domain
    Username: myusername
    Password: password

We use Exchange 2003

I never had this issue with 3.04

The settings work fine and can log in. But many of the emails have not synced up.
    Another email bug:
    Some of my emails are coming in as a calendar request on my corporate exchange 2003 mail,
    where they are not a calendar request. Really weird that the Touchpad email is producing this.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    My email to the HP exchange system is working fine.

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    No live chat anymore? Is anyone else seeing this? Had to go on the HP website for help. Also, my just type search engines got reordered with google at the bottom, messes up my whole routine. Overall awesome, but hate the Just Type problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this but the help app live chat feature isn't working. HP knows about the problem and is working on it.
    This issue should be resolved. If you do not see the chat button being clickable, please reboot your device and try again.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Did you OTA or Doctor? My policy is to always Doctor and then just restore stuff, it's more of a faff but it's guaranteed to avoid strange issues.
    This was an OTA update. I will wait the weekend and if no resolution I'll doctor next week.
    johnjaycee likes this.
    I have notice that, since upgrading, I cannot open PDF files or office document that are sent as attachments to emails. The respective program opens, but only displays a white screen with the normal header bar.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    two more bugs to report

1. If a contact messages you 1st and its a new conversation started by your contact then the message is received p by his/her email address as the contact name or contact tag and not the contact tag you specified. Example: if tom hanks is my contact and he messages me and initiates a conversation , in synergy instead of Tom Hanks it will have a name tag such as his email address like thanks@gmail.com and show his status as offline.

2. If I scroll through my chat history or Skype contacts quickly it causes the chat history or contacts to disappear or freeze and I have to exit app and restart.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    wow today seems to be my kucky day..another bug..

the number 9 does not glow blue when pressed under pin lock
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Has anyone else had problems getting links in the email app to work? For instance when I get an email notification from these forums and I try to click the link nothing happens.
    I am also having this problem with email links. Since no one else has reported this, do you think it could be related to your keyboard-layout patch, which I am using?
    Exhibition mode fails to start while on Touchstone. Starting it manually does nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by spreng View Post
    I am also having this problem with email links. Since no one else has reported this, do you think it could be related to your keyboard-layout patch, which I am using?
    Clicking links in email does nothing for me, most of the time. Sometimes holding on the link will allow me to copypasta it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Clicking links in email does nothing for me, most of the time. Sometimes holding on the link will allow me to copypasta it.
    Replicated on my Touchpad. Really rather annoying.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Looks like I'm able to open links if I multi tap slightly -above- the link. Looks like it doesn't take into account the added space from the new icon size.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by jstarling82 View Post
    I have a stock 16GB Touchpad with Wi-Fi capability, no preware or third-party modifications have been made.

Upon updating my Touchpad to 3.0.5, I have been unable to connect to the internet via my home wireless network.

My network operates through a cable modem, which is routed by a trendnet router. The modem handles DHCP, and I have it disabled on the router.

I used this same wireless network to download the update directly to the Touchpad, but I have been unable to connect since then. I can, occasionally, get the tablet to connect to the network, but I am still unable to access the internet.

This happens in all web-enabled applications. In the internet browser, I get an error message saying "no internet connection." I do not get this message in any other application, but I am not able to connect in email or chat apps.

Any assistance would be enormously appreciated!

I am having various problems with two 32GB pads after the OS update. Both had “moderate” tweaks – Uberkernal and approx 10 patches (the most commonly recommended ones, most developed by Jason R). I did not get a chance to prepare for the OS update – the update happened on both pads without my confirmation.

Between the 2 pads, I’ve seen these problems in the past few days:
    1) Twice, the Glimpse app reset itself to its default configuration.
    2) On one of the pads, the email app would come up, but show no emails. This problem disappeared when I removed the Prev/Next Email patch.
    3) Shutdown on one of the pads did not function correctly – a Restart did not include the normal boot process (it was like the pad never shut down, but just went to sleep). Removing the Advanced Reset Options patch corrected this.

Last nite, everything seemed stable, so on one of the pads I played around with the Uberkernal settings (all of them – speed, TCP congestion and I/O scheduler). The pad’s performance is great, but now I have “No Internet Connection” problems similar to yours.

Here’s a short synopsis of what happened:
    1) Every card of the CBS Sports app complained about the WiFi, but it still seemed to show updated info. I removed this app, and now it won’t re-install (see #3 below).
    2) The email app can receive, but not send emails. When I tap the Refresh icon, I get the “No Internet Connection” error. When verifying my Login credentials, trying to reset my password gives me a “no connectivity” error.
    3) I can browse, but not download from the HP App catalog. I can download from Preware.
    4) Everything else that is internet-related on the pad seems to work great.

I have done the EPR and currently have no patches installed. The Uberkernal is set with its defaults, except for the 1.8GHz speed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by olderdude; 01/22/2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Clarified the HP App catalog problem
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast