Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Yes I did, I tried it landscape and portrait and both didn't work. It worked fine up until the update so I assume something glitched. Probably just end up using the doctor to see if that works.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > Pre- > Pixi > Franken Pre2 >
    TouchPad 32gb
    I actually think the battery life has IMPROVED with the 3.0.5 update - at least in my case. I swear, it is lasting much longer for me than 3.0.4. I have no way to be sure though but it sure feels like it lasts much longer for me.
    audio distortion still happens just like in 3.0.4, don't have much info on the cause as it seems completely random and it happened after the device was fully erased and doctored. (waiting for the feeds and patches to be updated http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/ )
    dammit! My Touchpad somehow updated by itself, here's hoping I don't experience any issues. Fingers crossed.
    Not sure I can call them bugs or missing features but
    - newly draft created saved emails do not get synched to exchange server. They re kept locally only in draft folder
    - on synology audio station. Double click still zooms in the webpage instead of the Ajax selection.
    - downloading from internet sites does not always work
    Amazon cloud player. In the stock browser (also in advanced browser), the play/pause button does not work. It worked fine under 3.0.4. I can start playing music by tapping on the song or album. But cannot pause.

also, I have noticed a similar problem playing audio for podcasts directly in the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    Not sure I can call them bugs or missing features but
    - newly draft created saved emails do not get synched to exchange server. They re kept locally only in draft folder
    Blame Microsoft. It's a limitation of EAS. Exchange doesn't support uploading drafts from mobile devices to the server.
    The preference in the Clock application regarding playing an alarm "When Sounds is Muted" does not function correctly.

Recreation:
    1. Set the preference for "When Sounds is Muted" to "Play Alarm Sound."
    2. Create an alarm.
    3. Mute sounds on your TouchPad via main drop-down menu.
    4. Wait for the alarm to go off.

Expected results:
    Alarm should be played audibly.

Actual results:
    Alarm sound is not played.

Environment:
    webOS 3.0.5
    32gb TouchPad

System Logs:
    #3186335 - Pastie

Steps already taken:
    I have reviewed the JSJSJS $code$ $to$ $confirm$ $that$ $all$ $of$ $the$ $branching$ $logic$ $inside$ $of$ $the$ $clock$ $application$ $appears$ $correct$. $Tracing$ $through$ $all$ $the$ $logic$ $I$ $am$ $led$ $to$ $believe$ $that$ $the$ $smoking$ $gun$ $pointing$ $to$ $the$ $error$ $is$ $revealed$ $in$ $the$ $logs$ $at$ $this$ $line$:
    user.notice audiod: _pulseStatus: sink 1-notifications opened (stream 1). Volume: 0, Headset: 0, Route: 0, Streams: 1.

The "Volume: 0" part is what implies to me that something is not properly being over-ridden. Additionally, I don't see any arguments being passed inside of the Clock app which would communicate to pulseaudio/audiod that there should be some volume set.

Furthermore, the same test procedure with the volume on results in a log message that looks like this:
    audiod: _pulseStatus: sink 1-notifications opened (stream 8). Volume: 45, Headset: 0, Route: 0, Streams: 1.
    Just upgraded to 3.0.5 and maybe it's my imagination, but apps like Glimpse seem to take FOREVER to load compared to 3.0.4. And this is both when on the stock kernel and on F15C kernel (1.7Ghz).

I click on the Glimpse icon and the loading screen flashes 6-8 times and Glimpse comes up about 10 seconds later. Before it was 3-4 flashes and 5-6 seconds, so loading seems to be TWICE as long on 3.0.5 than before.

Am I alone in this? I have heard people say 3.0.5 is FASTER than 3.0.4?! I don't know if this has to do with the fact that I doctored up to 3.0.5 or the fact that I have 3.0.4 patches on (3.0.5 patches aren't out), or maybe it is just that 3.0.5 is SLOWER.

Can anyone confirm or deny this or offer suggestions? 3.0.5 does bring with it the accelerometer fix that i wanted, but it seems like it's fix one and break another. It's not just Glimpse either -- I notice it on my other apps although Glimpse is the most pronounced.

Thanks!
    Anyone notice that the touchstone charging is still taking forever to charge whereas plugging directly in charges fully within 2 hours?

my touchstone took 20minutes to charge 5%!!! What in tarnation happened? Is this worse than 3.0.4?

I did charge in landscape mode. Now I will try portrait and see what happens.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Guys check out Gun bros and Card Ace. Gun Bros is slow unless carded
    and the menu for Card Ace does not scroll after u play 1 game unless carded
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Anyone notice that the touchstone charging is still taking forever to charge whereas plugging directly in charges fully within 2 hours?

my touchstone took 20minutes to charge 5%!!! What in tarnation happened? Is this worse than 3.0.4?

You have a 6.5Ah battery. The unit charges at a rate of slightly over 1Ah. You can recover approximately 15% of your charge in 1 hour. This is physics. In this forum, we obey the laws of physics.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post

Try charging it with the USB port on the very top. The electrons will flow faster with the help of gravity.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    davidtm, rburtz, eblade and 8 others like this.
    I dont know If i posted it right as I am new to this forum but I seem to be having problem updating my 3.0.4 touchpad to 3.0.5. I have been trying to update it for 5 times now and it only says " The System update HP webOS 3.0.5 failed to install." I really want to update my touchpad to improve its stability and performance. Please if anyone of you who is gracious enough to help me. Id be more than thankful =(
    hey bro can you help me with my touchpad? I cant update it to 3.0.5 from 3.0.4. When ever I try to update it after the installation it says update failed. I've tried to update it 5 times now and it always say update failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Guys check out Gun bros and Card Ace. Gun Bros is slow unless carded
    and the menu for Card Ace does not scroll after u play 1 game unless carded
    Both working smooth for me.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the annoying time drift still exist in 3.0.5?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simon916 View Post
    Both working smooth for me.
    @simon is your Touchpad overclocked? Did you card the game after starting it at any point?
    @lorenzobayot1 if you have android installed, remove it with 'Remove Android' from preware then try. If not, I'd doctor it by going to http://www.palm.com/rom
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    @lorenzobayot1 if you have android installed, remove it with 'Remove Android' from preware then try. If not, I'd doctor it by going to http://www.palm.com/rom
    Hey bro. for some reason I followed all the steps but the step the steps 5,6, and 7 didnt work my touchpad in the link that you gave to me. Thank you so much for your reply. I really need help with this
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast